Cosplay

AxelV

Ok. I'm actually considering cosplaying at next years LFCC and I'm now on the lookout for a company/person who can make quality costumes. I'd have a go myself but I just don't have the skills (or patience). I want to go as Nebula from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Does anyone know of anywhere that makes costumes on request?

I'm literally just talking about what she wears, I can do the makeup and make her smaller details no problem.

Thankies,

A

Edited by AxelV

Not sure about requests but my go-to place is always Etsy. I got an entire cosplay outfit pieced together from various different people there and since everything is custom-made to order, it's sort of done by request, in a way. It may be worth seeing if anybody makes Nebula outfits and then ask them if they can create the costume that you have in mind.

Not sure about requests but my go-to place is always Etsy. I got an entire cosplay outfit pieced together from various different people there and since everything is custom-made to order, it's sort of done by request, in a way. It may be worth seeing if anybody makes Nebula outfits and then ask them if they can create the costume that you have in mind.

Yeah that's always an option but I'd rather have the whole thing made to fit perfectly and to look as similar to the original as possible, I'm a bit particular like that. I do love Etsy though - you can find anything on there :)

I found a girl who made/cosplayed a Nebula outfit in Norway - the costume was incredible - just waiting for a response :)

Ah, gotcha! That's fair enough! The problem with custom orders though is always the price, you'd easily end up spending around £200 (at least!) on a cosplay outfit but I do agree that it's always worth it in the long run if the end result is just what you hoped for. Good luck! :)

Ah, gotcha! That's fair enough! The problem with custom orders though is always the price, you'd easily end up spending around £200 (at least!) on a cosplay outfit but I do agree that it's always worth it in the long run if the end result is just what you hoped for. Good luck! :)

Oh yeah I get that. Thing is, I'm a makeup artist so I'll be putting so much effort into the face etc I'd want the outfit to match that. I never spend too much at the actual conventions so I would be happy to pay out - I could always wear it again too, so it wouldn't be wasted money. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people,

it is my first comic con this year and i was thinking about entering a costume for the masquerade, I've read through the rules but I'm still a bit hazy on what I'm allowed to do so i was wondering if anyone could help,

my costume is my OWN created character in the dc universe, he is not in any comics and he is not a cannon character he is someone i made up completely, is that allowed?? hope someone can help me