Oscars 2017

Coles84

Morning all.

Interested on everyone's opinions on the awards last night.

I for one liked MOONLIGHT but did not enjoy as much as others on the list. I loved LA LA LAND, was moved by LION, was absorbed by FENCES and was really impressed by MANCHESTER BY THE SEA.

In agreement with Viola Davis and Casey Affleck both deserving their awards. I would like to have seen Dev Patel pick up best supporting actor though.

I only stayed up to see if La LA Land got Best Picture, and the very second it was announced that it had won I went straight to bed feeling happy. A very worthy winner.

Well done La La Land!

:D

La La didn't get best picture Tom, it was a mistake, Moonlight got it instead. https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/warren-beatty-breaks-the-oscars-by-originally-announcing-la-la-land-as-the-best-picture-winner-instead-of-moonlight-053455279.html

I only stayed up to see if La LA Land got Best Picture, and the very second it was announced that it had won I went straight to bed feeling happy. A very worthy winner.

Well done La La Land!

:D

La La didn't get best picture Tom, it was a mistake, Moonlight got it instead. https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/warren-beatty-breaks-the-oscars-by-originally-announcing-la-la-land-as-the-best-picture-winner-instead-of-moonlight-053455279.html

:whistling:

I thought La La Land was highly overrated and that Moonlight was much better. So maybe the announcement was poetic justice :-)

I was glad that Casey Affleck won for Manchester By The Sea and best original screenplay as I thought that was a great film.

I thought Natalie Portman should have won Best Actress as she was much better than Emma Stone.

Glad Suicide Squad and Jungle Book didn't leave Empty handed.

Biggest disappointment was that Rogue One: A Star Wars Story didn't win anything :vader:

It's ok Tom, I totally got it but it is early Monday so we can let me people who didn't off... ;)

Nah, RayRay totally embarrassed herself here.

Shaaaaaaaaaame.

I know. I mean, of all the people here, I would have expected Rey to be the one who thought 'he's being an ass again'. I'm quite upset this wasn't the case.

And whilst I can't be bothered to fill it out, Rey - you have fully earned this:

hook-line-and-sinker.jpg

:clap:

• Like 1