Feedback - Saturday problems and other things

having skimmed through this thread i thought gold passes meant that holders could join the end of any queue? am i missing something? why are golds having to get VQ tix anyway when surely they dont need them?

hope things were better for people today though.

1 minute ago, josh-hammond said:

having skimmed through this thread i thought gold passes meant that holders could join the end of any queue? am i missing something? why are golds having to get VQ tix anyway when surely they dont need them?

hope things were better for people today though.

Gold Pass holders need VQ tickets for any diamond guests.... they do not need VQs for non diamond guests.

5 minutes ago, josh-hammond said:

wow. never knew that. learn something new every day

yeah its why that 5 min or so earlier entry before GA means so much to Gold pass holders as goves us chamce to get VQs early  for the diamond guests   :)

Edited by HeartDT

Guys, a huge request: I've left this open and certainly have no intention to close this because a lot of good feedback came in. I also understand that some attendees were upset by some things, and I am sorry you feel that way. The crew are all volunteers and yes, sometimes even a Pit Boss may crack under stress. This is especially true because this year seems to have brought in a fair number of animals disguised as attendees. (See, I can borrow colorful descriptions too. ;))

But there is absolutely no need to be rude or start name calling when you think a crew member has wronged you. A factual description of what happened will do just as well as a seemingly "colorful" or "funny" one.

• Like 1

I maybe wrong here but I think the GA entry got in early because of the restricted queueing space around Olympia.

We arrived at about 8.30am on Saturday morning and we were ushered towards the waiting queue at the side of Olympia (the next side to the railway lines). There is only a limited space along that side of Olympia and there were alot of people arriving at that time. So space was running out quickly and the queue management staff were constantly asking for people to bunch up.

The queue management were not allowing GA to queue infront of Olympia along the main road. It was simply too dangerous with the width of the pavement, the amount of GA queuing and the consideration required other members of the general public along that pavement. So, people were moved in batches from one side of Olympia to another not allowed to stop along the main road, so it freed up space in the holding area next to the rail lines.

On the other side of Olympia, again there is limited queueing space, so I suspect when the area was getting full.

Regardless though, a solution needs to be implemented for next year so that Gold passes get in first. I have never got a gold pass previously, but I respect the right of the Gold pass holders to get in first given what they have paid for them.

I arrived to the GA queue about 8:55am Saturday and the holding area wasn't full, so I would say it was unlikely they let them in early because of that (there was a whole line of queuing space left when I joined)

Agree with Saturday auto area being too busy and stuffy. Trying to get down the Cumberbatch/Dormer/Pamela aisle was a nightmare. 

Maybe next year put a couple of the biggest guests like Cumberbatch & Pamela upstairs on floor 3 to free up the space & prevent constant fan paparazzo clogging up the area. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Guys, a huge request: I've left this open and certainly have no intention to close this because a lot of good feedback came in. I also understand that some attendees were upset by some things, and I am sorry you feel that way. The crew are all volunteers and yes, sometimes even a Pit Boss may crack under stress. This is especially true because this year seems to have brought in a fair number of animals disguised as attendees. (See, I can borrow colorful descriptions too. ;))

But there is absolutely no need to be rude or start name calling when you think a crew member has wronged you. A factual description of what happened will do just as well as a seemingly "colorful" or "funny" one.

Hi Queen Sindel,

I assume this is in response to my earlier posted & i apologize if my description of the staff I referred to is classed as insulting. I noted general quirks and traits as no names were visible on uniforms. Any feedback I gave was meant as that and having worked in various customer facing roles I have personally been described as a lot worse. 

Sorry once again

6 minutes ago, Jemzamia said:

Agree with Saturday auto area being too busy and stuffy. Trying to get down the Cumberbatch/Dormer/Pamela aisle was a nightmare. 

Maybe next year put a couple of the biggest guests like Cumberbatch & Pamela upstairs on floor 3 to free up the space & prevent constant fan paparazzo clogging up the area. 

Good suggestion.

Even major guests off to the side in large rooms like Sigourney Weaver was.

Unless it's a cost thing of course and it's more £ for SM to spend on the venue for those large extra rooms / halls ?

I have to say this year's was more manic than last year's, probably due to my autograph/photoshoot choices.

One positive thing I can say was that, cosplaying as the Seventh Doctor, I wasn't sweating as much as I did in 2015 (although I only went for one day at year, compared to all three this year).

Edited by Sebster118

14 minutes ago, Voorhees79 said:

Hi Queen Sindel,

I assume this is in response to my earlier posted & i apologize if my description of the staff I referred to is classed as insulting. I noted general quirks and traits as no names were visible on uniforms. Any feedback I gave was meant as that and having worked in various customer facing roles I have personally been described as a lot worse. 

Sorry once again

Not only you, but your post was a part of that group, yes.

I'm sorry to hear you were called worse. But we consider crew family and the mods here will always have the back of our family.

The names are on the crew badges by the way.

5 minutes ago, S.H.R.E.K said:

Good suggestion.

Even major guests off to the side in large rooms like Sigourney Weaver was.

Unless it's a cost thing of course and it's more £ for SM to spend on the venue for those large extra rooms / halls ?

The number of these rooms is unfortunately very limited and some are used for other purposes during the event already.

