Guest Cancellations - Sir Derek Jacobi, Bex Taylor Klaus & Jack O Hallorhan - UPDATE ON SUPERMAN GROUP SHOT!!

Well, that's the Superman group shoot well and truly screwed. His absence will stick out like a sore thumb. I know it can't be helped but still annoying. And you just know the chances of this full group pic happening in the future in next to zero.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mr mulder said:

I'm so glad I held out for the superman 2 photo! Was going to pay cash on the day. It won't be the same without jack now, and I can't see this ever happening again. :( but just to make it clear last year with a few pulling from the bev hills cop group, no refunds were given and it went ahead. I do feel sorry for the people who paid £110 and is now missing a key part. But guests pull out all the time and it's the risk we take. I've had this happen so I buy on the day now. It will still be a rare photo as I can't see the 3 of them doing it again like that. We can hope sm pull out a last min guest as they say they can announce right up to the day before. Praying for Millie Bobbie Brown lol

Yeah.....thats why I dont book group photo shoots as always possible and no refund/reduction given which is clearly stated but still stings.  I'd love  the group shoots but too risky for me money wise.

• Like 1

the Beverly Hills Cop shoot was different again though, had John or Judge cancelled that would have been a problem but Bronson wasn't integeral to that group in the same way

with the Superman shoot, it is the 3 villains plus 1, when one of the group drops out it makes the difference

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mr mulder said:

I'm so glad I held out for the superman 2 photo! Was going to pay cash on the day. It won't be the same without jack now, and I can't see this ever happening again. :( but just to make it clear last year with a few pulling from the bev hills cop group, no refunds were given and it went ahead. I do feel sorry for the people who paid £110 and is now missing a key part. But guests pull out all the time and it's the risk we take. I've had this happen so I buy on the day now. It will still be a rare photo as I can't see the 3 of them doing it again like that. We can hope sm pull out a last min guest as they say they can announce right up to the day before. Praying for Millie Bobbie Brown lol

I am also hoping for Millie as a last second announcement!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mr mulder said:

yeah its way too much of a risk! I remember in 2015 sm saying how every year was going to be bigger and better, but last years line up was better, ok they got BC going but no real names. im still in hope that one day sm get the xfiles guys over! and even then id hold out for the group photo till the day I go to make sure one has not pulled out

It is bigger - look at the number of diamonds - but better is always going to come down to personal preference. The £10 guests interest me more the Hollywood stars personally; it could get too big and pricey for me.

Cancellations are always part of the risk, increased the earlier they are announced. Reunions also increase  the odds someone will mess it up.

Only 3 cancellations for me so far, 2 of them I have met before.

Perhaps having the event the week after the biggest (or at least most famous of its type) in the world doesn't help get bigger current names.

Hold on, in relation to the Superman group shot, why is this not being cancelled now? It has been specifically stated a few times who the group will be. Now that is minus one member and there is also no refund for O'Halloran as part of that group price. Correct?

Absolutely gutted that's 3 in 3 days that I wanted cancelled that's 7 in total can't be helped I know there is people who are worse than that but please for the sake of my heart no more 

p.s please ask can they all come next year 

With regards to the Beverley Hills Cop group photo shoot last year it was announced that it could be any three of the guests that could be in it, whereas the Superman group photo it has said by each guest the group photo. The price was expensive but reasonable when each individual guest was added up, with an extra £10 on top, whereas now it is an extra £25 on top and appears over priced. It is not the original product that people bought, so either a reduction or full refund should be offered. This year rather than having Steven Berkoff looking miserable in the photos it will be the fans.

I don't normally moan about these things as I am really greatful to be given the opportunity to meet all of these great guests, which I have done over the last few years that I have attended these events.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mr mulder said:

I would challenge that it isn't bigger or better this year. It's really all down to personal preference. I personally have double the diamond passes as I did last year (4 up from 2) and they include some massive guests that I would never dreamed of meeting (like BC, john cleese and tom wilson, who they couldn't even get for the bttf reunion in 2015). For me last year, my two diamond guests were amazing, but otherwise I can't even remember who I met (not a good use of money clearly!) I'd agree they haven't had a guest as big as MJF since 2015. But Benedict is a HUGE name nowadays with middle earth, marvel and star trek franchises in his CV. Alyson Hannigan is a big sitcom name from HIMYM (obviously got buffy and american pie  fans too; I also gather she is quite rare at UK cons) and John Cleese is a british legend doing his very first convention (i'm shocked he isn't more money). 

I'm not gonna argue that for you it's not better, because that is your opinion. But for some it's probably as good, if not better than 2015 (if you weren't into BTTF or Alien for example) 

Edited by StuartG2198

Disappointing. :(  Only bought the Superman Group shoot last night, typical!! See it's still going ahead but can't see how it can still be justified at £110

now that a key member is missing. Feel either rebate is due or option of full refund as it's not what was paid for.

Quick work on the Sir Derek Jacobi refund, mind.  

• Like 1

So sad about Derek Jacobi. I hope I get to meet him one day. Two times I got a photo op, both times he canceled :-(. I saw him in a play and during the filming of a tv show, but I would love to meet him in person! 

Edited by Marie-Loup