Guest Cancellation - Alex Meraz

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are sorry to say that Alex Meraz will not be able to join us at Eternal Twilight 7! :-(

He actually was at the airport last night about to get on his flight to come over when he received a phone call informing him that he was needed for filming the next day, (today), for a pilot that he had tested for earlier in the week.

Obviously we are all disappointed that Alex won't be able to make the show but we are pleased his acting career is still strong and that he is still getting new parts that we will be able to enjoy on screen in the future. :lol:

Unfortunately with this news coming so late there is absolutely no time for us to be able to get a replacement guest in! We do want to do something for you all though that we hope will at least make up for things a bit and so we will be holding a group photo shoot on Saturday which will have Myanna, Bronson, BooBoo and Noel in it with you! :wub: This will be FREE to gold and silver ticket holders and Standard ticket holders will be able to purchase it if they would like to for the much reduced rate of £20.

We know this doesn't replace Alex but we hope it will be a nice extra memento of the weekend for you! :P

We still have 4 fantastic other guests who are all really looking forward to having a lot of fun with you all. We also have something quite special, and different, for the Friday and Saturday night parties! We think you will all like! :smile:

Take care,

Mark :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

So sad to hear about Alex. Just wondered how the drinks recep will work with so few guests? I have only done 1 which was the last ET and it was quite busy at the tables with all those guests so what will happen with just 4? Will it be just 4 tables? Will it be very short?

thanks and sorry for all the questions

Hi,

So sad to hear about Alex. Just wondered how the drinks recep will work with so few guests? I have only done 1 which was the last ET and it was quite busy at the tables with all those guests so what will happen with just 4? Will it be just 4 tables? Will it be very short?

It will be the same length as usual. Basically one guest less means you get more time with the others because there's less guests that have to rotate between all tables. ;)

Also the amount of tables is probably going to stay the same. If you reduce it you get more attendees per table, then they can't hear the guest etc. I'm not even sure the hotel has that large tables to go down to 4. :P

Hi,

It will be the same length as usual. Basically one guest less means you get more time with the others because there's less guests that have to rotate between all tables. ;)

Also the amount of tables is probably going to stay the same. If you reduce it you get more attendees per table, then they can't hear the guest etc. I'm not even sure the hotel has that large tables to go down to 4. :P

Thanks for the reply was just thinking out loud LOL

Jamie Campbell Bower's probably in the country, and Charlie might be too... Give 'em a phonecall, they might pop to Birmingham for us!

Charlie's filming

X

Whys my post been deleted?

I wasn't even rude!

mine were deleated too and i wasn't rued or disrespectful to the guests. So it was a fault coming back to the forum again sinsce ages - so i say good bye again

FUMING!!!! I have come to every ET so far and okay I have had a good time at them but tbh et6 was meant to be my last one! When they said they where becoming official and pretty much guaranteed big guests I thought I will give them another shot and paid another £225... How stupid am I??? I have lost all trust in ME and I didn't want to but the guests calibre is getting worse and worse. In really upset that there hasn't even been alot of communication between ME and us to let us know what they are trying to do. I don't think a group photo is the answer to there problems. I do wish Alex all the best with his filming... Just voicing my opinion!!

charlie is not filming this week...i say...give him a call!

FUMING!!!! I have come to every ET so far and okay I have had a good time at them but tbh et6 was meant to be my last one! When they said they where becoming official and pretty much guaranteed big guests I thought I will give them another shot and paid another £225... How stupid am I??? I have lost all trust in ME and I didn't want to but the guests calibre is getting worse and worse. In really upset that there hasn't even been alot of communication between ME and us to let us know what they are trying to do. I don't think a group photo is the answer to there problems. I do wish Alex all the best with his filming... Just voicing my opinion!!

thank you! so true! and for me this means "goodbye ET!".

charlie is not filming this week...i say...give him a call!

thank you! so true! and for me this means "goodbye ET!".

yeah true i ask me the same how stupid can i be LOL

and that is true i don't mind that they don't get the official status but the lack of info is worse i think. they don't tell us that the official thing didn't worked out - that my anna can only attend one day.

People need to stop being so disrespectful. Yes it is a disappointment (I am also very disappointed) but this is neither Alexs' fault or ME's. They can only do an event with what money/guests they can. Replacing someone at very short notice is difficult and I am sure they have worked tirelessly to try and secure another guest for us.

The other thing you have to realise is looking at the groups and attendance numbers, this is a very small event compared to past events - there looks to be only around 85 gold, 170ish silver and around 80 standard. This event isn't even half sold - yes, I know people have been sceptical about buying tickets or won't buy a ticket for whatever reason but they also can't secure a big guest without the financial budget. Swings and roundabouts.

I personally have done every event since proms and have always been Gold or Silver - I won't be parting with my cash so easily in future due to the expense I incur doing these conventions, but I certainly don't lay blame anywhere - the actors are always 'subject to work commitments' and we know work comes first - and some actors won't do conventions full stop.

I have met a lot of the twi cast thanks to massive events and they have done us proud. If a guest gets my interest at future events, I will buy a ticket, if not, I won't - I guess it's hard not to get repeats when you have met as many as I have :(

Oh and as for the 'going official' comments - we kinda guessed when the sale of Summit went through that official conventions for Twilight would be a thing of the past - this also isn't ME's fault and I am sure a lot of man hours went into trying to sort it.

Edited by Lisa090982

I think people need to remember that this is a business with customers. Customers should be allowed to have a bit of a moan on. Yes we know about contacts that guests can pull out if they are working but we should still be allowed to have a moan.

I'm cutting my losses and i'm not going to this ET, i'd rather waste the 200 for gold than folk out the train and hotel costs to, I just can't afford that right now. Alex deffo sealed the deal for me.

In future i'm going to book my tickets a month away from the con judging on the guest line up at that point, learned the hard way that you could have an amazing line up 6 months before a convention and the end result is disappointing.

We all know what an amazing job ME/SM do at bringing us incredible guests (Holly Marie Combs anyone?) but we should all be allowed to have a moan.

Oh and as for the 'going official' comments - we kinda guessed when the sale of Summit went through that official conventions for Twilight would be a thing of the past - this also isn't ME's fault and I am sure a lot of man hours went into trying to sort it.

But we were told at the event that the contracts were being signed the next day. The sale of Summit was not til some time after this!