Who did everyone meet?

I met -

Emily Kinney, Steven Yeun, Bernard Cribbins, David Morrissey, Alyson Hannigan, Alexis Denisof, Alicia Witt, Pamela Anderson and William Regal.

Met everyone that I was planning to apart from John Cleese. I didn't get a lower enough VQ ticket. Will have to think about going diamond if he ever returns.

• Like 2

Wil Wheaton

Zoe Wannamaker

Alan Tudyk

Pamela Anderson

Tricia Hellfer

Emily Kinney

Terence Stamp

Sarah Douglas

David Morrisey

Steven Yuen

Tom Wilson

( met c lloyd and mads last year)

Edited by HeartDT
  • Like 2

I met William Regal, Finn Jones, Jessica Henwick, Emily Kinney, David Morrisey, Christian, Victoria, John Carroll Lynch and Gemma Whelan. 

Got selfies with William Regal, Victoria and John Carroll Lynch

• Like 3

Photos: Alicia Witt; John Rhys-Davies; David Morrissey; Andrew Robinson; Pamela Anderson; Kristen Renton; Missi Pyle; William Regal; Bernard Cribbins; Benedict Wong; John Cleese; Matt Lucas; Benedict Cumberbatch; Madsedict; Mark Williams; Emily Kinney; Alan Tudyk; David Bradley; Natalie Dormer; Alexis Denisof; Alyson Hannigan; Edge & Christian.

Autos: Alyson Hannigan; Alexis Denisof; Alan Tudyk.

• Like 2

who I met autos and photos

Benedict Cumberbatch Photo

Benedict Wong Auto and Photo

Mark Strickson 2 Autos

Lalla Ward 2 Autos

Matt Lucas Auto and Photo

Steven Yeun Auto and Photo

Emily Kinney Auto and Photo

Zoe Wanamaker Auto

John Lynch Carroll Auto

Ian McDiarmid Photo

James Dodd Auto

Mark Sheppard Auto 

ones I want to come as i was busy doing other things, are Tom Wilson, Ian McDiarmid, Alicia Witt, Veronica Cartwright, Chris Lloyd, The Phelp Twins, Mark Williams, David Bradley and my biggest regret was John Cleese should have bought his Diamond pass please bring him back if you can  

Edited by Starbug
  • Like 2

Mads Mikkelsen- photo and auto

Kevin Smith - auto

i had such a great time, Kevin was so good and was so funny and naughty giving personalised autos and photos despite being told off for doing it. He had such a long queue but still made everyone feel special and not rushed. Mads was lovely too and gave me a massive hug at the photo session.

i had so much fun plus got a few Pops to boot.

• Like 2

i like to add a bit about my experience when listing who i met at a con (sorry)

Friday:

Alicia Witt:
SUPER chatty and very sweet. she seemed excited to meet each person who went to her desk (i was 2nd in the queue, my friend was first and another was third and she was ace to them as well)

John Carroll Lynch:
very polite, we had a chat about us both being (as my friend put it) "filthy lefties" which was fun. he was really interested in my friend's multi-signed TWD poster. She met lennie james at a con a while back and he wrote "all life is precious" which is taught by JCL in the show (and is Morgan's mantra) instead of writing it again he drew a little arrow to lennie's quote and wrote "to (my friend), THIS!" lovely guy.

Emily Kinney:
now this is the one that interested me a lot beforehand. she is known as a repeat offender when it comes to cancelling appearances at conventions and has a rep for being very hit and miss when fans meet her. she had cancelled 3 cons that i had planned on going to previously (2 of which were showmasters events) i went in with very low expectations when meeting her but was plesantly surprised. she immediately said hi and asked how i was doing and stuff and was very polite, smiley and kind. my opinion of her, which had lowered a LOT after the multiple cancellations has been raised

Steven Yeun:
one of the nicest guests ive met! super chatty, very polite, in both the photo ops and at the signing table. loved my friend's artwork and he made you feel like you werent talking to a celebrity, just a friendly guy you might have a chat with while on a train or waiting for a bus. super bloke and im glad i went diamond for him!

David Morrissey: 
one of the coolest guys ever. had a good long chat and he LOVED my TWD tattoo (which has the comic version of the governor on it) when i mentioned it he grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward so he could have a closer look. we also had a discussion about why whenever someone brings him a season 1 TWD poster to sign he ALWAYS signs it on the horses spam. His reason: "Well, thats where the governor belongs... also ive been told i look like a horses spam more than once" such a nice dude!

all of the TWD guests ive ever met have been super nice! if you've not met them before then if they attend future events DO IT! they are SUPERB

Saturday:

John Cleese: i started a john cleese appreciation thread on here. thats pretty much all you need to know. an absolute gentleman and genuinely nice person. quite possibly the nicest guest ive ever met. he signed and dedicated my harry potter poster which was fantastic and he was SUCH a nice guy during the photo ops, even though they were quick. he took the time to shake each person's hand and make a few jokes. "finally, someone who's a decent height" will live in my brain forever! an incredible man who is incredibly kind and appreciative of his fans

James and Oliver Phelps: Fred and George were both great. super chatty and seemed so happy to be meeting fans and having a laugh with them. so nice and genuine. we discussed travelling to the con and how early i had to be up on both days to get to the venue, to which james said i needed coffee. just a little thing but something that makes me smile. 

