Feedback - Saturday problems and other things

Hiya all..

Our 1st time at this event' some prep work had gone into it for a while as I'm not in great health' 2 young children' travelling on coach..

Loved the 2 days we were there But more importantly the children enjoyed it and said they would love to go back..

BUT' a couple of things annoyed me, you wait for 40mins in a queue on crutches with young children' get to the actor then see sign" No posed photos" OK not a problem so not being rude we don't ask OK' BUT then at the same time member of staff with actor trying to hurry us up' Erm hello" I just paid £60 I would like to get a word out if possible..

Then after a week you see actor posing for photos at table?..

We waited in the Peter mayhew queue also on sunday"  next to him was Emily from walking dead' on her back board it said 'No posed photos' we then noticed a young lad got to the table with camera ready and asked if he Could have picture but was told no.So with member of staff went back to table where he paid his money" and got his money back. This I thought was a great idea and very fair. 

So when we queued up for Alan Tudyk £40 signature" and as we got closer to paying table' the Mrs saw it said NO PHOTOS' so we asked a lady in red t-shirt" can we just get a picture of him signing item" she came back and said no, BUT if you got to the table and then asked he might say yes" so I asked" if he says no can we go bk to paying table and get money back" and she replied ' OH NO' we told you that it is no photos so that's your own Fault" so we told her what happened at Emilys table and still said NO you won't get money back..HOW about a bit of common sense from some people when others bent over backwards to help others out' maybe a few Job worths I'm afraid.

SO then again days later we then see this person in posed pictures at table..

Also with the Emperor' stated no photos and then again walking through Sunday posing for selfies.

So on this' I think next year I will pay the money and then ask politely if I can JUST get picture of item signed if possible. 

ON a great note' the gold entrance on the Saturday and sunday' the lads/ girls who helped me out as on crutches with acrushed spine' Mrs and 2 young children" we can't thank you enough for all your help and support in getting in" absolutely top notch service and great to see that some in society still have " common sense" to call upon..

CHEERS all..

2 minutes ago, Yodster74 said:

Hiya all..

Our 1st time at this event' some prep work had gone into it for a while as I'm not in great health' 2 young children' travelling on coach..

Loved the 2 days we were there But more importantly the children enjoyed it and said they would love to go back..

BUT' a couple of things annoyed me, you wait for 40mins in a queue on crutches with young children' get to the actor then see sign" No posed photos" OK not a problem so not being rude we don't ask OK' BUT then at the same time member of staff with actor trying to hurry us up' Erm hello" I just paid £60 I would like to get a word out if possible..

We waited in the Peter mayhew queue also on sunday"  next to him was Emily from walking dead' on her back board it said 'No posed photos' we then noticed a young lad got to the table with camera ready and asked if he Could have picture but was told no.So with member of staff went back to table where he paid his money" and got his money back. This I thought was a great idea and very fair. 

So when we queued up for Alan Tudyk £40 signature" and as we got closer to paying table' the Mrs saw it said NO PHOTOS' so we asked a lady in red t-shirt" can we just get a picture of him signing item" she came back and said no, BUT if you got to the table and then asked he might say yes" so I asked" if he says no can we go bk to paying table and get money back" and she replied ' OH NO' we told you that it is no photos so that's your own Fault" so we told her what happened at Emilys table and still said NO you won't get money back..HOW about a bit of common sense from some people when others bent over backwards to help others out' maybe a few Job worths I'm afraid.

Also with the Emperor' stated no photos and then again walking through Sunday posing for selfies.

So on this' I think next year I will pay the money and then ask politely if I can JUST get picture of item signed if possible. 

ON a great note' the gold entrance on the Saturday and sunday' the lads/ girls who helped me out as on crutches with acrushed spine' Mrs and 2 young children" we can't thank you enough for all your help and support in getting in" absolutely top notch service and great to see that some in society still have " common sense" to call upon..

CHEERS all..

-> Merged with main feedback topic

I'm very sorry you felt mislead. However, you pay for the autograph and the autograph only. Pictures at the table are a bonus. The situation about on the table pictures may change during the day, sometimes even several times. It will most certainly change during the weekend - Saturday is the most busy day and it is very much more likely there that a guest is no photos.

