Photo Shoot Vs Autograph!

adam.anouer

Photo Shoot's or Autographs which do you prefer?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. If given the choice which would you choose?

• Autograph
    • Photograph

although I dont look really good in photos, last year I looked terrible due to a neck injury, I do prefer photos over autographs however I do like autographs too if it just means having a moment or two to ask some questions to the star about there career

I was never a fan of getting photos leaning over the table, but time and cost means whilst I have upped my official photoshoot quota a lot over recent years I will still get quite a few photos with guests at their tables.

The official photoshoots have worked well for me recently with guests who I met years ago like Carrie Fisher or Billy Dee Williams, I already have got autographs from them but just wanted to get a good quality professional photo.

I met about 20 guests in total at the LFCC and got autos and photos (some official, some at desk) off all of them aside from Jason Mewes who I just got an official photoshoot with and that was really a last minute one as with Sherilyn Fenn cancelling he was on my reserve list.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal preference is a photograph. Sure, it's worthless to anyone else and can't really be sold (unlike a non-personalised autograph), but it just seems more genuine. Autographs can be faked and aren't real proof that you've met the person.

The only thing I don't like about the photographs is that they're so quick. You don't have the chance to speak to the celebrity, which strikes me as odd since the photo generally costs as much, if not more than the autograph.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Autograph for me, no question. I don't even consider photoshoots. (I hate having my photo taken unless I'm cosplaying at an event party (cos then it's not me) and it's the end of the night (cos, beer) but I'm really unphotogenic anyway, so no.)

I like autographs as you get to talk to the guest and have a photo over the table. However, getting a photo over the table is becoming less and less likely and you don't find out if you can until you get to the event. Therefore, I book photoshoots now for peace of mind :)

• 3 weeks later...

Autographs; although I'm crap at the small talk at the signing tables, I'm working on filling a GoT poster so that's where my preference currently lies. I'll occasionally endulge myself in a photo if I'm really a fan of the guest though.

I'm intrigued by the answer given by some that a photo 'proves I met the person'. On a personal level, I don't collect autographs or have photos taken to show to other people as proof of meeting someone, I do it as a hobby (I'm eventually going to frame the poster for my man-cave!), and I know everyone of those signatures was obtained personally for me. I don't feel like I need a photo of me next to the person as proof; I don't need to prove to anyone or obtain their approval that I met someone....

• Like 1