Crew Appreciation Thread

3 minutes ago, Blink83 said:

Please do. To be fair all the crew were great but I felt a bit bad it took me a minute to recognise her from before and obviously couldn't say anything as the shoot was taking place. Appreciated her help at a previous event and as I said genuinely nice person.

I will! Don't feel bad, that shoot was hectic! Loads of fun though : )

• Like 2

Can I give a special mention to the Pit Boss on the David Bradley queue today - very patient under difficult circumstances .

Also to Chantelle for keeping her cool on the refunds desk.

Not very happy though with one blue shirted crew on the Wrestling section on Sat - very rude.

• Like 1

Guy managing the bedlam of Kevin Smiths Q yesterday, believe his name was Darren (?). Getting abuse from a small minority due to Kevin being late back (we were waiting in his autograph Q for 2 hours!) Brilliant guy, stayed calm and very helpful. It wasn't his fault Kevin was late, appreciate Kevin likes talking to the fans, but Darren unfortunately took the brunt of people's frustrations, so big shout out to him! 

• Like 2

Massive whoop whoop to the charming guy running Kevin Smith's queue he was sweet and funny and kept us all calm and orderly.

also thanks to the 20 or so who helped me navigate the con when my dispraxia would not compute the map.

• Like 1

I'd like to thank the crew guy at the Benedict Wong desk on Sunday afternoon, who used my phone to take a picture of my daughter with Benedict. It was completely his suggestion and was really appreciated by my 11 year old and me. Also big thanks to the very cheery lady who was doing Tom Wilson's Q this morning and then Alan Tudyk's in the afternoon. Very nice and polite. Overall a good weekend and every guest we met was great. 

• Like 1

Big shout out to everyone who volenterred this weekend! Dealing with an event this size and managing to get everything running as smoothly as possible is amazing. So much repect for you guys as i personally would not be able to keep my cool with some of those Hysterical Customer Types when things go wrong that out of your hands, I'd lose my s*** even if i was being paid! So Thank you again can only imagine how much work goes into it, i had an awesome weekend so thank you

• Like 2

Oo, also, big thanks to the crew manning the auto number/dedication tickets for not once misspelling  my name (...actually, I think it happened once... lol) Wasn't called Jeffrey once this year (or the letters shuffled around when it's heard correctly. lol)

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

Also want to give appreciation for the red shirt handling the Photoshoot C area Friday lunchtime.

I mistook the queue for Hodor when it was actually Daniel Portman, and she made me realise this.

Saved me from feeling like a right wally if I had my ticket scanned for the wrong photoshoot.

• Like 1

The Crew in Photo C were awesome!

When Alan Tudyk had to go, leaving just 8 of us still waiting for our photos, they managed to arrange for us to come back at the end of the day so we didn't miss out on our photo op with him.

Huge thank you to these guys for calmly sorting that out for us panicking people!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fissijo said:

Also the guy who was on Photo B Friday afternoon was doing a sterling job being in control of the situations but still keeping it fun - must have been having a nightmare with Pamela's shoot running long and all of us lurking for Dean but didn't let it show.

I've had nightmares, this was a pleasant dream ☺

• Like 1

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to some of the great crew that I met over the weekend. In particular the crew member that was working Matt Lucas's photoshoot on sunday...he said he hadn't had anything to eat or drink because he wanted to make sure that, that queue was running well! Luckily I had one of those massive cans of america drink and I happily asked he wanted to have it, mainly because he was doing such a great job. I can't even begin to think how some people were spoken to or treated this weekend. There was an exceptionally obnoxious woman yelling in peoples face when trying to get a VQ for Mark Williams...there was a massive surge of people and I completely understand that she was near the front but the people pushed out of the way people that were behind here which meant we then had to come side ways on...which obviously isn't my fault as i was trying to be behind her and she then screamed in my face that I was pushing in...which was just awful and then in the VQ for Alyson there was a lady with a push chair and this big guy walked right in front of her and myself to get his ticket...needless to say i wasn't having that so i reached in front of him to get a ticket which i then handed to the woman with the kid and then turned back to get mine and he virtually snatched it out of my hand...to think that the crew probably had to deal with these awful people all weekend makes me sad. So big pat on the back to all of them...i hope they are all managing to have a calm, restful day today xxx

• Like 1

I know he's been mentioned already, but big shout out for the dude on Photo G (especially during the Pamela Anderson issue on Saturday). His crowd control was top notch.

• he kept people outside of the queue zone
  • he controlled the crowd by shouting for a show of hands before allowing them to come forward.
  • he often checked that people had the correct ticket type and batch number, reducing queue jumping.
  • most of all, he was clear, loud and concise.

Give that lad a red shirt lol...

