Next Round Of Guest Announcements / Photo Shoot Sales Date

Riker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wonder when the next guest announcements are coming......?

You know the answer. ;) Whenever contracts are confirmed.

For Destination there's almost always a pre-announcement, but I can't recall getting one more than a week before.

You are bang on Queenie. But as you know, that pre-announcement was that more guests being announced means that ink is dry on the contracts. I guess peeps be wanting things to change and the crystal ball (or crystal skull from Indy) predicts who will sign. We can call Jason "Mystic Jason"

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting for the next announcement . . . Next guest(s) TOS bridge-shoot, details for a talk or two, current guest photos combos... ANYTHING would be good. 07/10/16 May be six months away but people need time to budget / plan . . .

• Like 2

Waiting for the next announcement . . . Next guest(s) TOS bridge-shoot, details for a talk or two, current guest photos combos... ANYTHING would be good. 07/10/16 May be six months away but people need time to budget / plan . . .

Well yes, but to be honest with you that's kind of a 'how long is a piece of string' question. SM might announce the most expensive guest right at the end because they suddenly become available and you won't necessarily be able to budget for that. Information has been provided in many of these threads about what prices where like for shoots and autos ect at previous events so it's best to just use those rough figures and think that if all the guests you wanted were announced they would probably cost X and work out how much you might need from there. SM cannot announce guests until contracts are signed so other than announcing when they can you won't get a list of who they are planning to have and how much they hope they will be and what shoots they are wiling to do.

If people need to budget I'd always say save as much as you can on the assumption of every one you want being announced and buying expensive group photo's and talks, and then you'll either be sorted or have a nice bit left over if you don't need it all.

Edited by Raylenth

As I recall, almost all guests and timetables were announced in one go very early on for DST3 in 2014. Thought it was excellent from both a costs and scheduling point of view allowing for good planning.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Are you any closer to announcing anymore guests. I noticed there are two big guests (35+) still to be announced.

The answer I have posted in #10 still stands I am afraid. SM will never comment on pending negotiations, sorry.

That's fair enough.

Is it possible for management to even hint at the likely total number of guests they are aiming for? Would it be a similar number to previous years (around 30ish) depending on availability/negotiations as you've already said?

Sorry, unless SM comes on and decides to post something this is something the mods can't answer. We're not involved with guest bookings at all.

I would expect a similar number as the last years. But this is a personal guess and not confirmed by the office.

Sorry, unless SM comes on and decides to post something this is something the mods can't answer. We're not involved with guest bookings at all.

I would expect a similar number as the last years. But this is a personal guess and not confirmed by the office.

Fair enough again. Like you my personal feeling is to expect a similar ish number and will base my planning around it. It's just that juggling act of deciding when to buy photos if better combo offers become available later, which if high demand go early, or budgetary constraints if you do buy early then a guest is announced later on that you REALLY wanted but now can't afford due to the other purchases etc etc.

My gut tells me to wait until we're around 22-23 guests before I start buying specific elements en masse, then it's down to lap of the gods with guest illness or commitments which none of us can do anything about... Any more than that and last minute additions are the reason why God invented plastic! ;)