Ticket refunds

I had a great day on Saturday only ruined by one thing-standing in the queue at the enquiry desk for an hour (with a bad knee I might add) to try & get a refund on a Benedict talk ticket. I was told by 2 crew members "yes no problem you`ll get a refund" so queued for an hour only to be told no absolutely not! Its not like you couldn`t have resold the ticket I`m sure. PLEASE ensure that your crew know the rules in future-a cross guest with a very sore knee could have been avoided.

11 minutes ago, lazydazy said:

I had a great day on Saturday only ruined by one thing-standing in the queue at the enquiry desk for an hour (with a bad knee I might add) to try & get a refund on a Benedict talk ticket. I was told by 2 crew members "yes no problem you`ll get a refund" so queued for an hour only to be told no absolutely not! Its not like you couldn`t have resold the ticket I`m sure. PLEASE ensure that your crew know the rules in future-a cross guest with a very sore knee could have been avoided.

as far as I know, all tickets are clearly stated at the time of selling as non-refundable/ transferable or for reselling.. only time refunds really given is if guest cancels or the talk was cancelled specifically.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the circumstances were of your wanting a refund lazydazy, but all tickets come with a clear statement in the T&Cs that they are non-transferable and non-refundable, unless the guests cancels. Given that this talk did take place, I don't know what you expected them to do for you. I'm sorry you received conflicting information but surely you knew what the situation was from the info you got when booking?

I don't mean to be unsympathetic, and this isn't all aimed at you, but I've seen so very many posts leading up to LFCC grumbling about circumstances like these where people want refunds for things: booking photo shoots but not making sure they have entry tickets for the right day or session; thinking diamond passes include entry to the event; having a diamond pass but only attending one day or part days so complaining about missing out on things when it's clearly stated that diamond pass events take place across the three days; and myriad other issues. All that's needed to avoid all these situations is to read the copious amounts of information which Showmasters put out here and on the website to know what you are committing to. It was my first con but I managed to read the list of what was included in my diamond pass before I bought it and the requisite entry tickets, and I would never have dreamed of spending such large amounts of money without at least scanning the Conditons, which state very clearly that no tickets are refundable or transferable. Why ignore information which is literally staring you in the face as you are booking?

Events like these can only be staged if organisers know they have enough money in to cover their costs, and can therefore secure guests, venue, and all the attendant costs. If everyone who suddenly decided they didn't like the schedule they had, and demanded a refund, Showmasters could well end up making a loss, and LFCC would no longer be possible. That would be a shame for everyone.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Pink Lady said:

I'm not sure what the circumstances were of your wanting a refund lazydazy, but all tickets come with a clear statement in the T&Cs that they are non-transferable and non-refundable, unless the guests cancels. Given that this talk did take place, I don't know what you expected them to do for you. I'm sorry you received conflicting information but surely you knew what the situation was from the info you got when booking?

I don't mean to be unsympathetic, and this isn't all aimed at you, but I've seen so very many posts leading up to LFCC grumbling about circumstances like these where people want refunds for things: booking photo shoots but not making sure they have entry tickets for the right day or session; thinking diamond passes include entry to the event; having a diamond pass but only attending one day or part days so complaining about missing out on things when it's clearly stated that diamond pass events take place across the three days; and myriad other issues. All that's needed to avoid all these situations is to read the copious amounts of information which Showmasters put out here and on the website to know what you are committing to. It was my first con but I managed to read the list of what was included in my diamond pass before I bought it and the requisite entry tickets, and I would never have dreamed of spending such large amounts of money without at least scanning the Conditons, which state very clearly that no tickets are refundable or transferable. Why ignore information which is literally staring you in the face as you are booking?

Events like these can only be staged if organisers know they have enough money in to cover their costs, and can therefore secure guests, venue, and all the attendant costs. If everyone who suddenly decided they didn't like the schedule they had, and demanded a refund, Showmasters could well end up making a loss, and LFCC would no longer be possible. That would be a shame for everyone.

Agreed.  I was so surprised while in queues people having a go at the crew when they turned up late to a photo shoot and expecting the guest still to be there.   one guy while I was in Wil Wheaton queue was having a right go at the pit boss who was handling it really well and from what I heard and understand he had bought a good few ops etc but hadnt actually planned anything eg checking schedule.. nasically he just expected to rock up and do everything to his schedule....seriously!!!   how can people spend this amount of money and not take time to find out information/prepare in adance.   i remember my first con and spent ages researching and stalking the fb and twotter pages.and forums and planning it all out well in advance.

• Like 2

I think you will always get people trying it on (not saying that lazydazy is mind you) or those who just don't know how the system works.

