#1 showmasters

showmasters

Showmasters

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,102 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:31 AM

Hi Everyone 

As some of you know our dear friend Kenny Baker will be attending Film and Comic Con Manchester.

After a long talk with his family we have all come to the decision that its going to be best for Kenny to only appear on one day and that day is going to be the Saturday.

Kenny is 80 years old and dose find the days long so we are only planning to have him at the event for around 4 hours or so.

I know some of you may feel that this is a lot to ask of Kenny but Kenny wanted you to know this is what he really wants, he looks forward to seeing you all at each event and loves to get out of his home and of late he has not been able to do that much.

Kenny wanted you the fans to know he is not planning to do many event over the next year and the events he dose do he will be there only for the one day , apart from Film and Comic Con Manchester Kenny's only other events he is planning to attend this year are the following.    

Film and Comic Con Manchester

Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st May 2015 - EventCity, Manchester

London Film and Comic Con 2015

Olympia, Fri 17th to Sun 19th July 2015

Autographica 22

Friday 11th to Sunday 13th September 2015 - Radisson Hotel, Heathrow

One other point that you all should know Kenny will only be at these events for a shortened day so the time that he will be autographing will be limited and as such he is not going to sign for dealers only fans.

This means Kenny he will only sign up to 5 items per person and no more this makes if fair for the real fans out there that still need his autograph in the limited time he will be at the show signing.

Kenny's autograph price will be £25 per autograph this is so real fans line up to buy them and not dealers looking to buy autographs to put away and invest.

I have been a personal friend of Kenny's for over 26 years and look upon him as a member of my family, both  Drew who looks after Kenny day to day and myself have talked this over and worked out what is best for Kenny and still achieve what he wants out of life, this is what we have come up with so i hope you can all see why this is a fair workable way forward for Kenny.

We felt is was important to explain why things are changing a little and also give everyone a heads up so that if you did want to meet Kenny then there are now only going to only be a few chances a year to do it so do not miss out.

We all look forward to seeing Kenny on Saturday.

See some of you there also :-)

Jason 

• Tolkienerd, Zahariel, Daniel_Baker and 2 others like this

info@showmastersevents.com
www.showmastersevents.com
www.massiveevents.co.uk

#2 Kronet

Kronet

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:57 AM

It's a pleasure to meet Kenny each and every time. Hats off to him for agreeing to come out as often as he does and meet the fans.

#3 Grant Wheelwright

Grant Wheelwright

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

Totally understandable. He was lovely when I met him in Glasgow and was surprised he'd travelled all the way up there - a class act.

#4 DookuDub

DookuDub

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

I have no problem with the price as I know only real fans will pay it. As Kenny is only there for a limited time will he be doing photoshoots and personalisations?
My next events are: BournemouthFCC I've been to: CMMK 21, CMMK22, CMMK23, LFCC 2014, SFCC 2014, CFCC 2014, CFCC 2015, LFCC 2015
People I've Met-LENA HEADEY, ELLIE KENDRICK, KATE DICKIE, KRISTIAN NAIRN, KERRY INGRAM, SIBEL KEKILLI, GEORGE R R MARTIN, MILTOS YEROLEMOU, ALFIE ALLEN, CARRIE FISHER, BILLY DEE WILLIAMS, KENNY BAKER, DAVE PROWSE, CAROLINE BLAKISTON, JEREMY BULLOCH, MICHAEL MADSEN, LAWRENCE GILLIARD JR, COLIN BAKER, SYLVESTER MCCOY, PAUL MCGANN, BONNIE LANGFORD, ANNEKE WILLS, LOUISE JAMESON, SOPHIE ALDRED, SARAH SUTTON, JOHN LEESON, JOHN LEVENE, NOEL CLARKE, JEMMA REDGRAVE, TERRY MOLLOY, WILLIAM RUSSELL, FRAZER HINES, DAN STARKEY, ARTHUR DARVILL, FREEMA AGYEMAN, EVE MYLES, BURN GORMAN, GARETH DAVID-LLOYD, ANTHONY HEAD, JOHN RHYS DAVIES, BILLY BOYD, GIANCARLO ESPOSITO, KAREN ALLEN, ROBERT LLEWELYN, CHRIS BARRIE, CRAIG CHARLES, UNA STUBBS, STEVEN MOFFAT, RUPERT GRAVES, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH, ANDREW SCOTT, CHAD L COLEMAN, ANTHONY JOSHUA, CARL FROCH, FRANK BRUNO, TOBY SEBASTIAN, EUGENE SIMON, CHRIS LLOYD, MICHAEL J FOX, BILL PAXTON, SIGOURNEY WEAVER, DAVID BRADLEY, CARICE VAN HOUTEN, JONATHON PRYCE, GEMMA WHELAN, CARRIE HENN, IAIN GLEN, JESSICA HENWICK, KEISHA-CASTLE HUGHES.

#5 Darthfletcher

Darthfletcher

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

This news was about come, the man as live longer than most thought Dwarven people would! he will be greatly missed when he joins the cast in the sky. :(  

We at The Dark Alliance will try present him with an Honorary Membership whilst he is there, we would like show we acknowledge everything he as done for the Star Wars universe and the fans.

