Parking - answer in post 11

damndirtyape

Thanks to everyone who has posted about the capacity of parking at the studio and local car parks BUT can somebody please advise whether or not ticket holders will actually be allowed to park inside the studios?

Apologies if this has been answered anywhere else but I'm buggered if I can find the info and have to say ai think it is very poor that this sort of very basic information is not readily available so close to the event itself. I shouldnt have had to sspend an hour looking for it!

Thanks to everyone who has posted about the capacity of parking at the studio and local car parks BUT can somebody please advise whether or not ticket holders will actually be allowed to park inside the studios?

Apologies if this has been answered anywhere else but I'm buggered if I can find the info and have to say ai think it is very poor that this sort of very basic information is not readily available so close to the event itself. I shouldnt have had to sspend an hour looking for it!

No official announcement yet. I second your request for info and also share your pain.

Those of us coming to this will be getting first dibs on carparking spaces really early on. Those coming for the Voice wont be arriving till about late afternoon. (But dont quote me on it)

The event organisers are only going to have as much information about parking as is on the Elstree Studios website. Car parking at the studios is open to the public and is free. If that car park is full, there is Tescos next door (maximum 4 hours parking) and, I think, a council car park very close.

Not sure what else you want to know.

Make it another one who would like to know about parking. If you can't park in Elstree and Tesco you can only park in for a few hours. I'm going to have to find a pay and display. Add all day parking and petrol cost it might workout cheaper to get the train so it would be nice to know info on parking.

The Event has been booked for months so I'm sure the people hosting the event could of found out about parking by now.

There is pay and display at the car park that is shared by the council offices and the Venue (sports centre). I dont know how much the parking is, I'll try to find out tomorrow and post it for you here. It's only 100 yards down the road from the studios and there's lots of parking there.

The website for The Venue says "Charges apply Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6.30pm (50p for up to an hour, £1 for 1 to 2 hours)." but I'll drive by and double check that tomorrow for you.

Edited by jael001

I have received confirmation that there is no parking available at Elstree Studios for attendees.

Apologies for not finding out sooner.

elstreeparking.jpg

Not very Happy. :D:angry::angry:

Thanks for finding out 1of2, but this should have been officially confirmed by SM ages ago.

Can not believe it has taken until now for it to be confirmed? What a joke! Extra expense which I could do without tbh, especially as I could be parked up somewhere for approx 10 hours. :angry:

I checked the cost of parking at The Venue just a little further down the road from the Studios, there's 400 spaces, it's pay and display and the prices are:

up to 1 hour - 50p

1-2 hours - £1.00

2-3 hours - £1.50

3-4 hours - £2.00

4-5 hours - £3.00

over 5 hours - £5.00

Blue badge holders - no charge

Motorcycles - no charge

The prices are the same at the Brook Road/Meadow Park car park.

I've just marked the 2 nearest pay and display carparks on the Google map, they're the 2 with the blue markers, the one on Brook Road (the left hand one) is the Brook Road/Meadow Park car park and the other is the car park for The Venue and the Civic Offices (entrance on Elstree Way next to the Ibis Hotel). The Studios are at the bottom centre of the map. Both car parks are a 5 minute walk from the Studios.

4d524ed6.jpg

Edited by jael001