Diamond Passes?

• Moderators

Unfortunately the mods have no info on this at the mo, SM would only confirm a guest is going to be diamond pass once the contracts are signed up and the guest announced so I'd say it is unlikely you will get a concrete answer to this one until a guest is announced.

Edited by StuartG2198

Hi Stuart

Many thanks for the swift reply. After the epicness that was LFCC 2015, I was wondering whether or not to invest in next summer's show or spring's with my savings as I am a Star Wars fan and I heard there would be guests from SW Episode 7 present, so this is a tough decision to make and I want to definitely make sure I get a gold pass so I guess its a case indeed of wait and see.

Best,

collectorbob

• Like 1

• Moderators

I totally get where you're coming from, I am a massive SW fan and wanted to get to the Spring show and would love to be there even more if there was guests from The Force Awakens, unfortunately I can't make the Spring show as my wife and I are due our first child so for obvious reasons it's not practical. But I've got a feeling Summer is going to be epic so have bought my gold pass

Edited by StuartG2198

I totally get where you're coming from, I am a massive SW fan and wanted to get to the Spring show and would love to be there even more if there was guests from The Force Awakens, unfortunately I can't make the Spring show as my wife and I are due our first child so for obvious reasons it's not practical. But I've got a feeling Summer is going to be epic so have bought my gold pass

Hi Stuart,

Congratulations, that is wonderful news. As you say, the issue is whether or not the spring show will be on as a scale as the summer one will be. I'm not too concerned about getting a gold pass just yet but know I will get one for whichever show I go to - I am a little surprised as there hasn't been many guests announced for the spring show as its only a couple of months away, but nevertheless, I know Showmasters will get good guests - last summer will be hard to beat, mind you.

I am intrigued as to which guests from SW are going to be there and if its worth me going to that show or hold out until the summer show - I will buy a pass once I know what guests will be attending which event. I bought a gold pass for summer's event as I wanted to definitely make sure about a few things since Robert Englund was turning up in Freddy makeup - unmissable.

Therefore, the question remains, so I hold out for Summer or see whose turning up for Spring? I just have this feeling that due to the release of the SW film, it could be an equally epic event, maybe even a chance to meet guests you may have difficulty meeting again, such as was the case for Michael J. Fox last Summer. I'll always be grateful to Showmasters for that, what an opportunity.

Edited by collectorbob

• Moderators

Hi Stuart,

Congratulations, that is wonderful news. As you say, the issue is whether or not the spring show will be on as a scale as the summer one will be. I'm not too concerned about getting a gold pass just yet but know I will get one for whichever show I go to - I am a little surprised as there hasn't been many guests announced for the spring show as its only a couple of months away, but nevertheless, I know Showmasters will get good guests - last summer will be hard to beat, mind you.

I am intrigued as to which guests from SW are going to be there and if its worth me going to that show or hold out until the summer show - I will buy a pass once I know what guests will be attending which event. I bought a gold pass for summer's event as I wanted to definitely make sure about a few things since Robert Englund was turning up in Freddy makeup - unmissable.

Therefore, the question remains, so I hold out for Summer or see whose turning up for Spring? I just have this feeling that due to the release of the SW film, it could be an equally epic event, maybe even a chance to meet guests you may have difficulty meeting again, such as was the case for Michael J. Fox last Summer. I'll always be grateful to Showmasters for that, what an opportunity.

Thank you, exciting times!! Unfortunately it's very difficult to say what sort of scale the spring show will be, there is still three months to go so plenty of time for guest announcements some of the best announcements can sometimes come close to an event, We already know that Jason and the rest of the team have 6 BIG names lined up for the summer show, in my experience I have never been let down by the summer show which is why I always buy my pass for that one in advance.

In terms of the spring show do I think SM can pull in the big Star Wars guests... Yes I do but only time will tell, watch this space.

Edited by StuartG2198

Hi Stuart,

Thank you, exciting times!! Unfortunately it's very difficult to say what sort of scale the spring show will be, there is still three months to go so plenty of time for guest announcements some of the best announcements can sometimes come close to an event, For the summer show we already know that Jason and the rest of the team have 6 BIG names lined up for the summer show, in my experience I have never been let down by the summer show which is why I always buy my pass for that one in advance.

In terms of the spring show do I think SM can pull in the big Star Wars guests... Yes I do but only time will tell, watch this space.

Hi Stuart,

Yeah that's the dilemma - do I buy a gold pass for the spring or summer show? I'm not too concerned about it as I don't think gold passes will run out that quick but I will keep an eye on the spring event and the summer one to decide whether or not to go but I think I will probably go to the spring one as the summer one might be a bit too expensive for me this time as I don't have much funds to play with and three nights at a London hotel will certainly puncture a BIG hole in my wallet.