#6 hobbitfanatic

hobbitfanatic

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

Is Kenny coming to Sheffield? He's still showing as down for it.

Sadly I can't make Manchester on the saturday only the sunday. Was going to specially come on saturday of sheffield for Kenny when normally I can only do sundays.

I've just checked and he doesn't seem to be listed for Autographica at all.

Edited by hobbitfanatic, 26 May 2015 - 11:26 AM.

#7 StuartG2198

StuartG2198

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

Think I will make a special effort to go and see Kenny at London this time, he is a fantastic bloke and been a really pleasure to speak to over the years
Forum Moderator

info@showmastersevents.com
www.showmastersevents.com
www.massiveevents.co.uk

#8 brooketessmacherfan

brooketessmacherfan

Gaffer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:44 PM

Totally understand and no problem with what's been agreed between Kenny and showmasters. As soon as I get in the convention at 11am I will go straight to him and get in the queue for kenny to sign my starwars bluray boxset. If I can't get it signed cause he's very busy, not a problem as wasn't expecting to meet him because of his health

#9 A007

A007

Composer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

Fair play to him for making the effort at his age. That said though dealers will now just pay the £25 and get their stuff signed in 5s instead. Don't want to be cynical but I'm sure Prowse & Bulloch will creep up too...
Co-Founder of the BBBC, Bring Back Burt Campaign

#10 Showmasters Pre Orders

Showmasters Pre Orders

Assistant Editor

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

Dave, Kenny and Jeremy have been bargains at SM events for years. You won't get Dave for £15 at any other event. 

• 18blue78 likes this

Don't forget to 'like' us on facebook https://www.facebook...preorderservice

#11 Litafan83

Litafan83

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Sad to to hear the news about kenny but I do understand and kenny has attended many events. I have 3 questions i would like to ask : 1- is kenny still attending sheffield ?, 2- the price still says £15, is the price staying the same or going up this years events ?, 3- which day is kenny attending for london ? because photoshoots are still available for Saturday and Sunday

#12 Showmasters Pre Orders

Showmasters Pre Orders

Assistant Editor

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

A lot of these questions won't be answered until after Manchester as we will see how he copes at this show. I'm guessing his price will be £25 as i'm sure future shows he will have a very limited signing time. Just bare with us until after this weekends show. 

Don't forget to 'like' us on facebook https://www.facebook...preorderservice

#13 KingRichard76

KingRichard76

Art Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  • Location:Sorry, nobody down here but the F.B.I.'s most unwanted. (a.k.a. Southend on Sea)

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

This announcement is something I've long been expecting and it just goes to show what kind of a terrific guy Kenny is that he still wants to meet his Fans he truly is a wonderful person and its been a real pleasure to have met him several times over the last few years and its no lie when I say that some of my most appreciative Autographs are from Kenny himself.

On the point that he will be signing for Fans only and not dealers is also a very good decision (because many times real Fans miss out at the hands of some dealers who couldn't care less who they're meeting as opposed to Fans who have been admirers/long term Fans of a Great Artists work)

IF any member of Kennys family is seeing this or indeed reading this? Please do pass on my very best wishes to Kenny - all my love, King Richard :) X

• Nick, StuartG2198 and Zahariel like this

The TWO Greatest Fanboy moments for me was meeting Mr. Spielberg on the 8th of January 2012 and Kermit the Frog on the 13th of June 2012- please don't ask me which was my favourite meeting as it would be too difficult to choose. :)

'The X-Files superfan from Southend.' Independent Newspaper 9th June 2012.

Twitter =@KingRichard76

#14 andeedee

andeedee

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

hi do you know if Kenny will be there morning or afternoon?

#15 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,949 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:59 PM

As soon as anything about times is confirmed it will be posted here.

Warning: Fangirl alert
Likely to squee at high frequencies!
-----------------------------
CSI Audio/visual labrat
Officially approved Alexis Cruz stalker
Founder of the Sadistic Quizmaster fan club

#16 LSM

LSM

Stunt Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

Kenny is a great to meet and I think this change to his appearences is totally understandable. I'm grateful that Kenny is still able to come to these events even in a limited capacity.

I really like the idea as well that Kenny is only wanting to meet true fans and not dealers as well. I think this is a nice touch.

I wish Kenny and his family nothing but the best.

#17 Wing Kong Hatchetman

Wing Kong Hatchetman

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

Any word on what times Kenny will be appearing yet?. 

#18 fastandloud

fastandloud

Best Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

I'm so glad to have met Kenny. I thanked him for appearing which he seemed to take to heart as he knew it was from a genuine fan.

Edited by fastandloud, 01 June 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#19 Kurgen1975

Kurgen1975

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

I met Kenny at LFCC last year and it truly brought tears to my eyes, such a lovely guy, whose appearanced in so many films that i loved as a child.

I look forward to meeting him again at London this year

• fastandloud likes this

#20 brooketessmacherfan

brooketessmacherfan

Gaffer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

met Kenny and even though he was in poor health he was on great form and personalised my starwars bluray box set I brought from home for him to sign

image.jpg7_zpslkk3opk2.jpg

got it proudly on display in my living room and will always treasure meeting one of my fav actors from my childhood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users