Thank you to all that came to LFCC

showmasters

I noticed that there was a lot more space to move about this year. I just want to say thank you for that. I feel very uncomfortable in crowds, so that extra space really made me feel more at home. Thanks for all the work you put into it!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Jason if he reads it,

Did you have feedback from guest? I was just wondering if they enjoyed it as much as we all seemed to. Especially interested in Christopher Lloyd seeing as it was his first con and i was aware you spent a bit of your time making sure he was adapting to it ok.

Mewes also as im a huge fan and was really pleased he was able to get over for us.

Anyone generally, we dont really get a chance to hear back what the guests thought of us!

Just don't make it too different and full of other stuff like a certain other London show has :D It totally takes away the meaning of it!

My thoughts exactly, esp as jason mentioned Anime, Manga and gaming. LFCC 2008 was great and well run. One question: what'll happen to the footage recorded at the talks (I'm not sure if it was all of them)?

Edited by nicky

Thanks so much SM!

It was the best show you've ever put on!

I can't wait for next year!

Try and get Jason Isaacs! He signs for HOURS (you know what I mean!) at premieres and award shows! Even when the film has nothing to do with him :(

• Showmasters Admin

Yes a huge well done for the slight change in giving out VT tickets it really worked well. :angel:

It's an idea I had a while ago and was always on the "We must try that" list. And after what happened last year I felt it was time for a change. I'm glad it worked from an attendee point of view, as we felt it helped us.

Just have to agree with everyone else really - i have been going to these events for years and this was my favourite so far... the guests, the general atmosphere and the organisation was all great

it would be interesting to have any feedback from guests (i know there was something from pete postlethwaite earlier) if its possible.

thanks to jason and showmasters - you keep on providing me and my friends with wonderful memories.

This event was great, earls court two is far better than number 1 more space. And if the show does grow then theres always other side for talk areas. :unsure: I ve been wanting to meet Claudia Black for some time and finally I have and was not disapointed. :wub:

Would of warning, as mentioned early please please please do not go done the anime, manga road, like another event has done, as it will repel us fans and will (from reading posts for said event) make the guests unhappy, when manga, anime push their way in. Yes it is very popular but, Keep with the format that works, roll on the next event. :WINCE::dance: ........

Curious though how many people did go to the event?????????

Great show this time round, I didn't experience many of the problems that others did last year but even I could see the improvements this time round.

Have to agree with a lot of others here though, anime/manga etc has its place but lets not have too much of it at LFACC!

Yes a huge well done for the slight change in giving out VT tickets it really worked well. :unsure:

It's an idea I had a while ago and was always on the "We must try that" list. And after what happened last year I felt it was time for a change. I'm glad it worked from an attendee point of view, as we felt it helped us.

What was the new system used ?

Yes a huge well done for the slight change in giving out VT tickets it really worked well. :D

yeah i was gonna ask the same thing lol

hmmm,seems nobody in the SM camp likes manga.

well,i'm not a fan of manga at all,but if you see the crowds,then you will understand that it is incredibly huge.

probably more so than... some guests.

and comic book guests,you're not too keen on them? that's a shame,for some of you...

the LFCC was a good day out for me,on the whole.

a little more to 'do' would be good,but i don't want to pay to get in,pay for guests,pay for talks,pay for photo ops,etc...

drop the entrance fee and you're sorted.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Yea but the other show is always filled with these screaming "huggers", and apart from entrance fee, they don't actually spend much of their money on anything else... therefore that show can't spend as much money on guests and stalls, so there are less stalls that are the same as ever, and not enough guests to justify the journey for most of us.

So all in all, you have a teenagers show that is only for anime/ gaming fans, and one whole major part of the market avoiding the show.

Oh god and most of them are so rude- I've never been barged past by a load of kids so much in my life... yes I know you are the width of a bus as are all your friends in some indescript costume I don't recognise, but that doesn't mean you have right of way like said bus- and it certainly doesn't mean you can barge past someone to the point of knocking them over/ out depending on what body part you whack. I'm telling you now if they transfer over to LFCC I'm not going! I agree slight elements of it may be good for others who like it. Just please please as I've said NOT to the detriment of the guests or dealers, and don't make it OTT.

And while I'm at it- WHAT on earth does XDD">< etc mean?!? Thats supposed to be a smilie?! And you're English- giving yourself a Japanese name that we can't pronounce and neither can you isn't endearing or clever

:P

[/rant]

!!

Edited by Lizzy

I just LOVED to see Too Tall standing right in the middle of the aisle in the early morning just when the doors opened, with a kind of big stick in hands, shouting: 'No running please!'

And suddenly everyone was walking passing him :WINCE:

I had a good laugh! That was a funny way to start the day!

It was a lightsaber :D Seemed to work though :P

Got to agree that was one of my highlights lol thought it was so funny

I thought the event was extremely well managed and i do agree that the new VT system was great and much more accessible rather than a big scrum. Thank you showmasters and hope to see you next year :P

• Showmasters Admin

anime/manga has its place and as to the other events we do every thing our way not the same way others do so lets just see

we think a little of every subject will help grow LFCC for every one

all your points are taken on board

thanks

jason :(

Yea but the other show is always filled with these screaming "huggers",

And not the face hugging veriety from the aliens franchise either, or they'd be more tolerable, even when implanting your chest with a baby xenomorph :D;)

and apart from entrance fee, they don't actually spend much of their money on anything else...

Except on pocki (which is some addictive stuff I tell you, laced with drugs for certain!) or rediculous hats with cats ears and eyes on..

I would also like to say a big thank-you to SM.

I only went on the Saturday, but everything went smoothly.

There were some outstanding guests, I met everyone I wanted to see and had a really enjoyable day.

I'm looking forward very much to the next LFCC! :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

Yes a huge well done for the slight change in giving out VT tickets it really worked well. :pyth:

yeah i was gonna ask the same thing lol

Pretty much what QS said above. 3 things were done to help.

1: Have the ticketer halfway down the "actual" queue so that the attendee went into a queue. It stopped the scum of people trying to push in the sides.

2: We have a crew member at the end of the queue with a sign saying "xxxxxxxx Virtual Queue Tickets Here!".

3: As many crew as possible were in the main signing area (at the front of the queues) to answer questions and point people in the right direction.

All 3 came together to make the morning rush a lot more managable for both crew and attendees.