Zoe Wanamaker: aside from doing the biggest autograph i have ever seen on my poster she was great. super chatty, very friendly and great with another friend who brought their grandson to the con. she greeted every person with a smile, a handshake and a conversation. 

Sean Biggerstaff: lovely bloke. thought zoe wanamaker's auto was funny since i had to ask him to not sign as big as she did so i had space on the poster for more autographs in the future! another one of those celebrities who seem so greatful to have been a part of something like the harry potter series.

Danielle Tabor: she had no queue when i saw her. she could have been sat there, bored off of her face but when i approached she was lovely. the crew with her were chatting and ignored me, she tapped one on the shoulder and said i was waiting for them. she was another one who chatted about getting to the convention (and my lack of sleep) only a tenner as well! lovely woman.

Dan Fogler: that queue and wait was INSANE but was SOOOO worth it. such a nice dude. i apologised for asking him to sign ANOTHER fantastic beasts item (dvd cover) and he said it was no problem. he gave me an a3 print of the cover of one of his comics and signed that as well, took photos with everyone and gave me a preview comic which he signed and deidcated to a friend of mine who was unable to attend and meet him. he noticed my TWD tattoo and was super interested. "is that a comic tattoo?" i showed him and he said "OH SH*T, MAN! That's f*cking awesome!" a great dude who was kind enough to give up his free time while filming in the UK to sign stuff for fans, and all for the price of a Heavy metal magazine. bargain! 

anyway, thats my 2 cents on the guests i met. hope everyone had as good an experience with the people they wanted to meet as i did!

• Like 3

Sylvester Mccoy with and without the Tardis 

David Bradley 

Pamela Anderson 

Christien Anhold

Bernard Cribbins 

Mark Williams 

Lalla Ward

Louise Jameson

Matthew Waterhouse 

Matt Lucas

Christopher Lloyd 

Richard Dean Anderson 

Richard Franklin 

Benedict Cumberbatch 

And all cosplayers which in a way were actors for the week end :D

• Like 1

Autos:

Friday: Tom Wilson, Emily Kinney (on an Open Queue!), RDA, Michael Rosenbaum, Tricia Helfer (she was very touched by a sketch a wee girl done of her cat, taking a photo on her own phone and posting it to Instagram), and David Morrisey (got lucky with him, was going to be given a VQ ticket (260, I think it was) and the crew member said to just go on ahead and join the queue, we were 2nd in line and got our 1st auto of the day at about half 9 or so)

Saturday: Zoë Wanamaker, Wil Wheaton (I don't like saying negative things about the guests, and maybe it was cos I'm not a great convo starter, but he went dead quiet when I approached him, was chatty to the girls in front of us), Mark Sheppard (I was his 400th auto of the day! ^_^), Chris Judge (credit to the staff on his Saturday AM shoot, the flashes between E and F were causing some over exposure [The session in E was causing both flashes to go off at the same time, I believe] and we had to wait a bit) and Steven Yeun.

Sunday: Benedict Cumberbatch, Mark Williams, Valene Kane and Dean Cain.

Also met a few of the forum people, Rory, Spacecadet minus the camel, Mario, Pen, got ignored by Raylenth ;), and Wrong. As posted in another thread, I think Tanith was with Wrong, but I didn't realise it was her. Had seen Zonky, to, but I didn't know if you knew me or not from here, and I didn't want to say something and look like an idiot, so I hope I didn't come across as rude when we were in each other's company.

Edited by wjbleming
Minor grammatical errors
  • Like 2

I only went on the Saturday but I ended up meeting John Rhys-Davies, John Cleese and Phil LaMarr.

John Rhys-Davies was only for a photoshoot but he was warm and polite. I was not expecting him to tickle my head though :lol:

John Cleese wasn't that good a meet for me. He didn't even say hello, but I appear to have been the exception.

Phil LaMarr was one of the best guests I've met at any con. We spoke about Samurai Jack, his time as an extra on Spider-Man 2 (which he spoke highly of) and I got him to quote from Futurama. He was really open and asked me for my name, even after he had signed something I wanted unpersonalised.

• Like 1

Too many to list but a fairly easy weekend for me without a Gold Pass and only three Diamond passes.

Managed to do 36 photo shoots and 32 autographs. Only managed one of the three talks I wanted to do (SOA on Friday)

my Diamond passes were John Cleese, Steven Yeun and Alan Tudyk (missed his talk due to couple of photos running slightly late)

• Like 1