• Like 5

Just remembered - A big shoutout should go to all the members of Peter Mayhew's queue on Sunday. Firstly, the red haired male crew member who was handeling the queue was very helpful answering my intial queries (when he was going to be back, was he on VQ etc). Secondly, all queue members for Peter were great at managing the people who were trying to use his queuing space to take pictures of other guests (as Peter was on the end on sunday). It can't be easy to keep doing and saying the same things, and it prevented something really annoying from continuously happening. Finally the Blonde female crew member who acted as his assistant stood out the most. As many people have said before, Peter sadly can be quite withdrawn at times (he is getting on a bit, I don't blame him). Unfortunately the time I chose to go up was one of those times and sadly he didn't really want to interact with me. But the aforementioned crewmember was really kind , asking me about my day, taking a genuine interest and thanking me for coming. It was good quality customer service, and really made me feel happy to meet Peter, despite the fact we barely spoke! 

Edited by tenaciouspirit

Hopefully this is the right place, but I wanted to say a massive thank you to the young lady manning the Benedict Cumberbatch VQ queue on Sunday (about 3pm, I think. Can't remember). He was up to VQ ticket 250. Mine was 253, and the lady in question let me through anyway. Hopefully, you'll make my girlfriend a very happy person when I present it to her!

Shoutout to the guys at Photo Area G for keeping the Cumberbatch line under control on Sunday! And all the guys at Photo Areas A, B and C, they all managed their queues with Steven Yeun, David Morrissey and David Bradley superbly! At least in my experience these guys made my day run like clockwork and I couldn't be more thankful!

• Like 1

Right.. that Mads Mikkelsen Photo Area on sunday morning was relaxed. That guy controlled it very good... and thanks having enough space at the Event it was much more relaxed than two years ago. So it wasn't "loud" all the time - specially not in the photo Area. Also Phil at Area A was great... and he made fun during the whole time. Also those with Benedict Cumberbatch on friday... I have expected the "hell"  :rolleyes: but it was incredible well organized

• Like 1

There's quite a few I need to point out over the course of the weekend. Firstly the duo who were handing out and dealing with Gold pass goodie bag and vouchers on Friday both were great and swift to answer questions with knowledgeable answers or if directing them to someone who did know. The 2 males in blue shirts who looked after the 4 boba shoot. Good crowd control and organisation throughout.  Finally the lady who controlled the queue on Sunday for the diamond queue despite being understaffed on that area she organised and controlled the queues as well as directing people to the correct areas as well as stopping those who were trying to sneak in the talk without a ticket

• Like 1

I mostly had very good experiences. I want to mention specifically some people that stood out for me:

- Red shirt lady at Photoshoot area C on Friday AM. Due to some confusion (mostly on my part), I thought I was queuing for Alicia Witt when the shoot had apparently moved on to Steven Yeun, and just as I entered the photo area, I watched in horror as Alicia left! Red shirt lady took charge and immediately reassured me that, although it was unlikely that she'd come back, my ticket would be exchanged for another day. But Alicia did come back, so happy ending :)

- Guy handling autographs for Mark Sheppard on Saturday, joking with Mark about me cosplaying as Mario and asking for the auto to be dedicated to Mario (happens to be my real name). We all had a great laugh about it and it made the experience very cool!

- John Cleese photographer on Saturday PM. I was dressed as the Spanish Inquisition, he remarked "Well, I was not expecting that". I've never had a photographer joke about my costume, it was cool.

- Guy running Area F on Saturday during the Alien group. The shoot was significantly delayed, so the next photoshoot had to take place before. He kept us informed, in order, and took special notice of anyone who could have clashes.

- Girl checking tickets on Area F on Saturday during Iron Fist photoshoot, and enjoying every minute of it! Particularly when someone almost... had an accident, and she burst laughing. I'm sure it helped take the edge off a potentially very awkward situation.

- Guy on Photoshoot area B on Sunday, at the time of Natalie Dormer's shoot, who let me in with the Diamonds so that I could make it in time to Kevin Smith's talk. It made the photo that more special.

- This is more of a mea culpa. I got the time wrong for the Phelps twins PM photoshoot and missed it. I had the impression that I couldn't get a refund for that, but I thought I better make sure and ask. I went to the Info desk and started explaining, but they quickly told me to go to the Sales desk. Which had a short queue and a long one... I hoped that the short one would be for refunds and the long one for sales, but of course it was the other way around. So I waited for a while, and then a blue shirt girl started to ask everyone what they needed. When I explained my situation, she told me that I could not get a refund, and I was like "ok, fair enough, it was my fault, but couldn't the info desk person tell me that before I wasted my time in the long queue?" I tried to explain, and to politely suggest that the info desk has better info in the future, but honestly I was a bit frustrated by the wait that I now knew was useless (and the cost of my own mistake) and I probably was harsher than intended. Then I realized that not only my problem was not with this girl, but she was the one that had actually provided me with useful information and kept me for even more useless queuing. So, if you're out there: I apologize for taking out my frustration on you, and I thank you for taking the time to make sure all of us had actually a good reason to be in the refunds queue!