Showmasters

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,100 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

Latest Guest Announcement - Walter Koenig

Attending: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 

e480c23a6cd6b4fc47a5c4e6b0b8168e10207f59

Walter Koenig — actor, director, screenwriter, novelist, acting professor, and comic book creator — played Ensign Pavel Chekov in the orignal Star Trek begining with Season 2.

Born in Manhattan in 1936 to Lithuanian Russian Jewish parents, Koenig was bitten by the acting bug early in his youth. He studied at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York, where he worked with fellow students James Caan, Elizabeth Ashley, and Dabney Coleman. His stage career spans 30 years and includes stops in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and many other cities. He appeared in many plays and television shows of the late 1950s and early 1960s, including the Mr. Novak series, and even produced and wrote his own feature film in 1967, I Wish I May. And then in 1967 came Chekov.

Koenig of course has also played Chekov in the first seven of the big screen Star Trek films and played the recurring character of Alfred Bester in the TV series Babylon 5. Aside from two genre roles, he has appeared in 40 different TV series and television movies, including "Anthony and Cleopatra" starring Timothy Dalton and Lynn Redgrave.

A natural writer, Koenig has written for the television shows Family, Matthew Starr, Land of the Lost, Class of '65 and others. His first book, Chekov's Enterprise, which recounts the making of the first Star Trek movie, was published in 1979. He has also written a satiric fantasy novel, Buck Alice and the Actor-Robot, and a three-part comic book series entitled Raver. Koenig wrote and performed a one-character piece entitled "You're Never Alone When You're A Schizophrenic," which was a finalist in the 1996 New York Film Festival Awards. While not a member of the cast for the Star Trek animated series, he did pen one of the episodes, "The Infinite Vulcan." His autobiography, Warped Factors : A Neurotic's Guide to the Universe, was published in 1998.

In a 1997 internet poll of favorite television bad guys, Koenig was the top choice of 12,000 voters for his role as Bester on Babylon 5. He was also voted the favorite guest star on Babylon 5.

Koenig and his wife Judy Levitt live in Los Angeles.

Profile courtesy of StarTrek.com

info@showmastersevents.com
www.showmastersevents.com
www.massiveevents.co.uk

#2 robmoriarty

robmoriarty

Assistant Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

Has he not double booked himself with another convention that weekend??

Have met: William Shatner, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Levar Burton, Wil Wheaton, Terry Farrell, Alexander Siddig, Armin Shimmerman, Nicole de Boer, Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan, Roxann Dawson, Tim Russ, Robert Duncan McNeill, Ethan Phillips, Robert Picardo, Garrett Wang, Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, Chase Masterson, Vaughn Armstrong, Alice Krige, Richard Arnold, Keegan de Lancie, Daniel Stewart.

#3 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • 25,947 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

I don't think so, he is no longer listed on their website. Seems like a couple of pages have not been updated.

EDIT: But of course I have let the office know, they are checking.

Edited by Queen_Sindel, 02 February 2016 - 01:07 PM.

• Daniel_Baker likes this
Warning: Fangirl alert
Likely to squee at high frequencies!
-----------------------------
CSI Audio/visual labrat
Officially approved Alexis Cruz stalker
Founder of the Sadistic Quizmaster fan club

#4 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • 25,947 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

Walter is 100 percent doing Destination Star Trek. His website will be sorted to reflect this as soon as possible.

• StuartG2198 and robmoriarty like this
Warning: Fangirl alert
Likely to squee at high frequencies!
CSI Audio/visual labrat
Officially approved Alexis Cruz stalker
Founder of the Sadistic Quizmaster fan club

#5 StuartG2198

StuartG2198

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:38 PM

Walter was one of the first people I ever had a photo op with and sadly it looks awful, I'm so pleased I can rectify that this year.
Forum Moderator

info@showmastersevents.com
www.showmastersevents.com
www.massiveevents.co.uk

#6 CHAPPiE13

CHAPPiE13

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

A definite must meet guest

Older and wiser. A major fan of the NCIS franchise.

Ambassador for "One For The Boys", "MIND" and "Survivors UK" charities.

Just started a major fitness regiment. Weight loss. Fitness. Health.

Strong Military family. Always support our fine men, women and animals of the services.

#7 Brodnick

Brodnick

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:45 PM

I was lucky enough to meet Mr Koenig at DSTL back in 2012.  Such a nice man, and very gracious.  

