Happy Anniversary Back To The Future III

Thought I would do a thread to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Back to the Future III which had its theatrical debut on May 25th 1990! It was the only one that I was old enough to see in the cinema, I remember being so excited as a kid going to see it and still get as excited watching them now as an adult ;) What's everyone's first BTTF memory?

• Like 4

My actual favourite memory for BTTF, is actually not from the movies. I remember being q0 and going to Orlando and going on the BTTF ride at Universal Studios. It was my favourite ride at the park as I actually felt like I was a part of the films.

I had seen the films and enjoyed them before this but I think the ride played a major part of cementing me as a fan for life. I was soon happy when they included all the footage from not only the ride, but also the queue on the Bluray release!

• Like 2

I wish I had got a chance to go on the ride but never been to Orlando unfortunately, that must have been cool.

It was great. It's gone now and been replaced by The Simpsons ride which is basically the same thing with a different movie. You just sat in the DeLorean which moved around as a simulated with the movie on the screen. My Dad lost the keys out of his pocket on it, it was that rough!

• Like 1

Yes, i was sad when they kill this fabulous ride ! :-(

But the simpsons ride is great too, universal did a great work in theme parks !

Too bad for bttf, but there are the dolorean and the train to het a picture in the park :-)

I wish I had got a chance to go on the ride but never been to Orlando unfortunately, that must have been cool.

It was great. It's gone now and been replaced by The Simpsons ride which is basically the same thing with a different movie. You just sat in the DeLorean which moved around as a simulated with the movie on the screen. My Dad lost the keys out of his pocket on it, it was that rough!

I would have loved that!!

I would have loved that!!

As I say, the video from the queue and the ride is on the Bluray release (I don't think it's on the DVD) so you should check that out if you get the chance. It won't be quite the same without the moving DeLorean, but you could try tilting your head or something!

Yeah, I remember being very disappointed. They really didn't change anything about the building at all. They just kinda painted over it with Simpsons stuff and changed the DeLorean. I remember feeling quite motion sick by the end of it lol.

I personally think BTTF III was probably the weakest one. It was okay, but I remember being a little disappointed afterwards. To be fair, it had a lot to live up to.

Yes, i was sad when they kill this fabulous ride ! :-(

But the simpsons ride is great too, universal did a great work in theme parks !

I went to the Hollywood park in 2012 and again last month, and was surprised how much had changed in that time. The Simpsons ride is my favourite there, must have been on it 6 times in total. Had a Krustyburger one time as well.

They've got a number of original storyboards on display for the first film this year, as well as bringing the car indoors instead of being on the studio tour.

Yeah, I remember being very disappointed. They really didn't change anything about the building at all. They just kinda painted over it with Simpsons stuff and changed the DeLorean. I remember feeling quite motion sick by the end of it lol.

I don't know about Orlando, but they've only just finished the Springfield part of the Hollywood park, some 3 years after the ride opened.

For the huge fans, can someone explain this "mistake" in BTTF III,

Marty arrives in 1885, and broke the Delorean, the fuel is on the floor.

Doc says this is a big probleme, because there are not fuel in Far west, and they can't ride to 88' miles to travel in time.

Or, why they can take some fuel in the delorean who is hidden in the mine ? (The one that Doc hide, so Marty can find it in 1955, with the Doc of 1955).

They just need a little fuel, just to ride to 88'

Just for teasing fans ;-)

I Love BTTF !

Doc says this is a big probleme, because there are not fuel in Far west, and they can't ride to 88' miles to travel in time.

Or, why they can take some fuel in the delorean who is hidden in the mine ? (The one that Doc hide, so Marty can find it in 1955, with the Doc of 1955).

I Love BTTF !

The answer is: Because if they'd have done that then the movie would have been a lot shorter and not as nearly as exciting!
  • Like 1

I Love BTTF !

The answer is: Because if they'd have done that then the movie would have been a lot shorter and not as nearly as exciting!

In fact, in the french version, there is a sort of answer :

Just before Marty get back in 1885, Doc (of 1955) tells :

- J'ai rempli ton réservoir d'essence (in english, I don't have in my mind the quote) "I put fuel in the Delorean"

So maybe, the Delorean of the mine was empty...

There are many "mistakes" during all three of the movies but in the end of the day they are movies and great fun to watch. As Wrong Name said it would have been a short movie otherwise (which did make me laugh) haha!

• Like 2

Here is one could someone tell me, If the Doc died in 1885 how was he still around in 1955, if Biff died in future when he came back from his trip in 1955 why didn't the Doc ? :smile:

Because the Doc was born again - and I don't mean in the religious sense. He's supposedly born between 1914 and 1920, his travelling back in time wouldn't change that unless he killed off a couple on ancestors.

The deleted scenes show Biff fading away once he dies as he had changed his own timeline, the Doc hadn't. Everything the Doc changed affected the time he was in and not his original timeline.

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 3

Here is one could someone tell me, If the Doc died in 1885 how was he still around in 1955, if Biff died in future when he came back from his trip in 1955 why didn't the Doc ? :smile:

Because the Doc was born again - and I don't mean in the religious sense. He's supposedly born between 1914 and 1920, his travelling back in time wouldn't change that unless he killed off a couple on ancestors.

The deleted scenes show Biff fading away once he dies as he had changed his own timeline, the Doc hadn't. Everything the Doc changed affected the time he was in and not his original timeline.

Couldn't put it better myself ;)

• Like 1

But the Doc of 1885, sould remember that is saw his tombstone in 1955.

Or, he could remember that the lightning will hit his Delorean.

But it's "mistakes" that we agree because its a great movie ! :-)

Technically, every decision that Doc and Marty make throughout the trilogy will create a different timeline meaning that the Doc that sends Marty back to 1885 is a different Doc from the one who is IN 1885, as 1955 Doc would probably make changes to avoid it ("I figured, what the hell!"). Where the films have problems is with the inconsistencies of most of the time when the timeline changes, people disappear, yet in this case (and a few others) it seems like multiple timelines can exist together and even interact at times. But it's just a guess on how time travel would work. In all likely hood just travelling in time could cause a paradox at destroy the universe! 😉
  • Like 2

But the Doc of 1885, sould remember that is saw his tombstone in 1955.

Or, he could remember that the lightning will hit his Delorean.

But it's "mistakes" that we agree because its a great movie ! :-)

Technically, every decision that Doc and Marty make throughout the trilogy will create a different timeline meaning that the Doc that sends Marty back to 1885 is a different Doc from the one who is IN 1885, as 1955 Doc would probably make changes to avoid it ("I figured, what the hell!"). Where the films have problems is with the inconsistencies of most of the time when the timeline changes, people disappear, yet in this case (and a few others) it seems like multiple timelines can exist together and even interact at times. But it's just a guess on how time travel would work. In all likely hood just travelling in time could cause a paradox at destroy the universe!

Oooh, My head hurts. :uhoh:

• Like 2

Many people won't believe me when I tell them that the twin pine mall/lone pine mall part of the film is not a mistake like some shows say it is and was intended

I have never seen anywhere to say it's a mistake. Marty knocked down one of the pines when he went back meaning it's now lone pine mall.