Hi Stuart,

Thank you, exciting times!! Unfortunately it's very difficult to say what sort of scale the spring show will be, there is still three months to go so plenty of time for guest announcements some of the best announcements can sometimes come close to an event, For the summer show we already know that Jason and the rest of the team have 6 BIG names lined up for the summer show, in my experience I have never been let down by the summer show which is why I always buy my pass for that one in advance.

Hi Stuart,

Yeah that's the dilemma - do I buy a gold pass for the spring or summer show? I'm not too concerned about it as I don't think gold passes will run out that quick but I will keep an eye on the spring event and the summer one to decide whether or not to go but I think I will probably go to the spring one as the summer one might be a bit too expensive for me this time as I don't have much funds to play with and three nights at a London hotel will certainly puncture a BIG hole in my wallet.

If you hunt around and don't just look in the immediate vicinity of the venue there's all manner of cheap options when it comes to accommodation.

Hi Stuart,

Hi Stuart,

If you hunt around and don't just look in the immediate vicinity of the venue there's all manner of cheap options when it comes to accommodation.

Thanks Knitty Fred - I'd rather stay within the vicinity as it makes me feel more comfortable - the Hilton for this reason was absolutely perfect. However, it was expensive and if the summer L.F.C.C. is over 4 days and three nights, that'll be quite a lot of money which is why I am curious as to who is attending the spring Star Wars themed event, then I can plan ahead and get the gold pass but I thoroughly understand the reasoning behind why guests cannot be announced for whatever reason right away - I'm looking forward to seeing which guests do get announced - I'd do all the old school Star Wars actors for photo shoot opportunities as I've never met any of them.

I totally understand not everyone can afford a Diamond Pass. But SM have explained a couple of times already that without the Diamond Pass option some things offered with the package (like the special Freddy Krueger shot) wouldn't be possible, or the guests wouldn't be there in the first place.

Of course I would have loved a Michael J. Fox autograph toom, but I could not afford the pass. Thanks to the Diamond Passes being sold I at least got a photo with him. That is way better than nothing.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 1

As much as I want the "big names" I really don't like diamond passes. It prices an awful lot of people out of a chance

There wasn't that many exclusives with the diamond pass that wasn't available to regular pass holders, bar the autograph - a photo op was still available. Also, you could still get a photo with the bigger guests, just takes a shade longer. A photo is for life. An autograph won't last, sadly. Well, depends on the material used for the autograph.

SM have explained a couple of times already that without the Diamond Pass option some things offered with the package (like the special Freddy Krueger shot) wouldn't be possible, or the guests wouldn't be there in the first place.

Of course I would have loved a Michael J. Fox autograph toom, but I could not afford the pass. Thanks to the Diamond Passes being sold I at least got a photo with him. That is way better than nothing.

I agree. It must cost a lot to book the guests initially and that the cost of the pass is used to pay these fees. Its not unrealistic or unreasonable to pay these fees to get the special extras - its just like anywhere else.

To be honest, to pay £445 to meet a star of Fox's calibre was well worth the money and to me, was reasonable, as you got a photo memento, an autograph, a special talk with the ENTIRE cast and other goodies, such as the shirt - a very good deal imo - where else would you get a photo and an autograph in terms of accessibility? Virtually zip chance. Fox is such a big name as well and this was definitely, in my opinion, a bargain. I agree, a photo is for life, an auto isn't.

I am sorry to those who can't afford diamond passes and I could only afford it due to good luck with finances but as this is was only once in a lifetime, it had to be done. Most things could be done without a diamond pass, bar the autograph and one or two other things. If you are in possession of a gold pass which is well within budget, it should mean you get most things. It helped me. I went mostly for the photos, the auto won't be around forever. At the risk of repeating myself, a photo is for life.

Therefore, you really aren't missing out on much and the cost of a diamond pass to get the extras is reasonable, as reasonable as if you were to pay for these extras elsewhere. Maybe even cheaper.

As much as I want the "big names" I really don't like diamond passes. It prices an awful lot of people out of a chance

I think we should re name the Diamond passes to Camel Passes.. Why?

1) These passes give some people the hump..

2) Some people can chew over them while they decide to buy them..

3) When buying a Camel Pass, you only need it once and then you can bring it back up and use it again for other guests.. :whistling:

4) Camel passes will always be hot and in Demand.

See Diamond Pass now going to be called Camel Pass... You know it makes sense.. :poki:

I think we should re name the Diamond passes to Camel Passes.. Why?

1) These passes give some people the hump..

2) Some people can chew over them while they decide to buy them..

