Batch confusion

There seems to be a bit of confusion with batches today, I have had about 6 photoshoots and each time the queueing doesn't involve batches...

For example Edge and Christian duo shot, it was a huge crowd and when asking crew which batches they were calling they said "all of them".

Same with Gemma Whelan now, were standing behind about 200 people with a Batch 1 photoshoot, and we're going to be last in because it's now first come first served.

Has this officially changed now or is this not meant to happen?

All batches being called would just apply if you arrive at the end of the shoot.

Once a batch has been called it's indeed first come first served. I'm not entirely sure I am understanding the Gemma situation correct.

Was this a problem at a specific area? I need to be as specific as possible when I forward such things.

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

All batches being called would just apply if you arrive at the end of the shoot.

I was at John Rhys-Davies shoot before it started. We were called forward as a lump not in batches. (My ticket was B3, so I was expecting to have to wait a little while, but had no where else to be at that point in time)

This was at Photo D this morning (10:20 ish shoot I think... feels like DAYS ago)

Edited by fissijo

8 minutes ago, fissijo said:

I was at John Rhys-Davies shoot before it started. We were called forward as a lump not in batches. (My ticket was B3, so I was expecting to have to wait a little while, but had no where else to be at that point in time)

This was at Photo D this morning (10:20 ish shoot I think... feels like DAYS ago)

Thank you. That information helps a lot. Guest and area will do, but adding the time is perfect.

Hi QS, sorry I'll clarify the Gemma situation, basically I had a Batch 1 ticket but the person running the shoot wasnt calling batches, just putting whoever was nearest to him into the queue lines.

In the above quoted situations I arrived at every photoshoot today at the beginning of the session, early in most cases

Edge and Christian was the morning session at Photo C, Gemma's was the PM session at photo F

My mum was at Bernard Cribbins at 11:05 also in photo area D. Like above all were called together, no queue lines until a pit boss realised and organised it. She did mention this at the info desk however as this has been mentioned on here thought I would add to discussion. 

16 minutes ago, Dobbin11 said:

It's been a bit hit and miss with batches at the shoots. Some where excellent, Chris Judge and Kevin Smith AM shoot and Benedict Cumberbums shoot. Others where poor, Matt Lucas PM was particularly bad.

Agree with Matt Lucas in the afternoon. It was just one big bundle. The poor lady in the blue shirt really did try her best but I think the crowd may have just intimidated her. Certainly the backing of a red shirt would have been very helpful on that one.

1 hour ago, LSM said:

Agree with Matt Lucas in the afternoon. It was just one big bundle. The poor lady in the blue shirt really did try her best but I think the crowd may have just intimidated her. Certainly the backing of a red shirt would have been very helpful on that one.

Did feel sorry for the "blue shirt" as she needed help from someone during the Matt Lucas shoot but I felt she handled well considering some of the grief she was getting. Why can't people just stand outside the queueing areas......