Incredibly unfair for VQ ticket holders

So what exactly is the point of handing out VQ tickets for Benedict Cumberbatch autographs when 450 (!) Diamond passes have been sold (at around £220 that's around £100,000 incidentally) meaning that zero VQ holders will even have the priviledge of queuing?

Ditto John Cleese who's queue, we are promised, might open to standard ticket holders at around 5:15. I stress "might".

As autographs go this is easily the worst LFCC I can remember.

i dont understand how its unfair... not as if paid for auto and not getting it.  we all know with popular busy guests that its a risk not getting diamond pass.   sorry if this seems a bit hard but in my opinion its hiw it is.    i take a chance with VQ or if I want to be sure to get auto I will grt diamond.  Also not all diamond will go on the one day... it covers any day guest there so wont be all going on that same day.

Edited by HeartDT

You only get one auto over the 2 days, do not all Diamond holders will go today. Plus, Diamond have every right to have priority, and getting a VQ never guarantees you an auto. That has always been the case.

On another note, why complain on here? Nothing will get done until it is too late for you.

Yeah as sucky as it is (and I understand it is really sucky), SM have long said that being a diamond pass holder is the only way to confirm an auto. Having a VQ ticket gives you a chance but that is it. For the two guests you have mentioned, it was very unlikely that they would get on to VQs, as they are so popular. If this isn't your first time, you must have realised this going in, just based on exclusivity of the guest and the busy nature of the day

Sm aren't really being greedy, the demand is there and they sold it. That's buisness.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

they always make it clear its not guaranteed as they dont know how fast/slow guest will sign and they also always say vq most likely at end of day too.  how are they being unfair?  i dont see it.   seems clear to me hiw it works

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, spymaster said:

So what exactly is the point of handing out VQ tickets for Benedict Cumberbatch autographs when 450 (!) Diamond passes have been sold (at around £220 that's around £100,000 incidentally) meaning that zero VQ holders will even have the priviledge of queuing?

Ditto John Cleese who's queue, we are promised, might open to standard ticket holders at around 5:15. I stress "might".

As autographs go this is easily the worst LFCC I can remember.

Not getting diamond pass for CL is also pointless for even 3 days is pointless as he is slow

11 minutes ago, spymaster said:

So £100 - £200 (Diamond prices) is the new going rate for autos now? 

i think if you check DP cover more than autos and does me less time in queues etc.... your point isnt really valid.

15 minutes ago, spymaster said:

Diamond passes means SM can bring in these guests in the first place. Benedict is white hot at the moment being in a very successful TV show, a villian in Star Trek and a freaking Marvel superhero. Did you really expect any less? The price is too rich for my blood, but I completely get it.

Remember, SM isn't a charity. They have to turn a profit in order to lure in the guests and keep holding events. 

I've seen prices for rival cons and SM is cheap in comparison for like for like guests. I wont name and shame but it's out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spymaster said:

Absolutely yes, they are. Doesn't mean you have to pay it though.

I remember the ol' days at conventions when autographs were free. I also remember (and no disrespect here by any means) the kind of guests you had! As someone has rightly said, Mr Cumberbatch is essentially one of the biggest British stars right now in TV and movies. Is it expensive to get an autograph? Yep. That's why I haven't got one. It's not a question of fairness, it's a question of choices. You can not make everyone happy. I miss the SM events when everyone was £10-15, but then it's nice to see what guests they are getting even if 99% of the time they are at a price level I wouldn't be willing to pay!

VQ worked out well for me today. I wanted to see Trica Helfer, Tom Skerritt, Mark Sheppard and Alan Tudyk (still amazed that the truly wonderful Veronica Cartwright and John Rhys Davis weren't VQ guests...). I got low VQ numbers, and lucked out. I had met the 17 people I wanted to see today by 12:30. That said, I was queuing up outside at 7am with my general entry ticket. It was worth it.

You can not make everyone happy. These events now are too big (and expensive). The diamond guests, the likes of Mr Cumberbatch, yeah you are going to have to get a Diamond pass. It is the way of the world now.

We got there early got vq for Benedict Ccumberbatch no 97  told to come back at 3.45 we did stopped us going in with 4 in front of us with vq it was bad luck we will try again tomorrow but couldn't believe the abuse staff got  wasn't fair on them I don't like getting my picture taken that's why I don't buy diamond pass have asked Sm to look a different pass for the people who want that but still great day crew at Kevin Smith great  still got 10 autographs 3 of them diamond plus about 15 comics signed you get what you want from the  con just some people are unrealistic and shellfish 

Edited by Clyde
Grammar
  • Like 1