3) When buying a Camel Pass, you only need it once and then you can bring it back up and use it again for other guests.. :whistling:

4) Camel passes will always be hot and in Demand.

See Diamond Pass now going to be called Camel Pass... You know it makes sense.. :poki:

With the Camel Pass are you giving rides to the venue?

I think that the diamond passes are well worth the money as they offer the certainty of getting an autograph which given the limited signing time of the busy guests owing to photo shoots, lectures and breaks, would mean that you could miss out. With Michael J Fox been restricted to the number of autographs he could sign due to his illness what other way could there be to choose who to get his autograph.

Whilst a photograph with the guest is good I am much more interested in the autographs as I get to use my imagination and get unusual items signed. Last year at LFCC I went purely for Back to the Future and got my plutonium carry case signed by the 11 cast members, an artist and the 3 film makers of "Backintime". Donald Fullilove told me that never in 30 years had he been asked to sign such an item and a few other cast members said the same. I used it in the photoshoot with Christopher Lloyd and in my photo he is grinning and pointing at the case. I hope that other BTTF actors will be coming to future shows as I will be back with the case.

A lot of people like to get their photos or items personalised but that does not appeal to me. The first person I saw last year was Claudia Wells and she asked me if I wanted the case personalised and I asked her to sign it with the phone number and the "I love you" quote. Apart from MJF and Christopher Lloyd all the others put their character name and quotes.

As there is the risk of the signatures fading in light I keep the case in my hall cupboard as I do not have the need to see it every day.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think that the diamond passes are well worth the money as they offer the certainty of getting an autograph which given the limited signing time of the busy guests owing to photo shoots, lectures and breaks, would mean that you could miss out. With Michael J Fox been restricted to the number of autographs he could sign due to his illness what other way could there be to choose who to get his autograph.

Whilst a photograph with the guest is good I am much more interested in the autographs as I get to use my imagination and get unusual items signed. Last year at LFCC I went purely for Back to the Future and got my plutonium carry case signed by the 11 cast members, an artist and the 3 film makers of "Backintime". Donald Fullilove told me that never in 30 years had he been asked to sign such an item and a few other cast members said the same. I used it in the photoshoot with Christopher Lloyd and in my photo he is grinning and pointing at the case. I hope that other BTTF actors will be coming to future shows as I will be back with the case.

A lot of people like to get their photos or items personalised but that does not appeal to me. The first person I saw last year was Claudia Wells and she asked me if I wanted the case personalised and I asked her to sign it with the phone number and the "I love you" quote. Apart from MJF and Christopher Lloyd all the others put their character name and quotes.

As there is the risk of the signatures fading in light I keep the case in my hall cupboard as I do not have the need to see it every day.

I think I was in the queue for Lea Thompson when Claudia was signing your case it looked great, I imagine it looks even better now with all of those signatures!!

That is a VERY valuable collector's item, congratulations. I'd say at least four figures, maybe even more as it is unique. I think the diamond passes are a good idea as they guarantee what you need and make the event MUCH less stressful. The same is said for non-diamond guests where the gold pass is concerned.

Just can't do waiting in huge queues for hours on end. Since I am a nervous traveller, it makes my life SO much easier and takes the stress away from it all. I had no issues last summer at L.F.C.C. That was down to the gold pass and diamond passes. Still had lots of time left over to do other things as well.

In regards to Michael J. Fox, the diamond pass was MORE than justified as it guaranteed a photo/autograph and actually meeting him - him making eye contact with me for a nonosecond was nothing short of great - my existence acknowledged for a second by a wonderful humanitarian, just can't sum it all up. Don't forget its been said already. These are BIG name guests, such as Sigourney, Christopher, Bill and Michael Gambon etc. To pay a modest sum of money to meet such big names is great value in my opinion.

Lets say you pay between £1-£2k, in today's society, its a very modest sum of money. Of course, I wouldn't say no if someone said, collectorbob, here's 2 grand, but nevertheless, this is once a year and its the equivalent of saving 160 pound from your overall wages to save up, so no big deal really and summer is usually the big hitter. This year just happened to be extra special as so many unexpected, acting greats were being lined up. Michael J. Fox was extra special because that will NEVER happen again and to get a personal photo with him, lets say it was 2000 photos he took, out of the 6 billion people in the world, a VERY VERY rare opportunity and one who took the chance, well, it really is a major coup and those who couldn't, I really do sympathise.

I will buy a diamond pass if they sell them at next year's spring event. I'm not sure it will happen but I hope so and I have a feeling at least ONE big guest from Star Wars will be there. I can't see it being Ford but perhaps someone like Boyega. Daisy and Adam won't yet, but in the future, I think they will. Perhaps Carrie may turn up. Would love to meet her. So far, its been said already and I'll repeat it, its been a good start where SWVII guests are concerned and I'm looking forward to seeing who else comes on board.