Then there is the grey area where people want a refund and by all rights should have one - like the Superman photo shoot that almost was (minus Jack) and Steven Berkoff's from last  year - where the black letter rules suggest no refunds but a goodwill gesture of a refund should be offered...

4 hours ago, HeartDT said:

Agreed.  I was so surprised while in queues people having a go at the crew when they turned up late to a photo shoot and expecting the guest still to be there.   one guy while I was in Wil Wheaton queue was having a right go at the pit boss who was handling it really well and from what I heard and understand he had bought a good few ops etc but hadnt actually planned anything eg checking schedule.. nasically he just expected to rock up and do everything to his schedule....seriously!!!   how can people spend this amount of money and not take time to find out information/prepare in adance.   i remember my first con and spent ages researching and stalking the fb and twotter pages.and forums and planning it all out well in advance.

The amount of people turning up late to some shoots, and thinking they could flash their gold pass, and i'm not just talking a few minutes, but batch 2 & 3 was entering for there shoots. The crew guy was queing the next shoot and people were running up saying were they too late for the other shoot in another shoot I was queueing for.

Edited by Mfahey79

I believe I'm in the same boat as LazyDazy in that on Sat,29th,I was in Benedicts queue as it slowly meandered its way as these queues do.At about 5:40ish a Showmasters 'official' in a red top (def higher up the pecking order to normal crew) started pacing back & forth counting the numbers waiting.When I/we got within touching distance of the booth the line was stopped.The time 6:03 and Benedict had to go.Very disappointed but these things happen.The 'Red Top' chap move people who were coming back on Sunday-4 or 5- to one side and the rest of us 15+ were apologised to and told to go to the reg desk for a refund.As I had a flight to catch I did not have time to a) find this desk and then wait so on Monday I sent a msg to Showmasters via Eventbrite but have heard nothing back.There is no way I am losing £76 for no fault of my own.

5 minutes ago, picard25 said:

I believe I'm in the same boat as LazyDazy in that on Sat,29th,I was in Benedicts queue as it slowly meandered its way as these queues do.At about 5:40ish a Showmasters 'official' in a red top (def higher up the pecking order to normal crew) started pacing back & forth counting the numbers waiting.When I/we got within touching distance of the booth the line was stopped.The time 6:03 and Benedict had to go.Very disappointed but these things happen.The 'Red Top' chap move people who were coming back on Sunday-4 or 5- to one side and the rest of us 15+ were apologised to and told to go to the reg desk for a refund.As I had a flight to catch I did not have time to a) find this desk and then wait so on Monday I sent a msg to Showmasters via Eventbrite but have heard nothing back.There is no way I am losing £76 for no fault of my own.

Picard, I don't think your situation is the same as lazydazy's - they wanted a refund for Benedict's talk, and I think you are talking about a photoshoot. The talk went ahead at the appointed time and in the advertised place, so as far as I can see lazydazy has no case for a refund. If crew told you that you were eligible for a refund for your photoshoot that's different. 

Edited by The Pink Lady
Typo

10 minutes ago, picard25 said:

the show only finished a few days ago with many staff possibly only getting back to office yesterday or even today.  give it a bit of time for a response.   o know its easier said than done with the value we are talking about but they will get back to you just give it a bit of time I am sure they have lots of msgs to get through.

18 hours ago, HeartDT said:

the show only finished a few days ago with many staff possibly only getting back to office yesterday or even today.  give it a bit of time for a response.   o know its easier said than done with the value we are talking about but they will get back to you just give it a bit of time I am sure they have lots of msgs to get through.

OK,I'll be patient - until Tues AM which will have given them a week.

Refunds have actually started Tuesday as far as I am aware. Your Situation is Special though as this was supposed to be done at the reg desk on the day, you will not get your automatic refund like let's say the Superman Group shot.

Contacting SM through Eventbrite isn't the most efficient way. You Need to E-Mail shop@showmastersevents.com please. They will get back to you as fast as they can.

I think the problem is that 2 crew members told lazydazy she could get a refund, and after queueing for 1 hour she found out she couldn't. The crew members should have told her a refund wasn't likely, but she might want to give it a chance anyway.

I know 2 people who were driving in from Nottingham and ended up missing a morning shoot. They were told to try for a refund, not that it was likely but they might as well try. Well when they got to the sales desk there were some other people there with a similar problem who had driven from afar, and maybe the sales desk just got tired of the complaining because they gave them the refund! They hadn't really expected to get it and I told them they were really lucky because normally they aren't allowed!

