Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

Are disabled people expected to find the money to buy Gold Passes?  Why is the extra help entrance the furthest point away from the train station and the disabled parking?

I'm sorry - Showmasters and their crew are exceptionally good at helping me and my carer (certainly improving with the efficiency of the new wristbands etc.) and I am always more than grateful for this, but the entrance thing has baffled me over the last couple years - that extra walking distance can make a HUGE difference in a day/weekend that can already be debilitating. 

Edited by Fozziefuzz
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, FanGirl said:

As someone said earlier the thread is regarding "Collection Only" and I think I misinterpreted the original thread. I have proof that I'm supposed to stand where the Gold Ticket Holders do when I queue to get into the Con but, I understand that I can only "Collect" my Weekend Pass and my Extra Help Wristband on either of the three days of the Actual Con days and not the Thursday am I correct? 

So I'm going on the Thursday evening to collect my 3 Diamond Passes and then on the Friday morning I can queue up where the Gold Pass people queue because even though I don't have a Gold Pass I've been told in the Extra Help email that's where I queue to collect my Weekend wristbands and my Extra Help Wristbands. I didn't have Diamond Pass last year so I just queued where I'd been told to prior to the Con in an email with a print out proof (I have printed it out this time too), proof of my Disabilities and of course my tickets. That way by collecting my Diamond Passes on the Thursday evening I don't have to go from one end of the building (having Disabilities makes that difficult) to the other just to then collect Diamond Passes when I'm in the Con?

Essentially, the information you were given in the email was the best of the persons knowledge at the time (I know what it says because I have it too). However, things have changed and what is in the first post of this thread goes. So for you, Thursday you would collect your Diamond passes at the main entrance to Olympia on Hammersmith Road (this isn't the Gold entrance or Gate H), then Friday go around to Gate H and collect your wristbands. I don't have any Diamonds so I'd just be going around to Gate H to collect my weekend wristband as well as the extra help ones.

1 hour ago, Wondermoose said:

Yes, there can be mishaps... But if we point this out at the show, its already to late.

I appreciat that history has shown that there is nothing you can do about it if they are late letting us in but we have been threatened with being thrown out for questioning why we arent let in when we should by the guards. Please can Showmasters comment on what they have done to ensure you will be let in at the appropriate time. Will the door be manned by a fully breifed SM crew member and not just venue staff?

This is not aimed at you QS or the other mods, I just hope this reaches SM, I just want for ones not any misshaps at the Gold Pass entry. We pay loads for thoose passes afterall...

yep really would be nice if we had a blue shirt on the gold pass entrance door so things go smoother this year 

1 hour ago, GoldenGrego said:

So can I ask my friend to hand me his ID and say "go wait over there", while i sneak to the diamond pick up, telling them the diamond pass i bought him is supposed to be a surprise? 
This has really ruined the excitement for me. I thought the person that bought them would just have to show the bank card used as proof :( 

If you bought the ticket on your card, I think this will work as the ID you need to collect it so your plan can still go ahead. Am I right here @Queen_Sindel?

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

You can pick it up whenever you like. If you're not in a rush it may well be sensible to wait for the DP queue to die down.

I only need it before my shoot with Alan Tudyk on Friday. But I ubderstand that the diamond pass pick up is beyond the scanners to get in, so how would I go about that? Go outside, collect the pass and go in again?

1 minute ago, sammyromie said:

I only need it before my shoot with Alan Tudyk on Friday. But I ubderstand that the diamond pass pick up is beyond the scanners to get in, so how would I go about that? Go outside, collect the pass and go in again?

I think that will be possible, yes.

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

Gold pass entry has always gone soothly the times I've seen Jason at the gold entrance. Just saying  :whistling:

He wasn't there last year and if we said about being let in early we would be moved to the back of the line

30 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Red shirt would be better!

