Crappy Day only LFCC keeping me going

Well ..... I left my house this morning at 3.15am to head to an event 365 miles away.   I should have arrived in plenty of time for the event however roadworks and endless road closures and a highland show event causing extra delays too I never got there!!!    i was still 1.5 hours away from event at 11am!!! and missed my slot and in all hinesty by this time having a mental tearful breakdown in my car in a layby.    i am now almost back home after leaving at 3.15 this morning 50 odd quid down on the tickets for event and also petrol.   only thoughts of LFCC keeping me going.

I was heading down to London on the train last Friday to see the sold out Hokusai exhibition at the British Museum (because I'm classy) and the train never made it past Milton Keynes due to a fatality on the line. Money lost, plus £5 for a coach home. It wasn't the thought of LFCC that cheered me up though, it was the cookies we bought on the way home. And the Red Velvet Cake. And the ice creams we ate as soon as we got back. And the pizzas we ordered for dinner.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

I was heading down to London on the train last Friday to see the sold out Hokusai exhibition at the British Museum (because I'm classy) and the train never made it past Milton Keynes due to a fatality on the line. Money lost, plus £5 for a coach home. It wasn't the thought of LFCC that cheered me up though, it was the cookies we bought on the way home. And the Red Velvet Cake. And the ice creams we ate as soon as we got back. And the pizzas we ordered for dinner.

ohh thats awful. sorry you didnt make it and sad news why.    yeah I feel your pain I put £50 diesel in my car and used almost all of it on a horrendous drive for nothing.  money I could have used for an auto at LFCC :(  

8 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

ohh thats awful. sorry you didnt make it and sad news why.    yeah I feel your pain I put £50 diesel in my car and used almost all of it on a horrendous drive for nothing.  money I could have used for an auto at LFCC :(  

Yeah, or a really huge Red Velvet Cake.

• Like 3