Natalie Dormer Appreciation :)

Can only echo these sentiments exactly.  Had an amazing experience meeting her at the signing table...had met her briefly once before at an Apple store event which she remembered.  Took a photo of my artwork to show her partner and took special notice of my name.  A few hours later I wondered if she would remember at the photoshoot given all the people she meets...I should never have doubted.  One of my most memorable meetings ever.  Can only give my huge thanks to her and Showmasters for the opportunity.  Class act.

managed to get my poster signed first thing this morning , she loved the pic , to which I replied (cheese alert) yes me too as it's got you in it , she let out the dirtiest giggle ever and said noooo was a fab photographer on that shoot , hello again she said at the photo shoot later in the afternoon , all credit for heR remembering ! Loved her :wub:

Natalie was my most expensive photo shoot to date so far, and I must admit I was a bit worried that it wouldn't feel "worth it" as such.

I have to say she was incredibly smiley and just lovely, it was rushed as I believe John Cleese ran over but even the few seconds of meeting her and having the photo she was awesome.

Plus I made my first con buddy in the queue waiting for the shoot :lol:

Very nice lady. I've met her on the elevator. She asked about my costume and she asked if it was comfortable. I said it sort of is but I feel incredibly hot in it. She laughed and said that she's not surprised as it is all leather so that's normal. She was very polite and amazing.

• Like 1

I got her Saturday and whilst it was clear there was a rush to get as many through as possible, of course, makes perfect sense; she did still take the time to say "Hello, my name's Natalie", shake hands and thank everyone for coming. Really class act.

• Like 2

I met Natalie Dormer on the Sunday for a photoshoot in the afternoon... Even though I only spoke to her for a few moments, she was so lovely! I think she could see I was a bit nervous, she was so friendly and lovely, she made me feel at ease. I made her laugh, so that was amazing! She put her arms out to hug me, so I gave her a big hug for our picture. She made eye-contact the whole time. Really lovely person! Thank you, Natalie, for being so amazing! Thank you, Showmasters, for getting Natalie to attend! :smile:

Edited by ChloeLou

I wanted to tell her that we have a mutual friend-- someone I've known for the last 3-4 years got to be in The Scandalous Lady W, starring as one of her lovers. I got nervous though and didn't know how to just bring it up out of the blue. In the end I managed to tell her that I cosplayed Margaery Tyrell back in June and she asked if I'd done it with my current hair colour (bright pink/red). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Faerie Tanith said:

I wanted to tell her that we have a mutual friend-- someone I've known for the last 3-4 years got to be in The Scandalous Lady W, starring as one of her lovers. I got nervous though and didn't know how to just bring it up out of the blue. In the end I managed to tell her that I cosplayed Margaery Tyrell back in June and she asked if I'd done it with my current hair colour (bright pink/red). 

That is a really great film! :smile:

I echo all the positive comments here.  I was surprised how interactive Natalie was at the autograph table, managing to touch on 3 of her credits briefly and she even asked a question or two of her own.  Compared to someone like Hayley Atwell in 2015 (who I consider to be an actress of similar stature) she was pure sweetness and light.  Gave an excellent talk on Sunday as well, poised and articulate.  A class act and I hope she continues to do really well.

• Like 1

I can't remember my login so I will use my wifes account for now. 

I had a photo with Natalie on the Saturday. She is so much more beautiful in real life! She was lovely to meet. At the photos she was looking at each person and saying hi and bye. I said hello to her and got a great photo with her. I did accidentally bashed in to her a bit as I walked up and stood next to her. I misjudged where I would be standing hope that didn't hurt her. 

I saw her on the Sunday as I was waiting for my wife to do a photo shoot. I was waiting by the side of photo A watching to see if there were any cosplayers I wanted to get a photo of. I saw out of the corner of my eye a security guy coming. It was Natalie and as she got level with me I said "Hi Natalie" Without breaking her step she turned and looked at me and said hello. 

She seemed like a really lovely person. I did not have the money for an autograph but I am sure she would have been great to meet.