That refund you said you saw happening was probably a good will gesture because the attendee was a child. If everything would go strictly by the rules that refund wouldn't have happened for the reasons I outlined above. So yes, common sense was used - an exception was made for a kid who may not even have asked at the table like you did.

If the signs are up please respect them and don't ask. This only keeps up the line and it may get you more "no" response that you felt were rude.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yodster74 said:

Hiya all..

CHEERS all..

dont want to sound bad here... but when getting an autograph thats exactly what you are paying for an autograph.   only way to guarantee a photo is purchasing one as its always made clear guests choice to allow photos or not.   your arguement can also be turned other way --- as someone who buys photo ops i find it unfair people can get one for free sometimes at auto desk.

But i dont really mind... just showing how it  can be seen from other perspective.

Edited by HeartDT
  • Like 2

Hello Queen.

Thanks for replying. No it wasn't a child with Emily it was a grown up.

I thought that the fact that he was polite enough to ask and then be told No sorry was OK. 

To go bk to the desk and to hand his ticket over and get his money bk' we thought that was great' a nice touch..

6 minutes ago, Yodster74 said:

Hello Queen.

Thanks for replying. No it wasn't a child with Emily it was a grown up.

I thought that the fact that he was polite enough to ask and then be told No sorry was OK. 

To go bk to the desk and to hand his ticket over and get his money bk' we thought that was great' a nice touch..

i think they were just lucky to get refund.  not sure why they would have as not entitled to one tbh as clearly just purchasing an auto... no where does it say auto and right to have a selfie.   

Hello

Heart dt.

Having a photo of a item being signed is important to me' it's my proof of that item being signed FOR my collection only, but then when the time is right for me to then pass on to my children.

The problem is unfortunately THAT to many people judge a lot of us the same THAT we all get a photo of a signature on a item and then when we all get home WE put on ebay for £1million pound..

The children had saved up money for Alan' and had got a massive cardboard figure of his character in Rogue one to be signed but when told no' I said no sorry' a picture of a item being signed while I'm standing there' surely can't be no great hardship BUT I understand people's views to yes or no..

I'm a massive football supporter and been collecting autographs for years on my programmes or shirts or whatever but always try to get a picture' well' if fast enough these days..lol..

1 minute ago, Yodster74 said:

Hello

Heart dt.

Having a photo of a item being signed is important to me' it's my proof of that item being signed FOR my collection only, but then when the time is right for me to then pass on to my children.

The problem is unfortunately THAT to many people judge a lot of us the same THAT we all get a photo of a signature on a item and then when we all get home WE put on ebay for £1million pound..

The children had saved up money for Alan' and had got a massive cardboard figure of his character in Rogue one to be signed but when told no' I said no sorry' a picture of a item being signed while I'm standing there' surely can't be no great hardship BUT I understand people's views to yes or no..

I'm a massive football supporter and been collecting autographs for years on my programmes or shirts or whatever but always try to get a picture' well' if fast enough these days..lol..

hi and I do get that.   personally i dont see issue with non posed photo of them signing item but i guess constantly having flashes etc might get to some (most people dont bother turning flashes off) or it can be down to time constraints for busy guests.  lots different factors. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yodster74 said:

So what does a photo op cost to a auto desk.

Is auto desk to what I do' a picture of item being signed..

Sorry for silly question but new to all this..

Thanks 

There's three possible signs:

no photos - no photos at all

no posed photos - no photos of you with the guest, but of the guest when signing is okay

no flash photography - self explanatory.

There is no charge for a photo at the table if no sign is up, doesn't matter if guest posing with you or of guest signing your item.

20 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

hi and I do get that.   personally i dont see issue with non posed photo of them signing item but i guess constantly having flashes etc might get to some (most people dont bother turning flashes off) or it can be down to time constraints for busy guests.  lots different factors. 

Not only time constraint - can cause health issues as well.

