Access Doors & Collection for Gold Passes and Diamond Passes

19 minutes ago, v.pearson said:

Ok, so I can go Thursday to collect my Alan Tudyk Diamond Pass.

Then, Saturday & Sunday I just queue up at the Diamond Pass entrance and don't have to worry about anything once I get in?

SO confussled haha x

There is no Diamond pass entrance V. there is Gold pass and General entry go you go to the one you have.

34 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news for some.

Diamond Pass pickup is strictly in person only. You will be asked to show ID. If the ID doesn't match the name on the list and the person picking up you will not be given the pass. No exceptions.

I am very sorry, but apparently there have been some attempts to circumvent the rules. As someone else put it in another topic "this is why we can't have nice things."

Hi Queen, just as an FYI but David tweet suggests it is still possible?

So...if I don't pick up my diamond pass on the Thursday...do I have to do it on Friday before I start queing to get in? I have weekend entry. It's in the same area, but I don't really ger the organization. Will there be two queues, one for diamonds, one for entry? What if I want to collect my pass after I'm in, say, 11am on Friday?

Edited by sammyromie

Starting to get panicky now! I have a good pass for the first time and no diamonds. I'm only going Saturday and Sunday tho. If I cant pick up my pass on the Friday will this jeopardise my chances of getting in early? And is it the same entrance for golds whether you have picked your pass up previously or not? Help! I'm coming alone and I don't wanna mess up. 

23 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Yes you can collect it on Thursday. But there is no Diamond pass entrance as diamond passes don't include entry. So you will go to either gold pass entrance or general entrance depending on what ticket you have bought.

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

There is no Diamond pass entrance V. there is Gold pass and General entry go you go to the one you have.

Ah ok, I get you! So Diamond passes don't get early entry?

Are the extra's worth it do you think then guys?

4 minutes ago, sammyromie said:

So...if I don't pick up my diamond pass on the Thursday...do I have to do it on Friday before I start queing to get in? I have weekend entry. It's in the same area, but I don't really ger the organization. Will there be two queues, one for diamonds, one for entry? What if I want to collect my pass after I'm in, say, 11am on Friday?

You can pick it up whenever you like. If you're not in a rush it may well be sensible to wait for the DP queue to die down.

4 minutes ago, MrsTonyStark said:

Starting to get panicky now! I have a good pass for the first time and no diamonds. I'm only going Saturday and Sunday tho. If I cant pick up my pass on the Friday will this jeopardise my chances of getting in early? And is it the same entrance for golds whether you have picked your pass up previously or not? Help! I'm coming alone and I don't wanna mess up. 

You'll just get it strapped to your wrist when you're waiting in the queue to get in. No delay. Same entrance.

Just now, v.pearson said:

No.  Early entry is for Gold passes only.  Whether the diamond is worth is up to you - you get the certainty of the autograph which with some guests - be they massively popular or slow signers could be invaluable.

you get to go first for the photo for that guest and first entry into the talk but it really depends on how you value that.

1 minute ago, v.pearson said:

No early entry with DPs. Some people buy many of them so would essentially be paying for the same benefit many times over. As for whether they're worth it, that's entirely a matter of opinion.

51 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news for some.

Diamond Pass pickup is strictly in person only. You will be asked to show ID. If the ID doesn't match the name on the list and the person picking up you will not be given the pass. No exceptions.

I am very sorry, but apparently there have been some attempts to circumvent the rules. As someone else put it in another topic "this is why we can't have nice things."

Does the person who's name is on the bank card used to purchase the diamond pass have to collect?

24 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

This is what the mods are being told and this is what was confirmed to us by the crew. If something different happens - there has been a mishap once or twice - you need to point this out at the show. 

Yes, there can be mishaps... But if we point this out at the show, its already to late.

I appreciat that history has shown that there is nothing you can do about it if they are late letting us in but we have been threatened with being thrown out for questioning why we arent let in when we should by the guards. Please can Showmasters comment on what they have done to ensure you will be let in at the appropriate time. Will the door be manned by a fully breifed SM crew member and not just venue staff?

This is not aimed at you QS or the other mods, I just hope this reaches SM, I just want for ones not any misshaps at the Gold Pass entry. We pay loads for thoose passes afterall...

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The General Entry does not start before all Gold Pass holders are in.

Sorry to be grouchy and pessimistic, QS, as I do appreciate your input, but I'm horribly sleep-deprived and also fairly sure that that's what they said last year.  Eh, maybe it'll work this time.  I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best...

2 minutes ago, Drewrufus said:

This is incredibly confusing I have a diamond pass to pick up do I join the massive que outside the tube station or do I go straight around to door H can anyone from showmasters clarify this please??

There shouldn't be a massive queue outside the tube station Drew.  General entry ticket holders go around to Door H where you will be let inside the entry hall. they will have snaking barriers up inside so we can queue in there.  Once you are in there you can then collect your diamond pass.

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, Drewrufus said:

This is incredibly confusing I have a diamond pass to pick up do I join the massive que outside the tube station or do I go straight around to door H can anyone from showmasters clarify this please??

There shouldn't be any massive queue round near the train station as one of th large halls is now used for queuing. You should just have to go round to door H where you can either then go get your diamond pass or join the main queue.

So can I ask my friend to hand me his ID and say "go wait over there", while i sneak to the diamond pick up, telling them the diamond pass i bought him is supposed to be a surprise? 
This has really ruined the excitement for me. I thought the person that bought them would just have to show the bank card used as proof :( 

My friend and I have a 3-day ticket (general entry), but we won't be arriving at the venue till at least Friday lunchtime, is the West Entrance the one we head to? Tiny bit confused and want to clarify. 

7 minutes ago, Tina197 said:

My friend and I have a 3-day ticket (general entry), but we won't be arriving at the venue till at least Friday lunchtime, is the West Entrance the one we head to? Tiny bit confused and want to clarify. 

Yes, go to door H which is just a little further along the road from the West entrance.

• Like 1

As someone said earlier the thread is regarding "Collection Only" and I think I misinterpreted the original thread. I have proof that I'm supposed to stand where the Gold Ticket Holders do when I queue to get into the Con but, I understand that I can only "Collect" my Weekend Pass and my Extra Help Wristband on either of the three days of the Actual Con days and not the Thursday am I correct? 

So I'm going on the Thursday evening to collect my 3 Diamond Passes and then on the Friday morning I can queue up where the Gold Pass people queue because even though I don't have a Gold Pass I've been told in the Extra Help email that's where I queue to collect my Weekend wristbands and my Extra Help Wristbands. I didn't have Diamond Pass last year so I just queued where I'd been told to prior to the Con in an email with a print out proof (I have printed it out this time too), proof of my Disabilities and of course my tickets. That way by collecting my Diamond Passes on the Thursday evening I don't have to go from one end of the building (having Disabilities makes that difficult) to the other just to then collect Diamond Passes when I'm in the Con?

• Like 1

This is my 2nd year coming to Comic Con and I remember last year having the same worries and concerns as you all.  I can honestly say it was brilliantly organised.  I had a diamond pass for Rutger Hauer, general entrance and various photo shoots booked.  We didnt get there until 8.20am and there was a small queue at Diamond Pass table which shocked me so we got the passes with ease and just joined the huge queue to get in to the hall.  I'd say by 9.10/9.15am we were inside the hall and made our way to our 9.30am photo shoot.  While I can't guarantee it will go without hitch I'm not stressed this year.

Edited by Framolamdu