After my ramble, in short, diamond passes, to me, plus gold passes, are definitely worth it, if you can afford it because it means once in a lifetime opportunities, more times than not. When I saw Fox was attending and I couldn't afford it, I was gutted, but luck intervened and I was able to raise the funds to meet a once-in-a-lifetime guest, so at least I can say in my lifetime, I met someone very famous and a great humanitarian who was part of one of the greatest trilogies of all time.

That is a VERY valuable collector's item, congratulations. I'd say at least four figures, maybe even more as it is unique. I think the diamond passes are a good idea as they guarantee what you need and make the event MUCH less stressful. The same is said for non-diamond guests where the gold pass is concerned.

Just can't do waiting in huge queues for hours on end. Since I am a nervous traveller, it makes my life SO much easier and takes the stress away from it all. I had no issues last summer at L.F.C.C. That was down to the gold pass and diamond passes. Still had lots of time left over to do other things as well.

In regards to Michael J. Fox, the diamond pass was MORE than justified as it guaranteed a photo/autograph and actually meeting him - him making eye contact with me for a nonosecond was nothing short of great - my existence acknowledged for a second by a wonderful humanitarian, just can't sum it all up. Don't forget its been said already. These are BIG name guests, such as Sigourney, Christopher, Bill and Michael Gambon etc. To pay a modest sum of money to meet such big names is great value in my opinion.

Lets say you pay between £1-£2k, in today's society, its a very modest sum of money. Of course, I wouldn't say no if someone said, collectorbob, here's 2 grand, but nevertheless, this is once a year and its the equivalent of saving 160 pound from your overall wages to save up, so no big deal really and summer is usually the big hitter. This year just happened to be extra special as so many unexpected, acting greats were being lined up. Michael J. Fox was extra special because that will NEVER happen again and to get a personal photo with him, lets say it was 2000 photos he took, out of the 6 billion people in the world, a VERY VERY rare opportunity and one who took the chance, well, it really is a major coup and those who couldn't, I really do sympathise.

I will buy a diamond pass if they sell them at next year's spring event. I'm not sure it will happen but I hope so and I have a feeling at least ONE big guest from Star Wars will be there. I can't see it being Ford but perhaps someone like Boyega. Daisy and Adam won't yet, but in the future, I think they will. Perhaps Carrie may turn up. Would love to meet her. So far, its been said already and I'll repeat it, its been a good start where SWVII guests are concerned and I'm looking forward to seeing who else comes on board.

After my ramble, in short, diamond passes, to me, plus gold passes, are definitely worth it, if you can afford it because it means once in a lifetime opportunities, more times than not. When I saw Fox was attending and I couldn't afford it, I was gutted, but luck intervened and I was able to raise the funds to meet a once-in-a-lifetime guest, so at least I can say in my lifetime, I met someone very famous and a great humanitarian who was part of one of the greatest trilogies of all time.

At LFCC a guitar the same as Michael played at the end of the first film was signed by the 11 cast members. It was later sold on the Charitybuzz website in America for $24,000 which was around £15,300. Owing to the limited surface area of the guitar the actors mostly just signed as there was little room for inscriptions. My case has more signatures, more inscriptions and owing to the size of the case there is plenty of room to add more when the opportunity arises. I have no intention of selling as the piece is personal but its a great talking point to have something so unique. For me one of the best parts of the weekend was the reaction of the actors when they saw the case for the first time. Harry Waters Jnr could not stop laughing and he opened it up to have a look inside. Donald Fullilove gave my sister his phone as he wanted his photo taken with me and the case.

At LFCC a guitar the same as Michael played at the end of the first film was signed by the 11 cast members. It was later sold on the Charitybuzz website in America for $24,000 which was around £15,300. Owing to the limited surface area of the guitar the actors mostly just signed as there was little room for inscriptions. My case has more signatures, more inscriptions and owing to the size of the case there is plenty of room to add more when the opportunity arises. I have no intention of selling as the piece is personal but its a great talking point to have something so unique. For me one of the best parts of the weekend was the reaction of the actors when they saw the case for the first time. Harry Waters Jnr could not stop laughing and he opened it up to have a look inside. Donald Fullilove gave my sister his phone as he wanted his photo taken with me and the case.

If you did decide to sell it, I can see it going for around a similar fee - good luck adding additional signatures - just need Biff and Crispin amongst others. I could easily see this selling for £12K plus. Congrats. I know you'd never sell it, but do look after it. I know you will. It really is a fantastic item.