Feedback - Saturday problems and other things

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

But still first hand explanation of what happened are kind of helpful to ensure it does not happen again. ;)

Surely someone must have given the 'Go' signal for GA. So really the SM should be aware that GA went early?

We were about five lines back queuing on Gold, I'd say that started letting gold's in at 8.50am, or slightly before. We were 3/4 of the way up the main hall heading toward the stairs to get the guest area when the GA admissions were let in. It was 8.55. The GAs just started to run for the stairs to get to the guest area. The result w as that a mass of running people hit the stairwell and that's when the pushing started and the running upstairs. 

Putting aside the time GA opened, my opinion (and it is just that) is that the GAs flooded the area rather than  being let in in waves. This caused frustration and pushing at the pinch points - stairwells and guest queues - as people tried to get to the VQ tickets. Also, the lack of security along the main routes meant people went unchecked who were running through the corridors and stairs.

So that's a summary of the issue / problem from this morning as I see it. As some said, it seemed a tad churlish to go and complain there and then because what was done was done and I'm sure they had issues throughout the day that needed action.

1 minute ago, Tom Beaker said:

Putting aside the time GA opened, my opinion (and it is just that) is that the GAs flooded the area rather than  being let in in waves. This caused frustration and pushing at the pinch points - stairwells and guest queues - as people tried to get to the VQ tickets. Also, the lack of security along the main routes meant people went unchecked who were running through the corridors and stairs.

I hope this is sorted by tommorow :blink:

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I have reported what was posted here and got a message it was being checked. That is all I can keep saying at the moment.

It definitely never has been that bad that security along the main routes was necessary.

Thanks for your efforts QS.. we know you arent even at the con and appreciate you passing this on.   but I do echo the above it was getting to dangerous stage with shoving and major pushing at the main guest signing areas with people trying to get VQs.

I'm sorry but letting Gold Pass members in 5 minutes early is not hard. Yet somehow every year it's something Showmasters fail on. 

We were hearing in the line that GE had done all bag checks before we had even started.

I just don't get it...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I have reported what was posted here and got a message it was being checked. That is all I can keep saying at the moment.

It definitely never has been that bad that security along the main routes was necessary.

QS your doing an awesome job, and thank you.

I'm trying my best, thank you. That way at least I don't feel totally useless when having to stay back again.

A part of these reports really scared me. There's always been some people running, but this year seems to have brought the worst out in some attendees. :/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Thanks for your efforts QS.. we know you arent even at the con and appreciate you passing this on.   but I do echo the above it was getting to dangerous stage with shoving and major pushing at the main guest signing areas with people trying to get VQs.

As I said in the post above, that has never happened before from what I recall - and I worked handing out VQ tickets at some shows. It's certainly never been reported here.

I'm sure teh staff at the venue will try to figure out something for tomorrow, and if not this will definitely be on the priority list for the coming shows.

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm trying my best, thank you. That way at least I don't feel totally useless when having to stay back again.

A part of these reports really scared me. There's always been some people running, but this year seems to have brought the worst out in some attendees. :/

Agreed QS was worrying.  never seen it like that.   we got a VQ for Kevin Smith (only one we needed thankfully) and my husband said lets get out of this area as it could turn bad and he was worried for me.  thankfully it didnt on this occassion.

Edited by HeartDT

7 minutes ago, BenJones90 said:

I'm sorry but letting Gold Pass members in 5 minutes early is not hard. Yet somehow every year it's something Showmasters fail on. 

We were hearing in the line that GE had done all bag checks before we had even started.

I just don't get it...

General Entry passes the bag check before they get in the holding area, that is correct.

The entrance is handled by the venue staff and yes, they seem to be prone to miscommunications. Maybe it's really time to go back to the old system and have the Gold People enter through a separate door at the main entrance. That's how it has been done at Earls Court. If anyone has seen another entrance at the venue that may be an alternative to be used as a "holding area" for Gold Passes please let me know. I will be happy to include that info with my list.

