Saturday Experience

Brasco

Home from another enjoyable con at Glasgow. 

We had early entry tickets and once again it was a good choice. Started with a quick nosey around to see where guests were seated. 

As expected this year it seemed quieter, I assume due to the smaller line up. I admit I was apprehensive about this year for this very reason. However I was so glad I went. 

I had a great laugh in the Retro Gaming area, struggling to remember combos to try and beat my friend at Street Fighter 2.

I met Colette Hiller, Mark Rolston, Jeanette Goldstein as previously planned. All 3 of them were lovely and fantastic to talk too. Colette was a particular highlight taking pictures with everyone (at the time). 

I also decided on the day to meet Rusty Goffe. Based solely on finding out about his extensive CV. It was a great choice. He is a really nice, funny gentleman. Can't recommend highly enough how much I am so glad I did.

I was a bit short for time today so didn't stay for the talks this year. My loss based on previous years. 

I sometimes think other forum users are too quick to complain about "crap"  or lack lustre line ups etc. But it's horses for courses. What might not spark your interest, may be a hero for others etc. I for one am just glad that things like this event happen. Already looking forward to the next one. 

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! 

• Like 3

I agree that it seemed quieter than previous years. I am not sure if it just seemed that way as the spaces between the stalls had been increased (good move, no more bottlenecks! :thumbup:) but I didn't see much of a queue at the doors at any point of the day (i walked in and out a few times throughout the day, I never had to queue).

I met Colette Hiller, Shauna MacDonald, Tom Hopper, Staz Nair and Imogen Boorman (I skipped Mark Rolston and Jenette Goldstein as I had met them before and I was on a budget although I am contemplating whether I should get a 'Jenette in T2' signed photo tomorrow...). All these guests were really nice and talkative and all of them allowed pictures as well. The Aliens talk was fun and very, very busy. One of the busiest talks I have ever seen in Glasgow but there always seems to be a lot of fan support for the Alien franchise in Glasgow for whatever reason. I was glad the opportunity for a triple Aliens shoot was provided and I am happy with the way my photo turned out. Unfortunately the Alien shoot clashed with the Tom Hopper/Staz Nair GoT talk and I missed the first ten minutes of it but again a very enjoyable and funny panel. I have just looked up these Le Labo scents and seen the prices, I think I will stick with Hugo Boss :lol:

I will be back tomorrow, I will definitely meet Ian Beattie and Valene Kane.

• Like 2

Had a great day today. Only met the 3 Aliens guests however probably the 3 chattiest guests I've met at a showmasters event. Colette was by far the nicest guest I think I've met and would recommend anybody to go and speak with her. She insisted on taking photos with everybody there, and gave me a signed photo for free along with signing my poster. She took great interest in speaking about my wonky nose haha (I broke it last month and awaiting an op to fix it).

Spoke with John for awhile about my favorite scene in Aliens for what seemed like an absolute age (sorry to the people behind me btw).

I agree it wasn't as busy today as its been in the past but showmasters always put on a great show. More aliens guests next year please, lots of space left on my poster :)

k9M8gLB.jpg

Edited by Matthewman
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, RomeroSavini said:

Was there any comic book artists? I saw none.

I'll be honest I never went down the area where they usually go, however I did see a few tables down that section. Also the gent that does the "Saltire" comics had his stall. 

• Like 1

I can understand the disappointment of not having more guests,depending on what you class as big guests. Certainly the fewest I've experienced in the last 4 years.

But I guess unless Showmasters have black mail material the wish to use against guests (I'm guessing this isn't the most feasible business model lol) to make them come, we'll just have to hope for more next year. 

Edited by Queen_Sindel
Quote removed
  • Like 1

Well, I only met three this year and I'll be honest, I was annoyed at first too thinking it wasn't the best ever line up they've had, but that was my personal opinion and of course plenty there for other people. It was probably the best day I had in the end because it was a little more quieter in way of fans (or may a better merchandise floor plan)? But I got through the hall several times with ease and that was with a walker. The three guests I met were amazing. Plenty of chat, and even photos at the signing desk despite having booked photo ops anyway. I really enjoyed my day at the end and take back my earlier moans (I believe were deleted or hidden). Maybe next there will be so many I'd meet I'll be bankrupt. Lol. 

Edited by mands151271
Autocorrect changed a word and made it wrong lol
  • Like 1

My daughter and I enjoyed the event; she was there mainly for anime stuff ("One Punch Man" is her current favourite) while her old dad was in "Aliens" mode.

The guests were great as others have previously mentioned-my daughter loved Colette Hiller and got a free autograph with a lovely dedication!

The Showmasters crew I met were very friendly and everything seemed to run smoothly.

I made my traditional purchase from Sue and Mark Autographs (a lovely Barbara Shelley photo).

It was certainly less busy this year, probably due to the lack of a big name guest, but it was a good day out nonetheless.

• Like 2