Yeah but red shirts are normally really busy first thing in the morning 

11 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Gold pass entry has always gone soothly the times I've seen Jason at the gold entrance. Just saying  :whistling:

Hmm Jason on the gold pass entrance would make it all go very smooth :angel:

Just now, Dreamweaver187 said:

Yeah but red shirts are normally really busy first thing in the morning 

All they have to do is make sure that the doors get opened on time for Golds, then could go do whatever else they need to. I trust the Red shirts know a bit more than the blue. No offence to blues, they do a great job and the events couldn't happen without them, but all red shirts are seasoned pros, and the amount of money people are spending on the Gold passes, I don't think it's too much to ask! :D

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

All they have to do is make sure that the doors get opened on time for Golds, then could go do whatever else they need to. I trust the Red shirts know a bit more than the blue. No offence to blues, they do a great job and the events couldn't happen without them, but all red shirts are seasoned pros, and the amount of money people are spending on the Gold passes, I don't think it's too much to ask! :D

Well anything would be better than last years gold pass entrance debacle 

Running walking shoes at the ready for Friday 

looks like we might get lucky with the weather no rain for queing time 

• Like 1

Sorry for what may be a stupid question in advance lol

We are attending sunday and have gold entry and diamond passes. Do we collect diamond first (if so where) and then do we gueue at gold entry...or is it the other way round.  Also i booked the tickets for me, hubby and the kids (all names on the passes) can i collect all of the passes for my family as i paid on my card or do i need ID for all my family? 

5 minutes ago, pinkxxl said:

Sorry for what may be a stupid question in advance lol

We are attending sunday and have gold entry and diamond passes. Do we collect diamond first (if so where) and then do we gueue at gold entry...or is it the other way round.  Also i booked the tickets for me, hubby and the kids (all names on the passes) can i collect all of the passes for my family as i paid on my card or do i need ID for all my family? 

You can either go round and get your diamond passes first as they will be before tickets are scanned (but there will be a bag search to get through), then head over to the gold pass area. Or you could go to the gold pass entrance and go into the show, then go and collect your diamond passes later. It depends on when you need the diamond passes and what time you are getting there really.

As you bought the tickets on your card, you should be able to collect all the passes, as I understand it.

@Queen_Sindel I'm sorry to be a pain, but one quick thing. I had sent the store an email authorising someone else to collect my diamond pass on Friday, and given that person a letter of authority to do so. This was a couple of days ago, but I haven't yet had any confirmation from them. When I saw your announcement earlier on today that it had moved to in-person pickup only, I immediately changed my travel plans so I could get to Olympia myself before 6pm on Friday, to collect my Saturday Diamond pass. 

Now I see that it's still possible for someone else to collect, though they must have my original ID. As it's not possible for me to arrange this in time, I will still need to collect in person.

My question is: do I need to email the store again to revoke the earlier arrangement, or do I just leave it? I'm anxious not to add to what must be a massive email backlog there, but I do want to make sure that pickup is still straightforward for both my friend, who won't now be collecting my pass, and for me when I get there later in the day. What would you advise? Thanks so much.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riker said:

@Wrong Name if my dad bought me a diamond pass on his card how do I collect it?

Did he do it in his name or yours as there is an option when buying that he could have put your name in? If he did put your name in then you will be able to collect with your ID. If he didn't then you will need his ID in order to collect it.

So, with 18 different Diamond Passes, for collection, is there going to be 18 different lines? Or are we going to have the collectormania issue with one huge line and 2 people handing out passes? Only that I need my Alan Tudyk pass for the 1:35 photo shoot on Friday and can only pick my pass up on Friday, but have other activities planned before that. 

As long as it isn't like last year,  where Gold pass holders were made to wait outside, then had our bags check as we entered, and let in at the same time, while having to cross the hall. while the others got their bags checked before they started queuing, let in right under the stairs to get their VT  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bundyse said:

As long as it isn't like last year,  where Gold pass holders were made to wait outside, then had our bags check as we entered, and let in at the same time, while having to cross the hall. while the others got their bags checked before they started queuing, let in right under the stairs to get their VT  

My guess is it will be the same as last year as golds entrance is the same 

• Like 1