Tom Wilson appreciation thread.

Beth

I have seen a few appreciation threads here, and wanted to start one for Tom. He is such a lovely guy, and very funny!. He was very kind to me.  I really enjoyed meeting him, and I hope he comes back again. I had suggested him as a guest here in the past, and I was over the moon that he came over! ☺. I bought the diamond pass for him.  I had two photos taken with him, one with the tombstone, which came with the diamond pass, and one with the Delorean, and I also got his autograph. I also went to the "Back To The Future" talk , which was brilliant.  I love his "questions song" about "Back To The Future", and he has performed lots of other funny songs in his stand up comedy shows.  I have been taking special care of my Tom Wilson mug too lol ☺. 

• Like 3

He had something of a reputation of being frustrated with the attention he gets from Back to the Future. So I was fearing that he would come just for the money and do the bare minimum. Instead, I found someone that seemed to genuinely enjoy being there and meeting us! He was so polite and proper during the photoshoot, calling everyone "sir", in a very nice and warm way.

I hope this renewed contact with his fandom isn't a one-off occasion, and we have a chance to meet him again!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MarioVl said:

I hope this renewed contact with his fandom isn't a one-off occasion, and we have a chance to meet him again!

Same here, cos my brother forgot to bring his Biff To The Future comic with him on the Friday to get signed when we met him! :lol:^_^

I agree. He is one of the most genuine, kind, charming people I have ever met. I saw a video in YouTube where a couple of guys meet him.  The video is just over two hours long. Tom is on the video at aound 20 minutes in to it. He shakes hands with them and the people in front of them in the queue and is so polite with them. I am also on the video, at around 1 hour and 45 minutes in to it, the guys who met Tom walk past me when I am stood at the top of the stairs. It's great to watch it as a memory of the weekend ☺. I'm not sure how to post the link to it here.  I went to the convention and saw him on all three days. I was on such a high, feeling so happy  when I was there, and I have been ever since. I did get the blues for a while when I got home as it had been such an amazing weekend and I missed it afterwards. 

Yes, the video is on YouTube. Do you know how I can post the link here?. Are we allowed to post YouTube video links here?. If you type in "Tom Wilson London Film And Comic Con" in the search box on YouTube it will come up. I usually find it on there that way ☺.

Isn't Kitch the channel, I have seen their videos for the last three years. In the new one I am behind them when they get the Tobe Hooper autograph. Also, Tom was a great guest and one of the most pleasant I have ever met. He was kind and made a lot of jokes while I got his autograph, and was great. I definitely recommend anyone else meeting him and him attending another Showmasters event.

Yes that's it ☺. Thanks Mario. How did you post the link?.  I am the lady with the short blonde hair and the black and white striped top on, stood at the top of the stairs  at around 1 hour and 45 minutes  in to it as I said, for those who don't know who I am lol.  Have any of you noticed yourselves on it?.  Just edited this. Joeld, I am glad you are on the video too , and that you also enjoyed meeting Tom ☺. 

Edited by Beth
  • Like 1

He was an absolute great guy to meet, he was the reason I booked tickets for LFCC this year, and he didn't disappoint, he was so humble and genuine, and loved that he seemed so pleased to meet everyone at the autograph table and photoshoots. got to be one of my favourite guests to meet

On 11/8/2017 at 7:24 PM, Beth said:

How did you post the link?

I just copied it from the browser address bar and pasted it into the forum text box. The forum converts it to an embedded video by itself.

I haven't had time to watch it yet. It will be fun spotting me or my friends!