How was your Patrick Stewart experience this year?

Avengers7

Patrick Stewart was amazing :rolleyes: I loved his talk and he was very courteous when signing my autograph (I managed to get in just as they declared it an open queue)

I was a bit annoyed at the woman taking the money for the autographs as she was very rude and obviously overtired. Still, it was utterly horrible to see someone roll their eyes and gesture uncaringly to the different pictures when I asked which one she liked.

Glad to see people enjoyed helping out at the con :/

I was one of the women taking the cash - I have dark hair and glasses, and was at the second cash desk. I was shouting "next please" quite loudly but I don't remember being rude

- if it was me i sincerely apologise if i offended you or anyone else - we were quite busy and trying to make sure that everyone saw Mr Stewart who wanted to.

We always try to be polite - but obviously sometimes we come across as loud, or people don't like us. Most of us collect autographs and like to meet the guests also, and we do sympathise when there are problems.

I hope you had a good day otherwise.

Allison

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that ruined the experience for me was the woman (his agent?) who wouldn't let us hand the items to Patrick, but instead grabbed it out of my hand while I was a couple of people away from the desk so I couldn't get my I Claudius DVD signed where I would have liked, she was really quite rude.

At least Patrick gave me a nice smile when I said thanks.

The only thing that ruined the experience for me was the woman (his agent?) who wouldn't let us hand the items to Patrick, but instead grabbed it out of my hand while I was a couple of people away from the desk so I couldn't get my I Claudius DVD signed where I would have liked, she was really quite rude.

It didn't both me at the time, but now I think back that was a bit heavy handed. No need for it.

It didn't both me at the time, but now I think back that was a bit heavy handed. No need for it.

I agree that it was a bit heavy handed. Patrick was lovely though - he smiled and said hello and then said I was welcome when I thanked him for the autograph. Wonderfully entertaining talk too.

I didn’t know he was only there for 3 hours Sunday.

Guess I was lucky then, I heard a crewmember shouting out "any number". When I looked they had hardly passed 300 and mine was near enough 700. Hardly had time to choose a photo but there wasn’t many X-Men anyway so wasn’t a tough choice ;) .

A pleasure, like every time.

Always a gentleman...

My friend who came all the way from Belgium just to see him was delighted, he isn't speaking English at all, but understood the "welcome to London" that Mr Stewart said to him, anyway. That made his day.

Thanks!

(some Voyager captain should take lessons of politeness with him... you can be rushed AND be polite!)

Yeah, I had the same problem with my X-Men 2 poster. He signed it where his chahacter is pictureed but I wanted it up at the top with the other sigs.

Patrick seemed pretty nice to me, being the first time I'd met him. I got 3 sigs so got to speak to him more than I would have. We said hi then I said I'd missed him last year he said it's good that I got there now. So now I have all captains except for Scott Bacula, who I'm not bothered about in terms of Star Trek as I didn't watch that one really.

Patrick seemed pretty nice to me, being the first time I'd met him. I got 3 sigs so got to speak to him more than I would have. We said hi then I said I'd missed him last year he said it's good that I got there now. So now I have all captains except for Scott Bacula, who I'm not bothered about in terms of Star Trek as I didn't watch that one really.

Really a pleasure to meet, he asked how I was I said fine, so I asked him back and he said good, especially cause he had some coffee.lol. And I got to stand and stare at him for an additional 10 secs before he signed my 8x10's while he took a sip of his coffee. :lol:

Coffee? Not... Tea - Earl Grey - Hot? :thumbup:

Haha no, he definitely said it was coffee. I almost said 'ew I hate coffee'.lol

I was one of the women taking the cash - I have dark hair and glasses, and was at the second cash desk. I was shouting "next please" quite loudly but I don't remember being rude

- if it was me i sincerely apologise if i offended you or anyone else - we were quite busy and trying to make sure that everyone saw Mr Stewart who wanted to.

We always try to be polite - but obviously sometimes we come across as loud, or people don't like us. Most of us collect autographs and like to meet the guests also, and we do sympathise when there are problems.

I hope you had a good day otherwise.

Allison

The queue was almost non-existent when I paid but not to worry, Allison, I pegged it down to the fact that you had all been working incredibly hard the whole weekend... and having yet ANOTHER wide-eyed fangirl wanting Patrick Stewart's autograph in front of you :headscratch:

I thought it was good!! - I've not met him before - I had virtual queue number of 730.. but hey, the queue opened later on so jumped right in. It was very quick though, would have liked to have been there a bit longer but he was really busy. I had a really good time with David Anders though so that equalled it out. Patrick was really nice though in a good mood and yeah he was too busy for handshakes, photos, personalisations etc but yeah I'd meet the captain again if he were at another one!!

How was myPatrick Stewart experience ?

For me it was also my first experience with Sir Sterwart. In fact, i'm amazed by is presence, is kindness. My wife and I went from Belgium especially for this event and no regrets.

I was a little desapointed to no handshake and no photo (but it's logical because of the schedule.).

a great time meanwhile and a great event.

can't wait t'ill next event..

The Lfcc was great...really great and i'm so happy i could be there , but my deception was patrick Stewart because for £25 I at least expected to shake hands with him or to catch a glimpse, but nothing of that happened.

even with Christopher Lloyd i was able to have all that though he was highly demanded.

Next time i keep my money :D

The Lfcc was great...really great and i'm so happy i could be there , but my deception was patrick Stewart because for £25 I at least expected to shake hands with him or to catch a glimpse, but nothing of that happened.

even with Christopher Lloyd i was able to have all that though he was highly demanded.

youve got to understand last year loads of people missed out with him so id rather have a auto and a bit less personal service than no auto at all

As I said before the man himself was brilliant but he also refused to shake my hand because he was so busy - at least he said sorry for not doing it. He was still a great guy and I'm glad I met him again.

Fast!

Gotta say I wasn't going to get his auto but made a deal with my brother.

"If he is open Q before we leave I am going for it!"

Lo and behold he was.

My experience was fast but very smooth.

Crew were brilliant as always. The lady who was with him commented on my Indy shirt and while we were chatting I missed him signing my photo! No matter though ( cos the crew member in question was fantastic, friendly and STILL SMILING!)

I got to Patrick and said "I believe that one is mine" to which he replied "jolly good" I said "Thank you very much to which he smiled and replied "no, thank YOU very much" pointing his finger in the air .. almost a "make it so moment"

So glad I did it, It was a brief but memorable experience that was completely stress free.

Kudos to the crew once again

Didnt bother with him this year as i was lucky enough to meet him at last years show. With so many excellent guest at LFCC this time around i seriously had to prioratise my guest list and i simply could not afford the luxury of another Stewart experience.

I'm just glad the sheer chaos of last years show we avoided and everyone that turned up to see Patrick DID and went home Happy Bunnies :unsure:

Personnally I agree with Joule... because we're not from the UK but from France, and that Euro has a lower rate than Pound, a £25 autograph is quite expensive for us! I understand that people are happy to have his autograph but, for such a price, you expect better.

Christopher Lloyd was a lot nicer and had more to sign...

mixed feeling experience...

Unfortunately that is what it is like when meeting celebs, not all of them offer hugs, shakes and kisses. You have to accept that before you go to these events.

It can be disapointing but the £25 is for his signature, nothing else. People are often advised to have a low expectation when meeting guests then that way you might be pleasantly suprised.

I know of people who come to the UK from far further afield and it cost them a fortune.

Edited by Raylenth

Next time i keep my money :P

Hi Joule, I take it you're a French speaker so I should explain that 'deception' has a different meaning in English. The word you wanted is 'disappointment'.