so come on...come clean whos done this

dijon1322

so your getting excited about going to see your favorite guest and youve ran it over in your mind a million times what your gonna say to the star....

and then what happen you get to the front of the queue you go all shaky and then your mouth refuses to work and walk away kicking your own ass...asking why didnt i say that?

alway happens to me this ... did it with chris lloyd had loads of good things to say then went to pieces me mater thought i were having a stroke or summat OMG grrrrr

Happens to me all the time. It's weird... because i'm a crew member I get to sit with a lot of guests and I have no problem holding an intellegent conversation and getting on with my job - even if i'm a fan. ... as soon as I'm the other side of the table (depending on who it is) I have had the odd *omg my mind has gone blank* moment!! :D

Edited by Gerrysgirl

Happens to me all the time. It's weird... because i'm a crew member I get to sit with a lot of guests and I have no problem holding an intellegent conversation - even if i'm a fan. ... as soon as I'm the other side of the table (depending on who it is) I have had the odd *omg my mind has gone blank* moment!! :D

yep thats me too and the thing is i get well annoyed with myself

Happens to me all the time. It's weird... because i'm a crew member I get to sit with a lot of guests and I have no problem holding an intellegent conversation and getting on with my job - even if i'm a fan. ... as soon as I'm the other side of the table (depending on who it is) I have had the odd *omg my mind has gone blank* moment!! :D

lol, me too. Sometimes I'm okay, and sometimes... I don't panic, exactly, but I completely forget that I was going to say something. I'll be all "Hey, nice to meet you! *shakes hand* Bye!" then as I'm walking away, I'm suddenly thinking "Hang on, didn't I want to talk to him/her?"

Happened to me with most of the guests aswell.

Also when having photoshoots done, my lips kept shaking...

thats so funny and thing is by the time the next show comes round youll forget about it and then when your in the line again it will raise its ugly head ha ha ha

I'm normally a wreck, who can't think of anything to say, BUT when I was meeting the one person I thought I was going to faint in front of, I was fine! That'll be Alexander Siddig. :wub: Told him how much I loved Syriana, told him he was the best thing in 24 last season, and he saved it, and asked him about his new film with Patricia Clarkson. I've never spoken to a guest so much, haha. I think I instinctively compose myself in front of hotties - my mind works the opposite way to most people! :D

Happens to me all the time. It's weird... because i'm a crew member I get to sit with a lot of guests and I have no problem holding an intellegent conversation and getting on with my job - even if i'm a fan. ... as soon as I'm the other side of the table (depending on who it is) I have had the odd *omg my mind has gone blank* moment!! :wub:

Im also crew, and im fine when im sat with them, but when i went to meet James Marsters, i completely blanked XD *didnt help that i had been queueing outside in the cold for a while and my lips were blue and i couldnt talk propperly anyways because i was shivering XD*

The only time i have been with a guest and had nothing to say *well almost* was Christian Cooke at the weekend, as i asked him everything i could possibly think of, and he still looked bored :D i tried so hard to get him to chat, but he was quite shy i think :( It didnt help that i completely blanked the 2 episodes of doctor who that he was in XD I couldnt remember a thing about them. But i really enjoyed myself when he was talking lol

Edited by Emmeh

Happens a lot with me....I can stand 20 feet away from a guest I wanna meet and be all cool about them being there, but when I'm stood in front of them, shaking their hand and what-not, my brain decides to vacates my head.

Edited by Los Conquistadores

Depends on the guest for me. I had trouble with Karen Allen and Christopher Lloyd this time round but was reasonably okay with the rest. Usually I clam up but oh dear ... Poor Karen Allen .. I had just met Jason Mewes and was on such a high that when I got the Karen (who I was so excited to meet) I just began to ramble insanely and i think I scared her. Have decided to try again if she comes back ( with a scrooged poster next time) and rectify my mad moment if only to satisfy my inner embarrassment! :wub:

It only really happend to me when I first started going to conventions, now that I have attended them for a number of years I don't really get fazed by it all. There again I am extremly laid back, that laid back I have to be careful I don't slip into a coma! LOL

I'm normally a wreck, who can't think of anything to say, BUT when I was meeting the one person I thought I was going to faint in front of, I was fine! That'll be Alexander Siddig.

