Question about tickets!

MrsEllacott

I am definitely interested in coming and hoping I can save enough to buy a silver entry. But also want to buy a ticket for my daughter, which I plan to buy on the child's standard.

My questions are:

1. Will it matter she has a standard ticket if I get Silver?

2. Does she need tickets for photoshoots?

3.What time do these events roughly start? I want to avoid her needing to take any day off school just for travel. Preferably I will travel up immediately after school and then back Sunday night.

This will be the first time I have done a convention like this so just want to get information right before I book!

Edited by MrsEllacott

• Moderators

1. Be aware that the child ticket does not include any autographs, so if she wants any autographs with this ticket you will have to pay for them separately. Also that this ticket is only valid for ages 7-10. (Younger are free, older need an adult ticket.) Other than that, the child ticket is sort of 'attached' to your ticket so she would do things along with you. If you choose instead to buy her a regular standard ticket, the only difference would be in the talks where you could sit with her in the standard section but she could not sit with you in the silver section.

2. Yes, all photoshoots must be bought separately with a standard or child ticket. The only exception to this is babies/toddlers who may be held in a parent's arms for a photo (assuming the parent has a ticket for the photoshoot, of course!).

3. Opening ceremony is at 7pm on the Friday, with registration open from 2pm until around 8-8.30pm. You can still get into the Friday party if you arrive later than this just by bringing your registration letter. Events usually finish between 5 and 6.30 on Sunday evening.

Edited by etmuse

1. Be aware that the child ticket does not include any autographs, so if she wants any autographs with this ticket you will have to pay for them separately. Also that this ticket is only valid for ages 7-10. (Younger are free, older need an adult ticket.) Other than that, the child ticket is sort of 'attached' to your ticket so she would do things along with you. If you choose instead to buy her a regular standard ticket, the only difference would be in the talks where you could sit with her in the standard section but she could not sit with you in the silver section.

2. Yes, all photoshoots must be bought separately with a standard or child ticket. The only exception to this is babies/toddlers who may be held in a parent's arms for a photo (assuming the parent has a ticket for the photoshoot, of course!).

3. Opening ceremony is at 7pm on the Friday, with registration open from 2pm until around 8-8.30pm. You can still get into the Friday party if you arrive later than this just by bringing your registration letter. Events usually finish between 5 and 6.30 on Sunday evening.

Thank you! She will be 9 by the time of the event, so was going to get the child one, cos one autograph between us. I don't mind extra for photo shoots though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I will be bringing my niece to the event if certain guests are announced and I'm a little upset that the child tickets don't include autographs as all other organsiers do.

I think maybe its because a child ticket only cost £29 - im guessing autographs would cost more than that so that is why they are not included.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be bringing my niece to the event if certain guests are announced and I'm a little upset that the child tickets don't include autographs as all other organsiers do.

I think maybe its because a child ticket only cost £29 - im guessing autographs would cost more than that so that is why they are not included.

I am not sure if I am coming now as I spotted another convention that I have been wanting to go to for years. But I like the child's price on this as I don't need more than 1 autograph per person!

That is correct the child's price still gives access to the opening ceremony talks, parties etc. If they wanted autographs they could pay for them separately at Reg desk (sometimes, they only want one particular actor, so that works out quite well then). However, if your child wants all autos and photos, then it is often better value to purchase the adult ticket