Latest Guest Announcement - CHRISTOPHER LLOYD

• Showmasters Admin

Latest Guest Announcement - Christopher Lloyd

Attending: Friday, Saturday & Sunday

_1427308003.jpg

At the time he played Kruge, the renegade Klingon commander of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Christopher Lloyd was just coming off his second Emmy win for comedy lead actor as Rev. Jim Ignatowski in ABC’s long-running Taxi. His even bigger splash as Doc Brown in the beloved Back to the Future trilogy was still three years away.
Born in 1938 in Stamford, Conn., Lloyd capped an early string in Broadway plays with his breakthrough in film as one of the psychiatric patients in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. Other iconic roles came as Professor Plum in Clue, Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and Uncle Fester in the initial movie version of The Addams Family, amid a host of other credits. He even played himself as "Rev. Jim" 20 years after Taxi in the Andy Kaufman biopic Man in the Moon.
Lloyd remains in demand for his flamboyant iconoclasts, bringing them to recent series like Chuck and Fringe. Other roles come via reunions with any of his old co-stars on their current projects—from Spin City with Michael J. Fox to Everything’s Sunny in Philadelphia with Danny Devito and Numb3rs with Judd Hirsch. Then again, his guest turn as Professor Dimple in Disney Channel’s Return to Avonlea won him his third Emmy in 1992.

• Moderators

Just after some opinions, I was bought the BTTF Visual History at Christmas and I'd love to get it signed, having never had a book signed before where do people generally like their signatures? There are forewords from Lloyd and Fox with their signatures in the first couple of pages so I was thinking about the front cover but aren't sure... Opinions?

Great guest and a fantastic opportunity for fans who missed him at last year's LFCC because he was so busy.

I can vouch for this, his queue was packed!

But yea, he's such a great guy, I enjoyed meeting him last year.

So pleased with this announcement, missed him at lfcc, will definitly go to this event since its only 20 minutes drive away for me. Silly question but since it is a star trek con, will guests still have photos to sign of other shows? I really want his auto for BTTF and alex siddig for GOT on a 10x8 photo? Thanks!

So pleased with this announcement, missed him at lfcc, will definitly go to this event since its only 20 minutes drive away for me. Silly question but since it is a star trek con, will guests still have photos to sign of other shows? I really want his auto for BTTF and alex siddig for GOT on a 10x8 photo? Thanks!

At the first Star Trek Con in London only Trek photos were avaliable. I'm sure they'll sign other items but photos on offer might be limited to Trek only.

I've had non Trek items signed at both DST events but I'd certainly bring things like that along with you, aside from the official event ones, there wasn't that many stalls selling unsigned photos and I can't remember seeing any non ST ones.

I've had non Trek items signed at both DST events but I'd certainly bring things like that along with you, aside from the official event ones, there wasn't that many stalls selling unsigned photos and I can't remember seeing any non ST ones.

Thanks for the info, i would probably bring some photos with me then just in case, do you know if you can buy 10x8 prints online anywhere? Would be worried that they don't sign them if they arn't official, thanks again!

At LFCC a lot of the BTTF actors wrote their character names and inscriptions but as he was so busy Christopher just did a basic signature. If it could be confirmed that he would be doing inscriptions then I would bring my two multi signed items down.

For Star Trek I have already paid for and received my item to get multi-signed. Its from 1975 and cost £185 but once signed is going to be a great piece.

At LFCC a lot of the BTTF actors wrote their character names and inscriptions but as he was so busy Christopher just did a basic signature. If it could be confirmed that he would be doing inscriptions then I would bring my two multi signed items down.

For Star Trek I have already paid for and received my item to get multi-signed. Its from 1975 and cost £185 but once signed is going to be a great piece.

Sorry, but you will have to check on the day. This is never announced in advance. Even on the day the situation may change.

Thanks for the info, i would probably bring some photos with me then just in case, do you know if you can buy 10x8 prints online anywhere? Would be worried that they don't sign them if they arn't official, thanks again!

I don't think having non official photos are a problem. In any event most people I've spoken to recommend:

http://www.statesidestills.com/

I've not used them personally so couldn't comment on their service but I've seen they have a decent selection of stuff.

• Like 1

At Destination Star Trek 3 there wasn't a problem getting non-trek items signed.

I had William Shatner and James Darren autograph my DVD box set of T.J. Hooker; Jeri Ryan and Denise Crosby sign my DVD box set of the 90s version of The Flash; Carl Urban autographed my copy of Judge Dredd.

These were in addition to the Trek items that I brought along.

I wonder if I'd be able to take something like the BTTF Part 3 game for the Sega Megadrive and get Christopher to sign it.

At Destination Star Trek 3 there wasn't a problem getting non-trek items signed.

I had William Shatner and James Darren autograph my DVD box set of T.J. Hooker; Jeri Ryan and Denise Crosby sign my DVD box set of the 90s version of The Flash; Carl Urban autographed my copy of Judge Dredd.

These were in addition to the Trek items that I brought along.

• Like 1

I don't think having non official photos are a problem. In any event most people I've spoken to recommend:http://www.statesidestills.com/

I've not used them personally so couldn't comment on their service but I've seen they have a decent selection of stuff.

Thats great thank you so much for your help, i've just looked at the website will definitly be buying some from there!

• 4 weeks later...

no way!!! how much will the autos be? I missed him at the LFCC. I have to say SM have blown me away this year! the guests are really outstanding

They haven't been officially announced yet but at other Showmaster events the auto prices tend to be about the same as the photo prices - Christophers photo's are on for £40 so i'd say it's reasonably safe to presume the auto will be the same.

• Like 1