I was a guest assistant at one show and I had one of my worst migraines ever from all the flashes, and the cameras were directed at him.

• Like 1

We saw Christopher Lloyd with 2 signs.

1 on the bk board saying no posed photos 

And then 

1 on the table saying no photos.

Some lads who were all together pointed this out to Mr Lloyd and the helper.

The sign on table was removed and all seemed OK. 

Hi.

So do the actors who say' No photos at the tables'

Do they also say NO to the proper photo shoots with' high intensity bright lighting' "Pamela from what I've heard alot say" and then flashing going off..

Pamela chose that lighting... the rest of the shoots were ok.  and can you imagine having a 30 min photo shoot schedule then also having everyone at the autos asking for photos too.  i think anyone would get a sire head after a while...whereas if its only their scheduled photo shoots least usually split and a short period at a time. so difference there.

4 minutes ago, Yodster74 said:

Hi.

So do the actors who say' No photos at the tables'

Do they also say NO to the proper photo shoots with' high intensity bright lighting' "Pamela from what I've heard alot say" and then flashing going off..

It's not always the actors. Sometimes the agents press the decisions. Sometimes the decision is made by crew in the area because the lines get too long and they want to make sure the lines keep moving and most attendees who travelled actually get to meet the guest and get their autograph. All guests you have named had very long lines all weekend.

Photos in lines take a lot of time. Camera flash malfunctioning. Someone blinks. Or worse, someone doesn't get the camera to work at all. The goal is to keep photography possible as much as possible, but with the event the size of LFACC for the bigger guests it is a very rare exception.

A professionally set up shoot is completely different thing. Twice as valid for Pamela with her special request. If she insists on a set up she better knows how she reacts to it. ;)

• Like 1

We saw Christopher Lloyd with 2 signs.

1 on the bk board saying no posed photos 

And then 

1 on the table saying no photos.

Some lads who were all together pointed this out to Mr Lloyd and the helper.

The sign on table was removed and all seemed OK. 

This was bery likely because of the changes that can happen throughout the day that can happen. The situation had relaxed enough to at least allow photos of the guests, and someone did not realize the photo in the back had not been updated.

3 minutes ago, Yodster74 said:

Hi.

All this will make next year's more easy to understand then for a newbie like myself.

Might try and do the Friday then if queues not as big or busy so a chance of a photo might be more possible. 

if its quieter it is more likely but not guaranteed.  I always go with the thinking  no photos at autograph tables but if turns out there is then its a bonus  :)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice. Have dates been set for next year's event yet please.

Soon I know' lol"but when do guests start getting named.

Thx

Yep, last weekend in July. 

And they're announced as and when contracts are signed. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming

Queen_Sindel, my issue with the prop shoot is that it wasn't clear what props were available for the Gold pass voucher. I ended up wasting it sitting in the Star Trek chair when I'd really not have. I had a similar issue last year, when I wanted to redeem the voucher only to be told that it wasn't valid for a particular prop. I think in all honesty the prop voucher is another one of those things that can be scrapped from the Gold Pass. If I were able, I'd buy you a drink to thank you for trying to resolve everyone's issues on here. :D

Edited by MAGIC MONKEY
Spelling error

7 hours ago, MAGIC MONKEY said:

Queen_Sindel, my issue with the prop shoot is that it wasn't clear what props were available for the Gold pass voucher. I ended up wasting it sitting in the Star Trek chair when I'd really not have. I had a similar issue last year, when I wanted to redeem the voucher only to be told that it wasn't valid for a particular prop. I think in all honesty the prop voucher is another one of those things that can be scrapped from the Gold Pass. If I were able, I'd buy you a drink to thank you for trying to resolve everyone's issues on here. :D

The £5 prop photo voucher was for any prop shoot that was £5...eg Groot.  The voucher clearly said £5 prop shoot voucher.

I have a new broken record. It's "what HeartDT said." ;)

The voucher was marked as 5 Pounds. I thought that was pretty clear too. Last year there was one shoot (I want to say one of the cars) that wasn't run by SM as a prop shoot, hence they did not accept the voucher.

• Like 1