The Comic Zone 2017 schedules are here!

Can someone clarify on the signing schedule? In the past you've been able to meet the comics guests pretty much all day.

For example, Marv Wolfman's down as attending on all 3 days but doesn't seem listed on any panels, signing schedule or portfolio reviews for Friday, so what will he be doing? Don't want to lug my Crisis deluxe hardcover around all day for nothing! 

10 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I've forwarded these questions. Sorry, but as much as I hate to admit it: that's the max I can do because I can't answer this myself.

Appreciate it as always Queen :D anything we can do for you......... put the kettle on? 

Hunt the person who woke me up from a pain killer induced sleep and teach them a few new English swear words maybe? ;)

Okay: some answers I can provide now.

Unfortunately Marv is no longer attending Friday, website will be adjusted ASAP.

Marc has been confirmed as a regular guest now and will be signing all day.

Waiting for an answer on the other signing times.

Hey! Another q I know a few others beside myself have been waiting on... Any news on Fatman on Batman ( Marc Bernardin) Sunday afternoon live podcast? I noticed Marc disappeared from the comic guest list but the Fatman on Batman image is still in the rotation on the front page...

This is being queried along with the other things.

I explained the Marc situation in the post above yours.

Regarding the signing times: guests will still be at their table all day. These signing times were added because of fan feedback. Apparently there was feedback by attendees that they were too shy to just walk up to the table. This is to make it easier for those fans.

Waiting for clarification on Fatman on Batman still. This may have been scrapped with Marc being moved from the comic guests now.

1 hour ago, D4vem88 said:

I see Dan Fogler is now attending as a comic guest, however he's done some acting in Fantastic Beasts and Fanboys. Will he be signing non-comic related items? If so, will there be a charge?

Ignore me 'cause I waz wrong!

Edited by Raylenth

This is what it says in the announcement:

" PLEASE NOTE: Dan is a Comic Zone guest of Heavy Metal, not Showmasters. For any questions re: signings, photos and costs, please ask at the Heavy Metal Booth, tables 16-18 over the weekend. "

So conditions may not be the same - although they probably will. Heavy Metal doesn't seem to have published any information. If not before, we'll know on Friday when we ask at the booth :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MarioVl said:

This is what it says in the announcement:

" PLEASE NOTE: Dan is a Comic Zone guest of Heavy Metal, not Showmasters. For any questions re: signings, photos and costs, please ask at the Heavy Metal Booth, tables 16-18 over the weekend. "

So conditions may not be the same - although they probably will. Heavy Metal doesn't seem to have published any information. If not before, we'll know on Friday when we ask at the booth :)

On very rare occasions stall holders will invite guests. This would be one of These occasions. ;) I'm afraid ony Heavy Metal can answer questions, sorry.

Queen_Sindel, can you please confirm your earlier comment. Has Marv Wolfman definitely pulled out of the Friday show?

I've booked my tickets and train travel specifically to see him so really disappointed about this.

Wanted to confirm it though as he's still showing as present on his artist page. (not great for people still buying tickets for Friday when such a key comic guest that's being advertised isn't actually going to be there). 

I do appreciate that you have made the comment though! Without you mentioning it I wouldn't have known about this at all as its not mentioned anywhere else. 

5 minutes ago, gamesgeneration said:

Queen_Sindel, can you please confirm your earlier comment. Has Marv Wolfman definitely pulled out of the Friday show?

I've booked my tickets and train travel specifically to see him so really disappointed about this.

Wanted to confirm it though as he's still showing as present on his artist page. (not great for people still buying tickets for Friday when such a key comic guest that's being advertised isn't actually going to be there). 

I do appreciate that you have made the comment though! Without you mentioning it I wouldn't have known about this at all as its not mentioned anywhere else. 

Yes, Marv is definitely not attending Friday.

The Website unfortunately doesn't seem to have been updated yet. I will try to chase it up with the Office, but no promises. Everyone getting ready to go to London.

9 minutes ago, gamesgeneration said:

From what i have read on another sight Marv had his flight changed by the airline he will not get in the UK until Friday night.

• Like 1

thank you for confirmation. Absolutely gutted.

Picking a convenient day around work, paying out all your money for tickets and travel, prepping all your books and then finding out the person you wanted to meet has, not dropped out of the show but, just dropped out of the day you are attending! haha I couldnt have come up with a worst stroke of luck. 

It may be worth adding the Marv Wolfman detail as an actual thread on the forum pages regardless of the web update. I'm sure this will have an impact on a lot of comic fans attending Friday. 

4 hours ago, D4vem88 said:

I see Dan Fogler is now attending as a comic guest, however he's done some acting in Fantastic Beasts and Fanboys. Will he be signing non-comic related items? If so, will there be a charge?

I saw that too! I might pop over there and see what if it's possible!