Amazingly, there was a very short queue to get his autograph, so was able to get a photo with him as well.

#8 Vivec

Vivec

Gaffer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

Will be having a photoshoot this time I guess. TOS is a little before my time, but I still enjoyed the episodes and especially movies :).

There are four lights!

#9 Namine

Namine

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

I hope Mr Koenig does personalisations because I would love him to do a quote from futurama's episode "Where No Fan Has Gone Before" - "Eeee...now say nuclear wessles.." "No" XD

But if not, that's cool, I'm happy to meet him and shake his hand and also say thank you for making Star Trek what it is alongside the other star trek actors and actresses.

People I have met at conventions -

Shaun Hernandez, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Paul McGann, Steve Cardenas, Frank Bruno (passing by the queue where I stood), Sylvester McCoy, Dave Prowse, Carl Weathers, David Yost, Paul Schrier, Jason Narvy, Michael Madsen, Bernard Cribbins, George A Romero, Cowboy James Storm, Stan Lee, Amy "Lita" Dumas. John Hurt, Jason Faunt, Johnny Yong Bosch, Cerina Vincent, Nakia Burrise, Jason David Frank, Cameron Jebo, Erin Cahill, Kristian Nairn, Christopher Lloyd, Adam "Edge" Copeland, Rob Van Dam, Blake Anthony Foster, Catherine Sutherland, Judge Reinhold, John Ashton, Peter Mayhew, Keith David, Dolph Lungdren, Peter Davison, Colin Baker.

People I am going to meet at LFCC 2017!

Christopher Lloyd (again), Tom F Wilson, Demolition Ax, Demolition Smash, Kevin Kleinberg, Michael Copon, Phil LaMarr, Terence Stamp, Walter Koenig, Ron Perlman, Zoe Wanamaker, Margot Kidder, Jack O'Halloran, Sarah Douglas

#10 CHAPPiE13

CHAPPiE13

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:59 AM

#Wessles
  • Namine likes this

Older and wiser. A major fan of the NCIS franchise.

Ambassador for "One For The Boys", "MIND" and "Survivors UK" charities.

Just started a major fitness regiment. Weight loss. Fitness. Health.

Strong Military family. Always support our fine men, women and animals of the services.

#11 LSM

LSM

Stunt Co-ordinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:51 PM

Photoshoot now booked. I met Walter many years ago but he wasn't doing photos at the table and I didn't fancy the photoshoot at the time. Time to rectify that this time around.

#12 Tony1975

Tony1975

Locations Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:19 PM

Special mention to Walter. Got to be one of the most friendly guests I have had the pleasure to meet! I often get starstruck and shy when meeting guests but he made me feel totally at ease. He had a chair set up so you could sit down and chat to him. He even had sweets on the table!
I have met -
TV/Film: Adil Ray, James Marsters, Nicholas Brendon, Kristine Sutherland, William Shatner, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Bobby Clark, Peter Mayhew, Jamie Kennedy, Nick Frost, Lee Majors, Neve Campbell, Warwick Davis, Juliet Landau, Anthony Head, Hannah Spearritt, Shane Ritchie, Jessie Wallace, John Challis, Paul Barber, Roger Lloyd Pack, Craig Fairbrass, Ulrika Jonsson, Jacki Piper, Valerie Leon, Sally Geeson, Margaret Nolan, Fenella Fielding, Shirley Eaton.
Wrestling: Ric Flair, Adam 'Edge' Copeland, Rob Van Dam, Gail Kim, Ted Dibiase, Kane, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Hart, Rusev, Lana, Sheamus, Amy 'Lita' Dumas, Mickie James, James Storm, Magnus, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Velvet Sky, Big Daddy.
Football: Paul Gascoigne, John Barnes, Peter Beardsley.

Wish List -
Simon Pegg, Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Alyson Hannigan, Eliza Dushku, Nichelle Nichols, Quentin Tarantino, Mr T, Dirk Benedict, Dwight Schultz, Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd, Lynda Carter, Lou Ferrigno, Big Bang Theory, Police Academy, The Goonies, Land of the Giants, Bates Motel, The Walking Dead, WWE stars, Liverpool FC 80s to present.

#13 frogbmth

frogbmth

Runner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:33 PM

Here here I really enjoyed meeting Walter, what a true gent. Super guest.
  • Tony1975 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users