Pilou Asbaek Appreciation Thread

Just now, Lokinestro said:

I think a lot of us were swooning by the time that shoot was over :wub:

Haha it was so funny when he walked in. All us women grew quite flustered. What is so great about him is that he is a super nice guy as well. I had a photo with him too and he was so lovely. 

• Like 3

I agree with you guys! I had a great week-end and every single actor I met was absolutely lovely, but Pilou Asbæk is one of a kind. 

The talk wouldn't have been the same without him, he was hilarious and we got some crazy anecdotes. Some of his jokes were really inappropriate, we had a good laugh but I think his PR is still crying as we speak ^^

He was amazing at the autograph table too. He asked the persons before me if they assisted the talk, they said no. He looked at me and I nodded. He said to them that he did say some very inappropriate things, and he looked at me again and said "Please don't say anything" ^^. Later he asked me if my name was French and talked to me in French for a bit, told me about his family. We also talked about the Jaime/Cersei/Euron scene. He was really engaging and very chatty. 

The photo session was so entertaining, he was awesome and all the queue was laughing. He did some very funny poses, tried to make every attendee's experience special. We had a little dialogue in French and I love the photo with him because we are still laughing. 

I think he had as much fun as we did!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marie-Loup said:

I agree with you guys! I had a great week-end and every single actor I met was absolutely lovely, but Pilou Asbæk is one of a kind. 

The talk wouldn't have been the same without him, he was hilarious and we got some crazy anecdotes. Some of his jokes were really inappropriate, we had a good laugh but I think his PR is still crying as we speak ^^

He was amazing at the autograph table too. He asked the persons before me if they assisted the talk, they said no. He looked at me and I nodded. He said to them that he did say some very inappropriate things, and he looked at me again and said "Please don't say anything" ^^. Later he asked me if my name was French and talked to me in French for a bit, told me about his family. We also talked about the Jaime/Cersei/Euron scene. He was really engaging and very chatty. 

The photo session was so entertaining, he was awesome and all the queue was laughing. He did some very funny poses, tried to make every attendee's experience special. We had a little dialogue in French and I love the photo with him because we are still laughing. 

I think he had as much fun as we did!

That's so great! He really was so engaging with everyone. Really hope SM get him back next year. I know they don't usually do repeat guests but I'd love to meet him again. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lokinestro said:

Did anyone else meet Pilou this weekend?

Couldn't be more surprised - one of the loveliest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting!

Got his auto on Sat and photo later on, he was hilarious in his photoshoot! Got the photographer and crew laughing including the rest of us.

ADCDRow.jpg

I was the photographer on his shoot and have to admit he was definitely one of my favourites! He was so entertaining and just such a lovely genuine guy! He was so excited to be there and was having a great time, which made it a lot of fun for everyone in the queue, the crew and myself! I hope we do get him back as well :wub:

• Like 3

Definitely the guest of the weekend for me! He was on my 'if I have time' list, but after the GOT talk he became a 'must meet'! I was gutted to miss out on his photo ops but meeting at his table was great. We talked about the GOT talk and Euron being too funny / awesome to hate. But the best bit was when I said that I miss Ramsey Bolton and he shouted "you sick f**k"!

A hilarious (and ridiculously good looking) guest that I'd 100% pay to meet again. Bring him back for 2018 Showmasters!

• Like 4

Just to provide a little more context to the photo's above (and a little more awesomeness).

I went to get an auto from him earlier in the day. I asked him if he would sign a pretty ridiculous danish phrase on his picture (a rough translation would be "it's me from that there boat") he obliged and asked me as he was going if it was right. He asked why I wanted it signed, and I told him about a friend at home who is struggling who we have been sending idiotic pictures through the weekend. He asked if I would mind him writing a message to him on the back and so he did. While he was doing that, he commented on how he had a fair bit of danes stop by and I told him that we would be 3 danes stopping by for his photoshoot later.. He perked up and went "let's do something fun!", we shook hands on that and made it a deal.

The rest is history.

Ps. Him having his leg over my shoulder is entirely his idea. I tried to use it as a bazooka! :P

Pps. We went to get our pictures signed and he was good enough to remember our buddy at home and he told us to send him his regards.. That's 7 hours after I met him the first time.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Skyggebjerg said:

6Vt85QV.jpg

TyLALix.jpg

jzMF1j9.jpg

You definitely do not get pictures like these taken with every single star. Haha. He was an absolute riot! :)

I saw this getting taken, I was a few spaces behind, glad the photos came out well for you guys. 
Pilou was my favourite guest. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DitzyDalek said:

I am Scott's mum! Did you used to do Lara Croft at Glasgow??

Yes! I thought it was you when we came in and I'd have said hello but you know when you aren't one hundred per cent sure haha? 

So apologies because I'd have definitely said heyy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, touchthesky said:

Yes! I thought it was you when we came in and I'd have said hello but you know when you aren't one hundred per cent sure haha? 

So apologies because I'd have definitely said heyy 

That's ok, it was a mental day - I had over 40 shoots in there on Saturday lol :help:

Are you going to Glasgow? I'll be with the prop shoot so come and say hi if you're there - Scott will be helping out! He's a bit bigger now :eek:

http://s124.photobucket.com/user/ditzydalek/media/1030_1068520745776_3476_n.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by DitzyDalek

13 hours ago, DitzyDalek said:

That's ok, it was a mental day - I had over 40 shoots in there on Saturday lol :help:

Are you going to Glasgow? I'll be with the prop shoot so come and say hi if you're there - Scott will be helping out! He's a bit bigger now :eek:

http://s124.photobucket.com/user/ditzydalek/media/1030_1068520745776_3476_n.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Awww I remember that! Oh wow he must be haha. 

Unfortunately we won't be in Glasgow. Wish we were but lfcc was already pushing it this year haha. Joe loved it though so we'll definitely be doing more. And he drives so we can make more. Woo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, touchthesky said:

Awww I remember that! Oh wow he must be haha. 

Unfortunately we won't be in Glasgow. Wish we were but lfcc was already pushing it this year haha. Joe loved it though so we'll definitely be doing more. And he drives so we can make more. Woo. 

Aww thats a shame! I'm always at Newcastle & Glasgow and probably LFCC now lol (I was MADE to go this year!) , so if you see me come and say hi :thumbup: