Fave moment of the convention?

Seeing a fair bit of negativity scrolling through the forums, lets try to break that up with some positivity.

What was your personal fave moment of the convention? could be anything, autograph meeting, photo op, cosplay moment. Have to say, I particularly enjoyed Benedict Wong raving through the Kevin Smith photo line on Sunday, looked like he was having a blast.

• Like 4

My fav moment was Sarah Douglas telling off the photographer for trying to rush her.  Sarahs shoot was late as the guest before her didnt arrive on time for their photoshoot so they were insanely trying to rush Sarah and she wasnt having it.  she said to the woman please dont rush like that I am going to take a quick moment to say hi to people etc nit their fault shoots late.     Was awesome and she asked my name as I stepped up and once photo was over thanked me for coming saying my name :)

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Straker94 said:

Seeing a fair bit of negativity scrolling through the forums, lets try to break that up with some positivity.

A lot of people's favourite moment of the convention is coming on afterwards and pointing out every little thing they can think of that isn't up to their standards.

• Like 4

Mine had to be meeting Natalie Dormer at her table and being pleasantly surprised at how much time she had for the people meeting her. I found her very easy to talk to, and she probably asked me more questions than I asked her. I left smiling my head off. Smitten!

Also - being able to buy myself a cheeky extra photo with Emily Kinney. I was meeting her on the Saturday anyway, but thanks to the Eventbrite app I grabbed myself one on the Friday while walking around the con.

• Like 3

I have so many highlights!  If I was to list every one of them, that might take a while...  I have loads of highlights, so here is just some of them...

One of my highlights was meeting Natalie Dormer for the photo-shoot!  Even though I only got to meet her for a few moments, she was so lovely!  I made her laugh, so that was amazing!  I think she could see I was a bit nervous, she put her arms out, and hugged me for our photo!  Making her laugh was amazing!

Meeting Finn Jones was definately another highlight!  He was so friendly and sweet!  I loved our little chat about The Last Showing!

Seeing all the cosplayer's was amazing, too!  Loved the cosplay of someone dressed up as Joffrey Baratheon!

Edited by ChloeLou
  • Like 1

Mine was probably talking to Edge. I've already posted appreciation on here, but despite having a decent sized queue, he was still happy to have a chat about one of my favourite matches of his with Jeff Hardy. As it is likely my favourite match of all time, it truly was an unique experience for me, and one I will cherish forever. 

couple spring to mind

1) Having to have my photoshoot with John Rhys Dais re-taken, as he was being so funny and mischievous in the shoot I was laughing too hard in the photo, I didn't mind at all as he was an absolute legend

and 2) Meeting Alyson Hannigan, who was so adorable in both photoshoots and signing autographs. she really was a great guest, and would love her to come back

• Like 2

Enjoying a chat with Robbi Morgan about her experience shooting Friday the 13th when Adrienne King popped her head over my shoulder and said "Less chatter more signing Robbi".

Turned around to say hi and Adrienne remembered me from the photo op I had with her about hour before. Got to have a nice chat with her by Robbi's table and even got a hug!! 

Always great when you discover your film idols are just ordinary down-to-earth good people.

I think if had to pick one I would have thought it would have been Benedict Cumberbatch, which was great. But meeting Kristian Nairn was really unexpected he seemed so happy to meet me and gave me a big bear hug. I think it is my favourite photo from the weekend :) 

• Like 1

As I stated in another thread, meeting Kevin Smith in the pm photoshoot was my favourite moment! Even though we had less than 30secs together, he gave me a huge hug and asked me how I was. He made our brief time together very special and I will never forget it! :)

can I have a few? I had a great time at my first ever LFCC, among my highlights are (which was many)

• Seeing the joy in William Regal's eyes when I mentioned how much I loved his performance in the Las Vegas Showgirl match against Goldust
  • Michael Rosenbaum and Alicia Witt defacing each other's face on my Urban Legend picture.
  • Alexis Denisof knowing my home city (Hull), and then Alyson Hannigan in the queue next to me saying hello to me as she was getting up to go to lunch (this was before I met her in the afternoon)
  • meeting everyone I wanted to meet bar John Cleese and Bernard Cribbins - this not a complaint I had loads of guests I wanted to meet and to only miss out on these two was an achievement
  • talking with Missi Pyle about how underrated Josie and the Pussycats is.
  • Just how personable the big guests where the likes of Alyson Hannigan, Natalie Dormer and Kevin Smith among others all took interest in what I had to say

I had a great but tiring time, honestly the only thing I didn't like was the pushing to get a VQ first thing in the morning 

1 hour ago, dvdrob13 said:

can I have a few? I had a great time at my first ever LFCC, among my highlights are (which was many)

• Seeing the joy in William Regal's eyes when I mentioned how much I loved his performance in the Las Vegas Showgirl match against Goldust
  • Michael Rosenbaum and Alicia Witt defacing each other's face on my Urban Legend picture.
  • Alexis Denisof knowing my home city (Hull), and then Alyson Hannigan in the queue next to me saying hello to me as she was getting up to go to lunch (this was before I met her in the afternoon)
  • meeting everyone I wanted to meet bar John Cleese and Bernard Cribbins - this not a complaint I had loads of guests I wanted to meet and to only miss out on these two was an achievement
  • talking with Missi Pyle about how underrated Josie and the Pussycats is.
  • Just how personable the big guests where the likes of Alyson Hannigan, Natalie Dormer and Kevin Smith among others all took interest in what I had to say

I had a great but tiring time, honestly the only thing I didn't like was the pushing to get a VQ first thing in the morning 

Had I been able to meet Missi, I would have done the same. Josie and the Pussycats is the first thing I ever saw her in and what made me a huge fan of hers.

My best moment came half hour after opening on friday i was walking past John Rhys-Davies on the autograph floor as he was walking to his signing area. As he walked past me i said morning to him and all i heard back was "for f&*ks sake" which i thought charming till i noticed he was going through his bag as he'd clearly forgotten something. Its then you realise that the guests are just like everyone else and any nerves you have about meeting them disappear.