Big Guest Announcement Tomorrow at 7pm

showmasters

I suppose it's the stupid hope that people won't be that ridiculous and that there are far greater things to worry about in the world than a guest someone isn't interested in.

But hey, there'll always be ridiculous people and ridiculous reactions no matter what. Even if it's not hyped up. So might as well just get on with it.

As long as it's not Donald Trump i am happy.

I agree, that the use of the word 'BIG' is the issue for one thing. It's very subjective. For me 'BIG' would be someone like Pamela Anderson or the woman who played Astrid Peth in Doctor Who (can't quite remember her name...) For someone else they may have no interest at all in those people.

The other thing is the no clues part. At least there's some point to it and a bit of fun if there are clues, but without it just seems redundant.

For me i like that SM let you know if a bigger guest is coming, because if it were a bigger guest and they didn't, i might not of visited the forum/website for a week or 2 etc and potentially miss out on anything that might be limited. I do feel having some sort of clue would be better and more fun, if SM thought the guest was massive in say Superman and said guest announcement from Superman coming, that would get my attention and fans would ponder and discuss and if you didn't like Superman then you can go about your business and stay of the forum for that announcement. Just my thoughts on this.

For me personally the announcement is fine, but I was more excited when it was in a certain forum not in general one. I remember the butterflies and counting down til 7pm. But now, not knowing what sort of event this guest will attend takes the whole wait to waste. Sometimes I look at the forum and see few announcements and I am like "oh, but where was the guessing game?" and then I discovered this thread. I have LFCC forum on my browser so I am rarely looking at different forums. And the clues are missing which makes people less interested. It used to be 30 pages long thread now it's barely 3.

I will be happy anyway. If it's someone I want to meet attending LFCC I'll be happy. If not then my money is for me. Win-win either way.

• Like 1

People like clues huh? Well a little birdie told me that the guest(s) announced tonight have both vowels and consonants in their name.

Because of this I'm now leaning towards Susan Sarandon.

If they announce the famous Ms Gypsy Myth now you're going to have an eggy face!

• Like 1

People like clues huh? Well a little birdie told me that the guest(s) announced tonight have both vowels and consonants in their name.

Another Clue....

Its a Real Person and they could be male or Female... Now thats a big clue.... :poki: Don't want to give it away, just yet... :no:

Ok all those talk about what "big" is , how announcements should be handled and what not .... The main thing gère is we have a guest worth a little build up coming, I'm excited, 4 hours away, it seems only fair we could have a tiny little clue by now, just for fun, I was never able to figure out a guest out of a clue anyway....

Another Clue....

Its a Real Person and they could be male or Female... Now thats a big clue.... :poki: Don't want to give it away, just yet... :no:

Female has a capitalised F, so it's a woman. Real Person is capitalised too, so R and P are important, too. It can't be Ron Perlman, as he's already announced, so.....

while im not a fan of the whole "announcement for an announcement" announcements i do find the guessing games are a giggle. i still stand by my previous post that the problem is the word "big" since that is all relative.

aaaaanyway.

i remember when they did one of these threads and it turned into about 40 people posting variation of bumblebee cabbagepatch's name, i laughed so much at those posts

• Like 1

Susan Sarandon would be AMAZING! It'd be a great opportunity to have a signed copy of The Rocky Horror Picture Show or Thelma and Louise.

while im not a fan of the whole "announcement for an announcement" announcements i do find the guessing games are a giggle. i still stand by my previous post that the problem is the word "big" since that is all relative.

aaaaanyway.

i remember when they did one of these threads and it turned into about 40 people posting variation of bumblebee cabbagepatch's name, i laughed so much at those posts

I remember that it was fun and funny
  • Like 1

I'm starting to think that 'big' may be a clue for the guest.

Original announcement says 'big' and all of the tweets say 'big guest announcement' (they haven't changed to 'exciting guest announcement' and it hasn't been mentioned without 'big').

Plus it would mean there was a clue there all along and that's why no others were given.

So any guesses for 'big' (or tall)?

Peter Mayhew

Big Bang Theory

Could be Gwendoline Christie? She's 6 foot 3, is known for her height and she's in Game of Thrones, Star Wars and The Hunger Games (which fits the clue of them being in a lot of stuff).

(Obviously 'big' may not actually be a clue so this needs to be taken with a pinch of salt)

Booo! SM tweeted that it's an average sized person. Thought I was on to something 😜😂

Could still be an average sized person from TBBT I guess.

Edited by Sam_Carter96

aaaaanyway.

I remember that it was fun and funny

Me too. Ahhh fond days.