• Like 3

Yes they where let 3 minutes early and some of the rabble that I saw acting like animals to get vq tickets had nice nice golden wrists being able to afford these passes doesn't show the in behaviour of some the staff behaviour  was excellent even though they had a lot to put up with

4 minutes ago, Clyde said:

Yes they where let 3 minutes early and some of the rabble that I saw acting like animals to get vq tickets had nice nice golden wrists being able to afford these passes doesn't show the in behaviour of some the staff behaviour  was excellent even though they had a lot to put up with

My husband and me were at the front of gold queue so pretty much first in when gold let in around 8.55 and GA were already in as we were halfway to stairs.   As early entry is a selling point it should happen and when it does doesnt mean GA should be let.in at same early time or means Gold arent getting in early.     I do agree tho the behaviour would be both gold and GA i would never say otherwide.

Edited by HeartDT

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

But still first hand explanation of what happened are kind of helpful to ensure it does not happen again. ;)

I do understand where you're coming from, and if it were something that could be corrected immediately, I'd do it.  But what is it going to achieve on the day?  The fait is accompli, and I'm sure the crew has rather more urgent issues than having to put up with my disgruntled mug talking about something about which they can do absolutely nothing for the present.  May as well use my time on constructive things like DP collection, photos and autos and save my thoughts on initial entry for the feedback threads.  Unless, you know, DeLorean. :P 

4 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

I do understand where you're coming from, and if it were something that could be corrected immediately, I'd do it.  But what is it going to achieve on the day?  The fait is accompli, and I'm sure the crew has rather more urgent issues than having to put up with my disgruntled mug talking about something about which they can do absolutely nothing for the present.  May as well use my time on constructive things like DP collection, photos and autos and save my thoughts on initial entry for the feedback threads.  Unless, you know, DeLorean. :P 

There's still tomorrow though. Sorry, I was working under the assumption most Gold Pass holders attend all weekend.

It will be easier for Jason to yell at venue staff (usually him doing the yelling in such cases) throughout the day and not 9 PM at night or later when someone reads my messages and they're being made aware of the problem.

No one wants a repeat tomorrow, right?

p.s. absolutely no complaints re the way things were handled at the GP entrance.  Pre-scanning was done in good time, the security guys whisked us through like lightning.  It's just that the general entry lot were faster.

Oh, and I'd just like to say that I was very polite when collecting my VQTs, waiting my turn and saying thank you and whatnot, despite being somewhat discombobulated by the general entry horde.  :P  I even remember (eventually) finding Conleth Hill's table and seeing The Artist Who was Once 1of2 But I Suspect No Longer Is, trotting up to him and saying cheerfully, "Hello!  is Conleth not doing virtual queue tickets, then?"

He Who Was Probably Formerly 1of2: [grinning] "Over there." *points to scrum in front of virtual queue area that I have completely bypassed*

Me: "Waaaagh!"

;)

• Like 1

The artist formally known as 1of2 is still known under that name, 1of2. :lol: Just hasn't been on here forever because of RL.

I forwarded that info about the scrums and running and made it clear that the Gold Pass issues seem to have been caused by someone moving the standard entrance into a different time zone. I've also requested confirmation on Gemma Wheelan attending tomorrow. If I am still missing something yell please.

I was personally over the moon with the queing the system for General entry, it wasn't before 9am either it was bang on 9am. 

The disabled people went in a couple of minutes before, but it was bang on 9.

of course the is going To be hussle and bussel trying to get the VQs. People have qued from 4am.. it's a race to get your VQs and it's part and parcel of the enjoyment of the weekend tbf.

obviously I sympathise with people who are not fast on there feet, bring on tomorrow 

Edited by Baggieboi

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

There's still tomorrow though. Sorry, I was working under the assumption most Gold Pass holders attend all weekend.

It will be easier for Jason to yell at venue staff (usually him doing the yelling in such cases) throughout the day and not 9 PM at night or later when someone reads my messages and they're being made aware of the problem.

No one wants a repeat tomorrow, right?

I concede your point, and your assumption is correct in my case.  I must confess that I'm turning up just after 9am tomorrow so hadn't considered those poor buggers who might be in said position....!  I shall try to be more responsible on their behalf next time.  Possibly.  Because let's face it, this is all about ME. ;)

Also, I swear I saw someone posting with 1of2's profile pic but a completely different name, hence the confusion!

