How much have people spent this year?

41 minutes ago, StevenHall said:

Easily £1800 - £2000

39 photoshoots including 2 Benedict Cumberbatch 

27 Autographs including 1 Benedict Cumberbatch 

I misread that as 39 photoshoots of Benedict Cumberbatch :lol:

• Like 3

654 on entry and photoshoots and autographs (210 already for Dean Cain)

350 hotel

200 for getting to uk

Around 400 for buying some merchandise and a lot of autographs

And still forgot to buy some autographs and I don't know if they were from a company or just people who sold autographs so I'm sad now.

For me, it's not about the money and how much I spent it's about the memories that will now last a lifetime and those I can never put a price on.  Meeting some of my heroes like Kevin Smith & John Cleese this weekend and talking to them in person WOW!!. This is why I love these events so much. 

• Like 1

I can't remember the exact amount but it was definitely an eye-watering figure! But meeting these people is, in my opinion, a one chance thing that you will probably never get again. So I take it.

Edited by SilvaNemesis
  • Like 2

With reading what other people have spent at this con, I don't think I come even close. lets see

3 x Diamond Pass

12 x Autographs

Weekend pass

ok, it's a little more than I thought. It's a little over £900. Money well spent.

I'd say just over £2000, inc. food and a cheap Premier Inn stay. We got married the 1st July and came to LFCC for our honeymoon. We asked for money as a gift, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to do half of what we did! We'd bought our passes the year before when they went on sale, but due to the wedding we forgot to put a bit back for autos etc. So the honeymoon fund was a life saver!! Worth every penny spent, we had an amazing time. 

• Like 1

£360 on diamond passes (Benedict Cumberbatch and John Cleese)

£320 on photos 

£335 on autos

£40 travel (live outside London and split coast of car park which would have been £85.50 and petrol)

£30 food and drink (made lovely picnic and left in car and came and went whenever hungry)

£45 at stalls and artists 

so so well over my budget of £750 for this year. Whoops. Don't tell the wife shhhhhh

I got 7 photoshoots and 4 autographs, including travel, a few funko pops I bought and food expenses I spent just shy of £700. Booked the photoshoots over the last 5 months though so managed to spread the cost which helped. Still more than I thought before I added it all up!

Saturday Entry ticket

£220 on autographs

£25 auto vouchers left over from last year

£25 on a photoshoot

£30 on petrol/parking

Frankly I am stunned at the amounts some people have spent... simply because I don't know who can like so many guests/need so many autographs require to get to numbers like £5k.

I'm too lazy (and dumb, if I'm honest) to count up an exact figure, but this year was actually my cheapest con so far at approximately £200. I always take out wads of cash before the con and usually come home with a couple of 20's left, if I'm lucky. This year I came home with £160 leftover.

Quite a lot but then I did buy a diamond pass and extra photoshoot for both my sister and I (she owes me a good Christmas present this year haha!). I got three things signed by Benedict and also got a couple more photoshoots. I didn't actually spend as much money as I thought I would on the stalls, possibly because after buying an extra last minute photo with Benedict my subconscious was trying to save me money, but whatever I spent it was definitely worth it as I had a great weekend and I have memories I'll treasure forever! :)