Jason's thoughts from the weekend and some interesting info as wel

I actually missed attending LFCC this year but unfortunately there wasn't anyone I was interested in seeing until you announced the Merlin guys but by then I was stuck staying at work so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could you get them back again and maybe get Bradley James to join them, Knights need their King after all :king:

Oh and some guests from The Vampire Diaries or The Originals please ;)

Thanks

• Like 2

Great show, great guests and yes it is getting bigger and better, so well done Jason & SM. My only concern with this is the prices of the autos & talks are also getting bigger. Bit of a catch 22 situation.

My one bug bear of this particular show was the clampdown on taking photos of the guests signing their autograph at the table. Previous shows and guests i have had no problem with getting a photo at the time of signing, and that includes the likes of Karen Gillian, Jenna Louise Coleman, Gillian Anderson, Christopher Lloyd ect where their queues were as equally manic / busy. It's nice to have a photo of the guest and the image being signed, adds to the experience (for me anyway)

If it starts getting on a regular basis like a production line at future events, and all it becomes is a queue, slap an image down, sign and move along with nothing else, then i may as well pre-order my photos and not turn up to the event, save a stack of cash in transport and entry fee.

• Like 3

This really puts into perspective all the fantastic work that Jason and his team put in. Some of those numbers are just incredible when you think about them. I had an absolutely brilliant weekend and wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone at Showmasters. Oh and Colin Baker is an absolute legend, met him for the fourth time and he is always brilliant.

• Like 1

Great show and so much calmer with immediate photo shoots. Loved the extra space too. Only quibble is the number of photo clashes so that people had to run from one to the other to try to fit them in. Can't wait for the next one. This summer LFCC is always the best.

• Moderators

1 - the number of crazy people that came up to me and asked me for my photo because I'm on Twitter.

3 - the number of milkshakes I purchased on Saturday because I was thirsty and addicted to chocolate.

81 - the number of people that have liked my photo of Peter Dinklage spanking me.

• Like 3

and I spent more money than ever lol awesome guests, awesome crew, awesome time :dance:

if you ever get Chris Pine or Zachary Quinto I will need to take out a loan lol

Good job everyone, see you all again soon xxx

If they got Chris Pine, I would only meet him and not other guests, if it meant I had the money to afford it! Love that man!

Edited by MrsEllacott
  • Like 1

was a good weekend overall with only a couple of annoyances

one, Friday night was a pain getting in as none of the people you buy tickets from seemed to have any cash so it took ages getting in despite being at the front of the queue

two, it being harder and harder to get photos with people when you get your autograph. I have always understood that it isnt possible with the busier guests like Lena was and some people will request it on a rare occasion but there were people that were happy to do it but told not too... I can only assume it is an attempt to get people to buy photoshoots but sometimes it makes me less likely to meet the guest at all. LFCC wasnt the first time I have noticed it but its starting to get more about the money and less about the fans/experience. THat means it is getting more and more similar to the other companies events...

• Like 2

I have only been to LFCC the last three years and I can see how much it has grown over this period.

The Saturday was crazy! Very busy, Sunday was great for the stalls to spend a wee bit more time looking.

The GoT screening was great, Peter was hilarious!

Roll on winter LFCCand LFCC 14!

Thanks again Jason and all the staff and volunteers for a great weekend!

If it starts getting on a regular basis like a production line at future events, and all it becomes is a queue, slap an image down, sign and move along with nothing else, then i may as well pre-order my photos and not turn up to the event, save a stack of cash in transport and entry fee.

This...with big shiny bells on......the bigger the crowds, the bigger the guests, the more like a production line it gets, the less I'll attend....too many others like that around these days....always preferred LFCC and the SM/ME events due to their more "family like" atmosphere...hope it doesn't change too much and that we still get those magic moments with our favourite actors/stars...

I actually missed attending LFCC this year but unfortunately there wasn't anyone I was interested in seeing until you announced the Merlin guys but by then I was stuck staying at work so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could you get them back again and maybe get Bradley James to join them, Knights need their King after all :king:

Oh and some guests from The Vampire Diaries or The Originals please ;)

Thanks

I second this with a special plea for Santiago cabrera and Rupert young (just so I can see the guy and stop watching the philadelphia advert on a nightly basis!! lol)

1 - the number of crazy people that came up to me and asked me for my photo because I'm on Twitter.

3 - the number of milkshakes I purchased on Saturday because I was thirsty and addicted to chocolate.

81 - the number of people that have liked my photo of Peter Dinklage spanking me.

How have I not seen that photo *goes to hunt of rit on twitter*

• Like 1

Once again i had a blast at LFCC. The only problem i had was that i had so much i wanted to do. i found the crew extremely helpfull when needed - thanx guys. all of the guests that i met were very friendly and seemed to appreciate the crowds that came to see them. one of the highlights for me was the look on danny glovers face when i asked him to sign an A3 sized picture of him from LW4 - Dancing around in just his boxers in the rain. also meg foster what a brilliant guest she had so much time for everyone.

looking forward to LFCCw now

• Like 1

I agree to some extent with the posts about it getting too big, I appreciate that it's a business and we all have to make money but you do run the risk of it losing some of the intimate appeal if it starts to become like a conveyor belt where all you do is pass your item on (not even to the guest sometimes just the person sat with them) and move on. The interaction with the guest is a major part and to be honest for the money that we hand over I think it should be expected that we get some time with them, again not loads as there's a queue but some!!

However it's a catch 22 situation really though because without the big numbers of attendees I suppose it's harder to get the bigger guests.

On another note I second the post about Chris Pine & Zachary Quinto with big fat bells on, plus would love to see the Merlin guys plus Brad/Arthur as well please!!

Have to echo points others have made about it becoming a production line. I could see it happening but really don't want Showmasters events to get like this. Its the main reason I stopped attending another event I won't mention (but we all know which one). Absolutely don't wish to stop coming to Showmasters events but that's my fear as a fan. These events are at the end of the day about the fans

• Like 1