Guinness Book of Records record breaking attempt at LFCC

showmasters

does anyone have any ideas for a fairly easy costume I could do so I can take part?

This one?

amidala3.jpg

Or this?

leia.jpg

Minimal sewing...but the hairdo.. ouch!

Edited by Cookie

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Force FX lightsaber at collectormania, I've already been looking at ordering a Jedi robe and this just gives me a better excuse lol, you wouldn't need much else to complete the costume - a black pair of jeans and a white shirt is all you need. I'm a maybe as I have to buy/make my costume first.

x 10 Changing rooms sounds great but there is no current place to store your items unless the venue itself has a cloakroom but you'd have to go by there rules which i'm assuming is the standard £1 an item.

what is the record atm anyway? i would have thought that star wars celebration thing at Excel would have been the record....

i'd love to get my Mara Jade out but i'm missing pieces...still i have got a month to try n get stuff for it.

Edited by Ladyd

I cant wait for the Sunday with lets hope loads and loads of people in Star Wars costume. There will be a few Star Wars groups attending including mine. We will be recruiting on both days if anybody is interested in joining us, were more relaxed than other groups about the standard of costumes which gives more people the chance to join a Star Wars costuming group.

Cheers,

Sean.

I convinced the 2 friends i'm coming with to rent Star War stuff!

But for women we only saw the Amidala flashy red robe, the mask is impossible to wear: it hurts!

So we will be 3 jedis : 2' king kong jean' (or whatever is Liam Neeson's name :P ) and 1 obi one kainobi! :D

I convinced the 2 friends i'm coming with to rent Star War stuff!

But for women we only saw the Amidala flashy red robe, the mask is impossible to wear: it hurts!

So we will be 3 jedis : 2' king kong jean' (or whatever is Liam Neeson's name :P ) and 1 obi one kainobi! :D

Nice one hope to see you there.

I just wondered could showmasters give further details of how they the day will operate with this event. Will registration take part during the entirity of the day or only after 3pm? Also when will the en masse picture take place. The main reason I ask is that I would love to take part but becuase I have purchased tickets for the Patrick Stewart talk I am worried that the two events will clash.

• Showmasters Admin

Registration will be all day and you will need to be changed into your costume ready for 3pm, so if you start gathering in costume at about 2.30pm that should be fine.

You might have to get changed after the talk if the changing rooms are busy or your costume is complicated, but at least you'll get to see it.

I've got a Jedi costume, but I'm crewing both days.

If any crew want to take part, let us know in advance and we'll see what we can do.

Andrea

• Showmasters Admin

ok you can register any time over the Sunday and you will be given a number and you show this at 3 pm what we all group up for the photo it will only take 10 minutes to have the photo taken

hope that give you an idea of what will be going on

see you there

ok you can register any time over the Sunday and you will be given a number and you show this at 3 pm what we all group up for the photo it will only take 10 minutes to have the photo taken

hope that give you an idea of what will be going on

see you there

Thanks for the info thats made things a little clearer. Our group will be present on both days

and would like to know more about reserving some space to promote our group over both days.

Please can you get back to us.

Cheers,

Sean Keating

Empire Costume Group.