A little info to foreign visitors

First of all, this is my own doing. If Showmasters or Hr. Nielsen has anything else to say, then that will be whats right.

To those who may not know where København (Copenhagen) is – it is the capital of Denmark.

Denmark2%20-5.JPG

The closest airport is Copenhagen Airport (CPH).

From the airport you can either take the train to the Central Station every 10-15 minutes. The closest train station to the venue is Nørreport Station (about 1200 meters), which is the first stop after Central Station. Time from Copenhagen Airport to Nørreport Station is 15 minutes.

Or you can take the Metro train to Forum Station, which is the closest station to the venue (600 meters). The Metro train runs every 4 minutes and the trip to Forum Station takes 18 minutes.

In either case you will need a ticket to cover 3 zones.

This cost 31,50 DKr for a one way trip or 17 DKr if you buy a 10 trip card for 170 DKr. The 10 trip card is not personal and so more than one person can use it as long as you clip once for each person and as long as the card stays with the person traveling the longest in case you are not all going to the same station.

Please be adviced the penalty for traveling without a valid ticket is 750 DKr.

If you plan to stay longer then you can buy a Flexcard valid for 7 days for an unlimited use in the zone numbers written on the card. This card is not a personal card and it can be handed over to an other person, but only one person can travel on this card at a time (one adult can bring 2 kids under the age of 12 for free).

The card will have each zone you can travel in written on it, so to use it from the airport and to the venue it will need to have zone 1, 3 and 4. Since you may only need to go from and to the airport when you come and leave, it may be more profitable to have a card with just zone 1 and 2. This covers a good part of the city and if you need to go beyond that it will most likely only be for one trip in each direction and not worth having covered the entire 7 days.

Prices for the Flexcard is:

2 zones: 205 DKr, 3 zones: 250 DKr, 4 zones: 305 DKr, 5 zones: 365 DKr, 6 zones: 415 DKr, 7 zones: 475 DKr, 8 zones: 515 DKr, All zones: 570 DKr.

There is also 24 hour tickets, valid in all zones for 24 hours. Price 120 DKr.

And CPH Card. Valid for 24 hours: 225 DKr or 72 hours: 450 DKr. The CPH card gives you free access to more than 60 museeums and other sites.

___

As for hotels these seems to be closest:

A (Hotel)

Avenue Hotel

Ã…boulevard 29

1960 Frederiksberg C

Tel. (0045) 35 37 31 11

http://www.avenuehotel.dk

B (Hotel)

Hotel Nora Copenhagen

Nørrebrogade 18B

2200 København N

Tel. (0045) 35 37 20 21

http://www.hotelnora.dk

C (Hostel)

Sleep in Green

Ravnsborggade 18

2200 København N

Telefon: (0045) 35 37 77 77

http://www.sleep-in-green.dk

Just noticed this Hostel will close for the winter by the end of October.

D (Hostel)

Sleep-in-Heaven

Struenseegade 7

2200 København N

Telefon: (0045) 35 35 46 48

http://www.sleepinheaven.com

V (Venue)

Korsgadehallen

Korsgade 29

2200 København N

Kort%20-7.JPG

Links:

Info about trains: DSB

Info about metro: Metro

Info about busses: Movia

PDF with the zones for public transportation in Copenhagen: PDF Map

Tourist in Copenhagen: Visit Copenhagen

What's in Copenhagen: AOK

If there is any questions to this, don't hesitate to ask. :(

Hope to see a lot of you in Denmark.

Edited by Mr. Mundi

I saw something on a local news programme a year or two ago about the roofs of houses being covered in grass. Supposed to be very eco-friendly. Many thanks for all the info above, the map and the photo of the outside of the venue.

Edited by SunSpeed

I saw something on a local news programme a year or two ago about the roofs of houses being covered in grass. Supposed to be very eco-friendly. Many thanks for all the info above, the map and the photo of the outside of the venue.

Yeah, we have some of those. We are in many ways very environmental thinking, even though in some parts of Copenhagen it's very hard to see.

And you'd be surprised to see, that we don't really have that many skyscrapes. Our architecture are primarily brick buildings, very classy looking.. One of the things I like most about our capital. :P

• Showmasters Admin

Mr. Mundi

do you want a job :D

we need as much help as we can get on this first event so thank you for all this

if you are up to help some more do let us know we will look after everyone that wants to help

thanks to everyone

its going to be a really nice event

jason :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just got back from Copenhagen, and I want to say that it's a beautiful city with lots of attractions to see. I will say that anyone thinking of going to the event from the UK, take plenty of money as things are a lot more expensive than the UK. I would love to go back depending on the guests though. :thumbup: