Guest Cancellation - James Marsters

• Showmasters Admin

Due to his filming schedule, James Marsters can no longer attend Cardiff in March.

We can confirm that James will be attending the next Cardiff show on November 7th & 8th, plus London Film and Comic Con Winter on 14th & 15th November
James Marsters will still be attending Newcastle as scheduled.
Refunds for photo shoots will be processed ASAP
  • Like 1

Nooooooooo :crying:

Me and my girlfriend were so looking forward to meeting him!

He better not cancel in November now!

I only just pre-book the tickets as well haha!

Weird how I had some odd feeling he'd be cancelling.. Very unfortunate!

Edited by RECRICHARD_

That's terrible! :-(

He was the main reason I was coming all the way from Brighton. I *hate* that entry tickets are non-refundable in these circumstances. Surely we should be able to specify when we buy them that we'd like a refund if Such-And-Such cancels? Otherwise it's a waste of money for us. :-(

He was the main reason I was coming all the way from Brighton. I *hate* that entry tickets are non-refundable in these circumstances. Surely we should be able to specify when we buy them that we'd like a refund if Such-And-Such cancels? Otherwise it's a waste of money for us. :-(

Sorry, but you've bought event specific entry tickets for the Cardiff Film and Comic Con and not a guest specific ticket for "an audience with James Marsters." All guest specific tickets for talks etc. are of course refunded.

If entry tickets to a general event like this would be refundable this would open a whole can of worms with people using every possible excuse to get a refund. The event would lose a huge pillar of the financial foundation.

Sorry, but you've bought event specific entry tickets for the Cardiff Film and Comic Con and not a guest specific ticket for "an audience with James Marsters." All guest specific tickets for talks etc. are of course refunded.

If entry tickets to a general event like this would be refundable this would open a whole can of worms with people using every possible excuse to get a refund. The event would lose a huge pillar of the financial foundation.

I'm not asking for a refund this time; I apologise for any unclarity in my wording.

I fully accept the t&cs that applied when I bought the ticket and understand that there are no refunds.

What I'm saying is that maybe there SHOULD be refunds. You say people would be using "every possible excuse" but how about a simple mechanic where, when you buy your entry ticket, you specify which guests you want to meet and then if ALL of them cancel, you get a refund?

• Moderators

It's an event as a whole - people buy tickets aware that guests can cancel but there's plenty more to see and do at the event itself.

All signing events like this work the same. It's not just Showmasters.

It's an event as a whole - people buy tickets aware that guests can cancel but there's plenty more to see and do at the event itself.

All signing events like this work the same. It's not just Showmasters.

I know that. I've been to at least a dozen Showmasters events over the years and hope to come to a dozen more. :-)

I also know that "all signing events like this work the same". But what I'm saying is maybe they shouldn't; because what I'm getting now is the impression that I shouldn't bother buying entry tickets in advance ever again - just in case there are cancellations.

• Like 1

Completely gutted :( I was only going to see James - I'd literally only on Sunday night booked a non refundable hotel and train tickets (£200) and now it's all wasted!

Non refundable hotels do sometimes let you change dates, perhaps see if they will change it for November?

same here non refundable hotel and only coming to see James, glad he's working and will see him soon at something else but a lot of money to lose. at least will get the talk and photo ticket money back I guess only just got the tix in the post a few days ago too. Always a prob when you book for one guest.Oh well await a refund soon.

Edited by buffy2k