First time as Crew

Thinking about volunteering myself ... was it an easy process?

How do they decide where you get allocated?  Do they take in to account experience and age as to where people get put or is it all a bit random?

45 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Hello! Yesterday was my first time as Crew and I just wanted to say thank you to all the lovely, amazing people I met over the day! 

I was guest assistant to Joe Dinicol and had the best time! Thanks everyone 

Glad you had a great time! This was my third year crewing and I love it.  Making the decision to apply three years ago was one of the best decisions I've made, I have gotten so much out of it.  Met some amazing people, gotten to do some great jobs and learnt a great deal! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, talie said:

I remember saying i would just "try it once" 8 years later.......

Yeah I said the same. In 2010. (And I did 2 days of photo distribution my first show... what was I thinking)

8 hours ago, The_Wookie69 said:

This was my 10 years with SM. Started crewing at LFCC 2007. Our family just keeps on growing!

Was this your first year as a pit boss?Thought you were a "blue" last year (remember you at a big photoshoot as I recall) now a "red".

21 hours ago, DavidT said:

Thinking about volunteering myself ... was it an easy process?

How do they decide where you get allocated?  Do they take in to account experience and age as to where people get put or is it all a bit random?

No it's easy. I had applied to volunteer. They said me yes. I read the crew handbook but at the end I turned it down because of a few reasons. I don't like working with money for example. I'm too new into conventions. And my English.... I get by and I m now able to travel alone and talk to people I want in English. But I thought that my English is not good enough. I don't always understand everything when someone is talking (anyway I ve that problem in French too when there is too much noise around me. It's impossible to concentrate. And I have health problems. It's was difficult as an attendee but when I observed I thought it's with the best decision to decline. 

They all did a great job anyway. Thank you to them all for this and they attitude. Always friendly and sometimes funny. 

So no, you can easily apply. I'm from Belgium and they agreed to take me into their crew.