My sister-in-law just loves to make fun of me every time he's mentioned. I completely lost the power of coherent speech when I met him.

Happens to me all the time! I always want to chat to the guests but when I get there my mind goes blank! Although I think I did v well with Dom Monaghan and Ian Somerhalder as they are 2 of my faves and I managed to remember things to say!

Or I say something completely stupid like with James Marsters...

James, looking at our photoshoot pic - "the camera loves you"

Me - "the camera loves you too"

OMG did I actually say that?!!!!

xxxxx

this time around i was pretty lucky, because one of the items i was getting signed by claudia black was part of a costume she wore on set. she recognised it and seemed pretty impressed i'd managed to get hold of it. we chatted about rollerboots :D

michael shanks on the other hand...man. i couldn't speak for a good few minutes after meeting him! ;)

I used to be worse, but now I've sorta got used to it- just always remember they are just people too like us- no one is better than anyone just cos they are on TV :P So that view does help, and if I don't have a specific qn, I just ask if they're having a good w/end etc.

Although, recently I forgot to ask Craig Charles something and kicked myself afterwards- but hes such a legend to me I had a lot to ask lol! I did a cwk on Kennedy years ago at school, and found that funnily enough the Red Dwarf ep is actually quite accurate- down to the police officer on the grassy knoll... so every other cast member I've met, I've asked what they thought of it... but I forgot with him lol!

Chris Barrie said he had no clue what was going on for the whole ep, and Danny JJ said he loved it so much he bought a book before they filmed it! I can't remember what Rob said...

Not nervous, but my mind went blank.

Have virtually no experience when it comes to getting autographs and meeting very wellknown people. So to get the front of the queue to get Patrick Stewart's autograph and to say,

"Wow, you must have been busy today?"

Kinda killed me!!!

I was going to comment on his Shakesperian acting or even just tell him that my mom loves bald heads, but no, i had to ruin it!

Frik, if I am like that with Patrick Stewart, what will I ever do if I run into someone like Kate Mulgrew :YAHOO:

thank the gods if incoherent thought and speech it's not just me who does that - I send up a prayer all the time that they will say something first, 'cos otherwise, brain freeze!

:pyth:

Only time it doesn't happen is if I've met them once before, then it's less 'erk' and 'drool' and more 'hey, how are you?'

I used to be worse, but now I've sorta got used to it- just always remember they are just people too like us- no one is better than anyone just cos they are on TV :D So that view does help, and if I don't have a specific qn, I just ask if they're having a good w/end etc.

Although, recently I forgot to ask Craig Charles something and kicked myself afterwards- but hes such a legend to me I had a lot to ask lol! I did a cwk on Kennedy years ago at school, and found that funnily enough the Red Dwarf ep is actually quite accurate- down to the police officer on the grassy knoll... so every other cast member I've met, I've asked what they thought of it... but I forgot with him lol!

Chris Barrie said he had no clue what was going on for the whole ep, and Danny JJ said he loved it so much he bought a book before they filmed it! I can't remember what Rob said...

As a bit of a Kennedy assassination nut I loved some of the detail in Tikka To Ride, particularly having Kennedy dressed as a policeman and having him drink a bottle of coke. (A Coke bottle can be seen on the wall on the grassy noll in photos taken directly after the shots).

I've clammed up with guests in the past, and I've ruined a photo because I was nervous. I once was so star struck by meeting an actress that I completely forgot to get an autograph from the other guest at a Tenth Planet signing. The worst, though, was when I met a Doctor Who actress who was in Eastenders at the time. I'd been watching some more of her Doctor Who episodes and had developed something of a crush on her so I found myself spouting out all kinds of crap about how I didn't watch Eastenders but loads of people were really enjoying it, etc, etc. My brain kept saying "Stop talking", but my mouth wouldn't stop. The next time I met her she said "We've met before, haven't we?". I simply said "Yes, yes we have," and hoped she didn't remember the previous meeting!