Kim Coates appreciation thread!

originally went to get an autograph from him for some friends of mine but seeing how nice he was with the people before me (and seeing how im just getting into Sons of Anarchy) i got an auto for myself as well.

Kim Coates is definitely now in the top 5 nicest guests ive met! SUCH a nice bloke. he seemed SO stoked to talk to everyone.

absolutely cracking bloke!

what were other peoples experiences of meeting him?

• Like 4

My love for Mr Coates has reached new heights today, he recognised me on approach to his auto table as we had tweeted each other last night after he posted a pic of fish & curly fries, he announced to everyone that he loved me and not only signed my dvd but then told me to pick one of the prints and signed it to Ms Fish & Chips for free! He then took some selfies on my phone and fist bumped me. When I then went to the photo shoot he recognised me immediately and after the photo kept his arm round me a walked to the printer with me acting like he was you going to leave with me, then later at his talk he gave me a shout out as Ms Fish & Chips again! I only watched soa a few months ago and I can honestly say he was the nicest actor I've ever had the pleasure to meet - if he comes back make sure you meet him!! :-D

• Like 4

Same here greeeeatttttt guest, With myself as well as with every fans out there.... He was chatty did not mind to take extra picture at the table even if I had already had the professional photoshoot.... We need more guest like him

I've met a few guests this Friday, will not say every name here, all fine , but some are just let's say colder, nothing wrong with that, but I love when a guest seems happy to be there and shows love to his fans....

Michael Emerson was awesome as well, definitely a more reserved guy, but great as well, Kim Coates and Michael Emerson have been the highlights of my Friday

Btw Josh-Hammond, I think I was a few fans behind you, otherwhise your story repeated with some other fans :-)

• Like 1

Cracking fun! I was around his table for the last hour for fun to try and catch some of his energy on my camera. He was having a great time and so were people as they passed. I have always liked the guy in so many films, but needed to stop buying autographs....

But he was infectious haha So I waited till the end of the day and was last in line for his days shenanigans. He put on a show, really was over the moon I loved Black Hawk Down, so he signed me another picture and just gave it to me. Then he wanted a photo, or two haha He kept on forgetting staffs names and shouting them over to take more shots. Even if his table said No Posed Photos.

He was fun. No need to say more. If he keeps that up for all three days.... well a lot of happy people will be going home.

• Like 3

Absolutely! I admit, he was only on my maybe-list, but definitely one of the highlights. Very enthusiastic and kind. A few people before me, a young girl was queuing with her dad and she got an autograph, just like that, free. For me, a hug at the beginning and a high five at the end. What a guy!

• Like 1

Just chiming in to agree with everybody here. What an amazing guest. I asked if he could record a short video message for my girlfriend as she's a big fan but couldn't make it, he said that sadly he couldn't but told me to phone her instead and asked me to wait by the side while he signed some more! Listening to him talk on the phone with her was surreal. "Hi this is Kim Coates, AKA Tig from Sons of fuckin' Anarchy". Massive brownie points!! I can't wait for my actual photo shoot with him now.

• Like 2

Just chiming in to agree with everybody here. What an amazing guest. I asked if he could record a short video message for my girlfriend as she's a big fan but couldn't make it, he said that sadly he couldn't but told me to phone her instead and asked me to wait by the side while he signed some more! Listening to him talk on the phone with her was surreal. "Hi this is Kim Coates, AKA Tig from Sons of fuckin' Anarchy". Massive brownie points!! I can't wait for my actual photo shoot with him now.

i was going to attempt this for a friend of mine. i went back late in the day on friday to see if he was less busy and could talk to my friend on the phone but his queue was still big.

just shows how popular of a guest he was!

I've been having trouble getting a train ticket and was starting to have doubts about going (like is the universe telling me something?). Even considering all the awesome guests, Kim is the one reason that makes me think if I don't go, I'll regret it and this thread has reinforced that!

I've loved him since the second I first saw him, 23 years ago and was starting to think 'well, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.' Nope.

::runs to the train station::

• Like 1

I was struggling with navigation for a few people today (but got most), could someone tell me where he's been lurking so I can hunt him down tomorrow? Thanks peeps!

I'm terrible with directions, but I can tell you who he was with today - Sylvester McCoy, Jon Heder and Paul McGann

• Like 1

I was struggling with navigation for a few people today (but got most), could someone tell me where he's been lurking so I can hunt him down tomorrow? Thanks peeps!

I'm terrible with directions, but I can tell you who he was with today - Sylvester McCoy, Jon Heder and Paul McGann

Vicky was hunting for Paul McGann today as well, they must be in hiding, but if we find one then we find two so thanks

Just wow!! I knew there was something about him when i used to watch SOA. All my friends loved jaxx but for me i always had an eye for tiggy. Well i was wright, he and along with RVD and edge made LFCC for me. Definitely closed the wound of Ron's absence.

Firstly - Kim was fricking awesome. he's the reason i came this year, and drove 5 hours through the night cos the last minute addition meant all decent flights were gone. he was amazing with the fans and really funny. he even thanked someone in front of me for getting a siggy for someone who couldn't attend.

Secondly - what's this about a Kim talk? there's nothing listed on the Tickets page, and i'm really annoyed that i've missed something like this as i would've signed up in a heartbeat. >:-(