Meeting John Rhys-Davies: A personal experience

So what can I say about this man that hasn’t already been said by people who have met him at previous events he has attended! A pleasure to talk with as well as listen to! I’ve met a number of guests at events like these over the years but John was probably the nicest and the most genuine. I was lucky to get there early on the Saturday and to be the first to meet him and if I hadn’t noticed the queue eventually beginning to form behind me, I could’ve quite happily stayed there and chatted to him for a lot longer! In fact, I could’ve spoken to him all day and listened to him all day! He even gave me advice about how to start my ideal career as an aspiring author!

I've grown up loving him as Sallah in Indiana Jones and then later as Gimli in The Lord of the Rings and to be given the chance to meet him and to find out he really was as friendly and welcoming as I had hoped was actually quite an experience and one that I won’t forget!

I’d like to thank Showmasters for inviting him to come to Bournemouth and I was honoured to have such a nice, genuine celebrity (not to mention Legend!) visit my hometown.

Totall agree with your comment Ed1978, John was lovely to speak to and I liked that he took interest in talking to you when you approached him, he was a pleasure to speak to and I am glad I got to meet him. Thanks to Showmasters for inviting this talented and wonderful actor to Bournemouth.