5 minutes ago, CosmicAvatar said:

I concede your point, and your assumption is correct in my case.  I must confess that I'm turning up just after 9am tomorrow so hadn't considered those poor buggers who might be in said position....!  I shall try to be more responsible on their behalf next time.  Possibly.  Because let's face it, this is all about ME. ;)

Also, I swear I saw someone posting with 1of2's profile pic but a completely different name, hence the confusion!

You're correct, there is a relatively new user with the same profile pic. But new user. Not same user with a name change. We can't make the moderator avatars exclusive. :lol:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

General Entry passes the bag check before they get in the holding area, that is correct.

The entrance is handled by the venue staff and yes, they seem to be prone to miscommunications. Maybe it's really time to go back to the old system and have the Gold People enter through a separate door at the main entrance. That's how it has been done at Earls Court. If anyone has seen another entrance at the venue that may be an alternative to be used as a "holding area" for Gold Passes please let me know. I will be happy to include that info with my list.

Golds had a different entrance QS it was the main entrance opposite the station outside.

Because we were outside the bag check happened when they opened the doors at 8:50 so the extra 10 min we had got taken up waiting to be checked 

It think its the furthest away from the guest area you could be but might be wrong 

Oh and GA started coming in at 8:55 by my watch

The people handing out some of the VQ's made us wait till 9am before handing them out and GA people were standing next to me 

Edited by Dreamweaver187
  • Like 1

I have a gold pass. This morning when we went through the doors and were crossing the hall I looked up and saw soooo many general entry attendees on the floor above and they were all running to get VQTs. I still had to cross the hall and go up the stairs and they were all ahead of me.

The crew have honestly done a fantastic job this year. They're extremely patient and every year organisation is improving. But gold passes being let in late is the one  bad thing that seriously needs to be looked at. We pay so much more than general entry just to see them a floor above and really far ahead. 

• Like 2

I was towards the end of the gold pass queue and was in the venue at 8:56.  On entering all I could see was a massive scrum of GA people heading up to the guests to get VQs.  I couldn't get anywhere near it.

So the issue was not gold pass being let in late but General admission being let in early.

I would like to say that Friday worked perfectly - gold pass were let in at 8:55, had the VQs I wanted in hand by 9:01 and vacated the area as soon as the GA was let in.

It would be easily solved by letting gold passes in 10 or 15 minutes beforehand as it takes nearly all the 5 minutes for us to get up to the VQ area.

I would echo others in saying that today looked really unsafe with some of the behaviour I saw going on.

I would also say that the main stage area and photo areas near it (ABCD) was very badly organised - no where near enough staff and I suffered a panic attack after getting caught in a mob of people.  Maybe forcing people to exit on one side of the stage only would help?  And completely separating the Main Stage queuing area from the photo areas?

i was in the general entry queue this morning. we were let into the holding area and bags were searched and we then queued up ready to go in the disabled and their careers were let in at 8.55am the when their queue was gone ge was let in 5mintues later (i know this as i looked at my watch) i walked up to the autograph hall with people running in front of me and hearing show staff and some Olympia staff saying not to run (this was ignored by some) i made my way to the Terence stamp queue to get a vq ticket for a friend only to be met by pushing and shoving by people getting a vq ticket at one point i said to people either side of me erm excuse me please and erm hang on a minute as i was squashed buy all the pushing and shoving. i  did hear a guy in another queue get a vq ticket for Christopher Lloyd shouting please stop jumping the queue and line up behind me (but again no one was listening i really think this needs to be sorted out for the next show

9 minutes ago, Dreamweaver187 said:

Golds had a different entrance QS it was the main entrance opposite the station outside.

Because we were outside the bag check happened when they opened the doors at 8:50 so the extra 10 min we had got taken up waiting to be checked 

It think its the furthest away from the guest area you could be but might be wrong 

Oh and GA started coming in at 8:55 by my watch

The people handing out some of the VQ's made us wait till 9am before handing them out and GA people were standing next to me 

Yes, I am aware of the different entrance. But I am not aware how exactly the set up there is - position of back checks etc.