Hows the Friday going?

also we didnt want to push as was told specific lighting request by pamela so not SM... but thats so unfair if they have refunded some.  will def speak to them tomorrow depending on what QS can clarify tonight.  not happy at all.

14 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

also we didnt want to push as was told specific lighting request by pamela so not SM... but thats so unfair if they have refunded some.  will def speak to them tomorrow depending on what QS can clarify tonight.  not happy at all.

It is possible that at the point you were told nothing could be done that was really the decision. This may have been reversed when attendees went to the Organisers Booth or Sales Table to complain. At that point you already had the outdated information and had left it at that. 

If you don't hear back the Sales Table would be the place to go. If they don't know - it might happen because the crew switches areas - then please check at the Organisers Booth.

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

It is possible that at the point you were told nothing could be done that was really the decision. This may have been reversed when attendees went to the Organisers Booth or Sales Table to complain. At that point you already had the outdated information and had left it at that. 

If you don't hear back the Sales Table would be the place to go. If they don't know - it might happen because the crew switches areas - then please check at the Organisers Booth.

thanks QS will do :)

Got there at just before 3pm. Already cleared many autos off the list.

So many open queues - Mads, Benedict Wong, Tom Skeritt to name a few.

Highlights were JRD who has us in stitches, Veronica Cartwright and Sarah Douglas were both awesome and Michael Madsens awesome hat. Special mention to Mads for the chat about westerns. 

Oh and the lady on the sales desk selling the Auto credits - thank you so much for spending the time to get the right denominations sorted for the rest of my autos. 

All in, top afternoon!

• Like 1

Really great day, thanks SM.

I was in the general entry queue at 7am, so was ok getting low VQs. I was amazed that Veronica Cartwright didn't need a VQ and was just an open queue! She was top of my list!

The only thing I experienced was that some of the guests were a little late (E.g. Christopher Lloyd signing after 11am, Tom Skerritt also didn't start signing till after 12pm!). Despite having 4 diamonds and an early start in the queue, I didn't get my first auto until just after 10am, so I started to worry a little.....but it all came together in the end.

After a few years attending these events, I still cannot believe how SM manage to put together the logistics where there are so many variables, and keep us all (mostly) happy!

By the way, the stalls are decent this year. Liked the Arrow DVDs stall selling old horror B movies. Good to see!!

Roll on tomorrow!

• Like 1

Haven't been to LFCC since 2015 so was very pleased with the amount it had all spread out (though still no "you are here" stickers on the map - I did mention it to one of the pit bosses who wrote it down as a suggestion though).

Got the auto's I was after and photo's went wonderfully smoothly, both area A and B were very well managed I thought and it was clear who was being called forward to queue at each time. 

• Like 1

Today was quite good. Got what I needed to done...and ended up shopping too much....whoops.

Only downside was someone dropping a empty bottle from the stairs, just missed me after bouncing off part of the table. Other than that it was fine

• Like 2

I had a fantastic day! It was so chilled out (never been on a Friday before, I can recommend it), managed to meet Mads (and Mads... and er Mads), Dean Cain (super lovely) and Chris Durand (also super lovely), plus one of my favourite authors in YALC. Great stalls, everyone seemed in a good mood and the LFCC staff were great and very helpful.

• Like 1

Also want to add the new (or new to me) entry procedure was ace - having everything scanned and done before joining the "queue" proper meant we got in mega quick after doors opened. Got to venue around 8:30, in and sat with coffee by 9:10 after grabbing VQ tickets!

1 hour ago, Ricksta said:

The only thing I experienced was that some of the guests were a little late (E.g. Christopher Lloyd signing after 11am, Tom Skerritt also didn't start signing till after 12pm!). 

As I attended today mostly for the Alien guests, I spent most of my morning waiting for Tom to show up. The crew had no idea when he was due to arrive (as well as Pamela Anderson).

Later I heard that Tom's flight had been delayed, yet he traveled straight from the airport to attend LFCC. Despite the lateness, you got to applaud him for his commitment and not cancelling Friday's appearance. He was evidently and understandably tired when I met him, but he was very kind and great to meet.

Hope he rests well tonight ready for the busiest day tomorrow. 

Got to the event quite late this afternoon. I only planned to collect passes and have a walk around.

Got gold pass no problem-crew were helpful. Didn't get my bags searched (even though I had a big black poster tube). Collected 2 diamond passes. Didn't get ID'd for diamond passes or my gold pass.

Looked around. Found a stall that had a funko pop i've been really wanting for a good price (exclusive WW2 Captain America).

My friend and I managed to meet Mads and Finn Jones who were open queue. I met Steven Yeun with a VQT of 349. Also met Emily Kinney, David Morrissey, Jessica Henwick, Benedict Wong, Alicia Witt and John Carroll Lynch who were open queue. Didn't expect to meet anyone, let alone big diamond guests. Really happy about that.

THEN we went to the Royal Court Theatre tonight and we met Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) who is in the play and she happily signed our GoT posters (so pleased about that as she's a rare signer).

Faye Marsay is also in the play and she came out of the stage door as well. And even better, it was the press night of the play so lots of famous people were there (Iain Glen, Sophie Okenedo, Noma Dumezweni). All were out at the stage door. I'd already met Iain but my friend got his GoT poster signed by him as well. What a great day!!

• Like 2

I had a very good day! 

It was great to be able to collect the Diamond Passes on Thursday, easier to start the day. It was also very well organised this year and all the staff was very friendly. 

Today, I managed to do everything I wanted to do. Got Dave Prowse, Jessica Henwick, Michael Madsen, Mads Mikkelsen and Alan Tudyk autographs. And I had photo ops with Alan Tudyk, Michael Madsen and Jessica Henwick. (There will be a thread to comment on the guests after the con, but I'm happy with everyone.) 

The organisation was good, the entrance queues much better managed than last year. Thanks for listening to our feedback. Lots of space, really easy to move around. I also thought the posters with schedules and info were very detailed this year. And all the volunteers I dealt with were awesome (except one, the female volunteer at Alan's Tudyk autograph table was very rude, shouldn't be dealing with people). Special thanks to the lovely girl managing Dave Prowse autograph queue in the morning and the helpful guy managing Jessica Henwick photo op queue! :-)