All by myself

Hey all,

I will be attending the Saturday on my todd (again) wanted to know who's going Saturday night party? i didnt go party at last event so bit nervous, anyone else attending alone?

Me too lol. I'm attending alone but have been assured by people here on the forum and on the FB page that there's gonna be loads of people both in groups and alone there so not to worry. If in doubt I can very easily stalk you for the weekend lol.

Sami.

Hey, I have 3 trekkies on my crew lol. Non of whom seem that keen on going due to the expense! So I may be going alone for the full weekend, but I don't mind because I'm going to be with my people :) See you at qwarks

I will be with my PA and best friend from school, but one of the fun things I liked about DST3 was meeting new people.

Will happily do so again, and thoroughly recommend going to one of the parties. Alcohol always make introductions that little bit easier!

I'll be going on my own also as I'm sure many will be.

I'm hoping I'll meet some people and getting chatting to some fellow fans.

Perhaps all of us that are flying solo should band together so that no one is left out?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

same here, flying over on the Friday, would be lovely to get chat to people in a similar situation before the weekend, get to know some others, so wont be too embarrassed to say hi to people. so who is up for becoming new internet friends haha, without a creepy undertone? :)

I went to DST3 on my own. I found, without exception, that people were very willing to 'engage' (sorry) and share, whether they were fellow newbies or old hands. I just got chatting to people as we queued - in line or at the bar - or sat waiting in talks. Having a love of Trek in common made it easier, and I came away with some new friends and a host of great memories - and photos. Connecting before Oct 7 could certainly make that even easier - even if it's just to agree a known location to meet and introduce yourself. But if not, my experience suggests you'll make connections anyway :)

Connecting before Oct 7 could certainly make that even easier - even if it's just to agree a known location to meet and introduce yourself.

This is what I've been meaning to ask on here. I'm going on the Sunday, 9th October. It'll be my first ever convention of any kind (a 50th birthday treat to myself), and I'll be going on my own. So, I was wondering, is there anyone on here from the Portsmouth area who'd like to attend with me?! Either a newbie like myself or an old pro, preferably a single lady though. If you're interested then please get in touch :smile:.

I will be going by myself as none of my friends are Trekkies. It's no big deal for me as I have attended a few conventions on my own before. Not sure if I would have the confidence to go to the party by myself afterwards though!

never been to anything on my own before, would find it strange even the idea of going to the cinema by myself, but jumping into this convention fully and plan to head to the parties by myself if needs be. if i cant arrange to meet up with anyone before hand, i'm thinking people with a few drinks on them will be even more friendly.

I will be going by myself as none of my friends are Trekkies. It's no big deal for me as I have attended a few conventions on my own before. Not sure if I would have the confidence to go to the party by myself afterwards though!

By the looks of it there's quite a few of us by ourselves so as someone said we'll hopefully meet up and attend the party as a group. I hate attending parties alone so even though I have my tickets I'll only go if we do arrange a meet up 😀

I'm going on my own also but I'm sure we will be OK. We Trekkies are good people. We should all make a pact that if anyone sees someone on their own at the parties that we introduce ourselves and pair up then take it from there so no one is alone and feeling awkward. Should be easy after a few drinks lol.

By the looks of it there's quite a few of us by ourselves so as someone said we'll hopefully meet up and attend the party as a group. I hate attending parties alone so even though I have my tickets I'll only go if we do arrange a meet up

im game for that, lets arrange something shall we all? a place? a time? maybe a facebook group chat so people can chat to each other, get to know each other a little?