My friends hadn't really seen the schedule or they would have tried to get there earlier. Basically they were looking at the main site, not at the forum, and on the main site there wasn't really any schedule posted. They said that to the sales desk people and that probably helped their case. I think it would be a good idea to have a link, on the main site, to the forum post that has the schedule and floorplan, because some people may not know they are supposed to look on the forum for these things.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The schedule post was linked on the main site under 'event info' tab the whole time it was available (There was also a news post on there linking it)

Edited by etmuse

6 hours ago, whitewillow said:

I think the problem is that 2 crew members told lazydazy she could get a refund, and after queueing for 1 hour she found out she couldn't. The crew members should have told her a refund wasn't likely, but she might want to give it a chance anyway.

I know 2 people who were driving in from Nottingham and ended up missing a morning shoot. They were told to try for a refund, not that it was likely but they might as well try. Well when they got to the sales desk there were some other people there with a similar problem who had driven from afar, and maybe the sales desk just got tired of the complaining because they gave them the refund! They hadn't really expected to get it and I told them they were really lucky because normally they aren't allowed!

My friends hadn't really seen the schedule or they would have tried to get there earlier. Basically they were looking at the main site, not at the forum, and on the main site there wasn't really any schedule posted. They said that to the sales desk people and that probably helped their case. I think it would be a good idea to have a link, on the main site, to the forum post that has the schedule and floorplan, because some people may not know they are supposed to look on the forum for these things.

We don't know the exact circumstances whitewillow. No crew member should have told her a refund was definitely possible, yes. At best it should have been "if you want a refund you need to try at the Sales Table, we can't authorize any." With emphasis on "try".

Maybe there was a misunderstanding along the way. There was a quite interesting amount of "but the forum mods said" or "the guy on Twitter said" this year too when none of us had made a statement like the ones that were given.

But still that doesn't change what the others pointed out, the T&C upon sale say no refunds. I guess I am one of the few who actually reads these.

I really don't understand how people can just rock up to somethjng like LFCC without checking as much as possible.  I remember my first time at LFCC i checked everything from Twitter to forum and facebook.  theres so much info made available yet people want refunds because they didnt turn up on time or check.   sorry but its their own fault.

• Like 1

I had a photo-shoot with Adrienne King on Friday but that overran as Adrienne told the crew she needed to use the toilet. As a result the crew decided to put Andrew Grays photo-shoot ahead of Adrienne's instead.

This meant I missed Michelle Harrison's photo-shoot next door in Photo Area A as a result. I was in the first 3 people for Adrienne's Photo-Shoot and felt I would be out of there before Michelle Harrison had finished hence why I stayed put and why I didn't highlight this with Photo-shoot A crew.

Thankfully I was able to get a refund (after 4 attempts at unsuccessfully queuing at the sales desk through the course of Friday between other photo-shoots). 
The crew had to radio into the relevant people to get an idea of  what times the photo shoots went off. Thankfully my story of events was corroborated.

I used the refund to purchase a Michelle Harrison photo shoot on Sunday

Other than that I had no problems with any of my other photo shoots on Friday and Sunday (I didn't attend on Saturday). The above is where the schedule goes out of the window.

Edited by db570uk

1 hour ago, db570uk said:

I had a photo-shoot with Adrienne King on Friday but that overran as Adrienne told the crew she needed to use the toilet. As a result the crew decided to put Andrew Grays photo-shoot ahead of Adrienne's instead.

This meant I missed Michelle Harrison's photo-shoot next door in Photo Area A as a result. I was in the first 3 people for Adrienne's Photo-Shoot and felt I would be out of there before Michelle Harrison had finished hence why I stayed put and why I didn't highlight this with Photo-shoot A crew.

Thankfully I was able to get a refund (after 4 attempts at unsuccessfully queuing at the sales desk through the course of Friday between other photo-shoots). 
The crew had to radio into the relevant people to get an idea of  what times the photo shoots went off. Thankfully my story of events was corroborated.

I used the refund to purchase a Michelle Harrison photo shoot on Sunday

Other than that I had no problems with any of my other photo shoots on Friday and Sunday (I didn't attend on Saturday). The above is where the schedule goes out of the window.

Unfortunately Adrienne got really sick to the point anything went out of the window. She didn't even appear Sunday.

However, the Benedict Cumberbatch talk went ahead as planned and completely on schedule. The original poster never came back to give us details why she wanted that refund.

18 hours ago, etmuse said:

The schedule post was linked on the main site under 'event info' tab the whole time it was available (There was also a news post on there linking it)

Ok then. My friends told me it was hard to find, and I didn't know anything about if/where it would be on the main site because I always check the forums myself.

9 hours ago, whitewillow said:

Ok then. My friends told me it was hard to find, and I didn't know anything about if/where it would be on the main site because I always check the forums myself.

It was screamed on every social site when it went up. Twitter, both Facebook pages, the forum and the main web page. Not difficult to find it at all :/ David was even tweeting it out predioticly to make sure people saw it. Only thing I did was check back whenever a cancellation accorded for the updates.