What was Bill Oddie like?

Avengers7

Curious as to what he was like. I missed him unfortunately but would love to meet him at Mk

He was ok but nothing to brag about. I said "Hi Bill, how are you doing?", he said "Hi" back, signed my 10"x8" and subsiquently passed it on to Tim Brooke-Taylor to sign! Over in a flash realy :D

I realy like the guy so all is forgiven :blink:

Yes, I agree. At the talk he was very funny, and he was giving great value for money at the photo shoots. When I met him at the table he did seem slightly run down. I asked if he was enjoying it and he said something like "yeah...it's an experience." He also was holding his temples and rubbing his eyes like he was beat. I don't know whether he was just exhausted, or the novelty had worn off or what. He did smile, shake hands, and was polite, and it was fantastic having him there.

I met him quite early - he seemed in a good mood and called me darling, so I was happy as I've been scared off by some very grumpy guests in the past!

He was funny and lively at the talk too, even jumping up on his chair at one point! :D

considering he does have a history as a manic depressive

I didn't know that. Well, I probably read it one time then forgot, but I was surprised when he mentioned having a breakdown. I know the feeling and can sympathise with people like him and Nick Courtney. Just makes me admire them even more for coming to events like these.

Edited by Metal Gear

considering he does have a history as a manic depressive

I didn't know that. Well, I probably read it one time then forgot, but I was surprised when he mentioned having a breakdown. I know the feeling and can sympathise with people like him and Nick Courtney. Just makes me admire them even more for coming to events like these.

He did the first episode of the BBC genealogy series "Who Do You Think You Are?" - I found it an intensely moving program, and it heightened my already high opinion of Mr Oddie.