• Like 1

It would seem that there is a conflict of information regarding Gold passes and VQ tickets. On the Friday I got my VQ ticket before 9am and I managed to get low ones so that by the end of the day I managed to see who I wanted to. However today it appears that for some guests the VQ tickets were being handed out earlier and then for some the crew person was hanging on until 9am to hand them out. Surely those holding the Gold pass should be given the VQ ticket as soon as they are in the autograph area? Also there was almost a repeat of yesterday in Gold pass holders entering the same time as general entry. I thought that the security would open the doors at 8:45-8:50 to allow Gold pass holders to get bag checked and then ready to enter the event. For some reason they didn't open up the doors until almost 8:55am. Surely something has fallen down somewhere in things being communicated about Gold pass holders having priority access? Just my two pence on the matter.

27 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Not only you, but your post was a part of that group, yes.

I'm sorry to hear you were called worse. But we consider crew family and the mods here will always have the back of our family.

The names are on the crew badges by the way.

Sorry didn't see a name and I do appreciate that the job is stressful but I truly feel  (my descriptions aside) that I gave praise where deserved and made some valid points. By no means is the customer always right but if they've paid money they at least deserve some service and respect even if you cant answer their question.

Thanks again Queen Sindel.

Sorry if Im to much of an animal for you :P

4 minutes ago, Voorhees79 said:

Sorry didn't see a name and I do appreciate that the job is stressful but I truly feel  (my descriptions aside) that I gave praise where deserved and made some valid points. By no means is the customer always right but if they've paid money they at least deserve some service and respect even if you cant answer their question.

Thanks again Queen Sindel.

Sorry if Im to much of an animal for you :P

I am making a list of issues everyone has given, yours too. I am just leaving out the all too colorful parts. ;)

Our crew are all volunteers and not all of them are used to dealing with having people screech at you because of 20 different things. Sometimes things can go wrong, and sometimes people can react wrong. We are all humans. The crew can feel mistreated too. And if they feel that way they might not come back, and that means all kinds of trouble.

So, for my experience this year at LFFC...

all kinds : good, wonderfull, bad, and very bad...

I know in one week , i will forgot all the bad things, and just remembrr the good ones. It was a terrific week end, meeting awesome guests ! For that, thanks a lot SM and all the crew !!!

But...

I have a goldpass

DP tom wilson, DP Benedict Cumberbach, DP Mads Mikkelsen

14 photoshoots

For me, my goldpass was not so usefull... 

Friday, entranve ok (5min before GA)

Saturday, well, GA enter before me...

Sunday (I enter 5min earlier, but the crew don't give me VQ untill 9am for Christopher Lloyd, so I was stuck !

VQ tickets and Goldpass... great idea ! Unless not all the guests have a VQ ticket 

So, long queue to get guests from Rogue One, Dave Prowse !!!

Why !? Why you don't VQ all the guest ? 

For Dave Prowse, I join (i have the goldpass privilege) to join the back of the queue... of 50 persons.

So... I queue... and when after 40min it's my turn. Dave goes on photoshoot!!!!

i said to the crew they have to cut the line before doing that !!!

response : " it's not my job to do that"

my goldpass is used to get 2 autograph : Ian mcdiarmid, and Mark Williams

i can't get David bradley because there is a too long queue !

red shirt don't let me in the queue with my goldpass !!??

Goldpass is really a lot of money to accept this kind of stuff

but for DP it was great ! Supernguest ! :-)

thanks for the week end !!! Great work !!! Hipe to come next year !!!

i agree diamonds it was fab, everyone else not so much! gold pass got me to the back of every single queue apart from tom who they took us too the photo table for. Kevin smith we was waiting for ever even with a diamond. 

5 minutes ago, pinkxxl said:

i agree diamonds it was fab, everyone else not so much! gold pass got me to the back of every single queue apart from tom who they took us too the photo table for. Kevin smith we was waiting for ever even with a diamond. 

Gold passes mean you are called first for photos (exception diamond guest where diamond passes are called forst then gold) with autos gold pass holders can join the queue of any non diamond guest without needing BQ ticket for diamond guests they need VQ ticket..... you wont go to front of auto quwue with gold just means join end if thats what you are referring to.

Edited by HeartDT

We keep saying that, but I am happy to repeat that again. A Gold Pass allows you to join the back of any line. However, if that line is closed for some reason (safety issues due to length, guest going for photoshoot) you will be asked to return.

The fine print may have to get longer at this rate considering how much this keeps coming up.

I was actually a fan of the placement of the Photo Shoot and Signing Areas for this event, especially as I had 5 Shoots that either overlapped or out right clashed, there would have been a problem getting some of them done if the C and D had not been side by side. it makes very little difference where you put them, Attendees are always going to congregate around them as they are waiting to be called for their batch or arriving for the next shoot. Yes maybe not having the main stage there would of opened up the area but I am not sure where you could put it, certainly would hate it if we go back to the fast walking from floor to floor, Hall to Hall of  the previous events. On a Side note Crew Running C&D Queing extremely helpfully, Crew on A&B even better ( old hats at it if memory serves me right )

2 minutes ago, scifisteve said:

I was actually a fan of the placement of the Photo Shoot and Signing Areas for this event, especially as I had 5 Shoots that either overlapped or out right clashed, there would have been a problem getting some of them done if the C and D had not been side by side. it makes very little difference where you put them, Attendees are always going to congregate around them as they are waiting to be called for their batch or arriving for the next shoot. Yes maybe not having the main stage there would of opened up the area but I am not sure where you could put it, certainly would hate it if we go back to the fast walking from floor to floor, Hall to Hall of  the previous events. On a Side note Crew Running C&D Queing extremely helpfully, Crew on A&B even better ( old hats at it if memory serves me right )

Agreed i dodnt think it was a big issue.  it was busy but as you say people wi congregate no matter where the photo areas are.