First time at LFACC

Hey all. It will be our first time - we have only been to Sheffield before. And finding it a little overwhelming. I've made a sheet as we are coming down early Saturday and staying until the Sunday evening, and I was looking for general advice? 

I have made a list of who we want to have picks with and I will pre pay for this and the talks before we get there, but I wondered on top of pre paid bits, how much spending money would we need? And if we decide we want to have a photo with someone and haven't pre booked etc can you queue up to do so? I'm nervous and don't want to miss out! Xx

If there are tickets left for the photoshoots for person X, then yes you can buy them at the show, but they may be thus towards the end of Sunday depending on how many shoots they have scheduled. Spending money, really depends on who you want to see and get autographs for... I can't answer that one ;) there are ATMs on site though if you need more cash.

4 minutes ago, beaface89 said:

Hey all. It will be our first time - we have only been to Sheffield before. And finding it a little overwhelming. I've made a sheet as we are coming down early Saturday and staying until the Sunday evening, and I was looking for general advice? 

I have made a list of who we want to have picks with and I will pre pay for this and the talks before we get there, but I wondered on top of pre paid bits, how much spending money would we need? And if we decide we want to have a photo with someone and haven't pre booked etc can you queue up to do so? I'm nervous and don't want to miss out! Xx

How long is a piece of string?  How much extra you want to bring is up to you and depends on how much you want to buy I'm afraid.  Cash machines in the area usually run out so it's better to bring more and not need it than need it and not have it.  Many of the stalls will take cards but equally many won't.

You can't pay for photo's in the photo queue (Except for the set/green screen shoots with just you) so if you want them you will need to go to the sales desk and buy a ticket or if you are able to access the internet you can still buy them on line at the venue.

You may be able to get a photo at the auto table with guests but only if they are quiet and don't have a 'no photos' sign up.  With the bigger and therefore busier guests that is unlikely though.

Edited by Raylenth

It's my first time too, and also finding it a bit confusing as never been to a con with batches and VQ tix etc before.  I think I've worked it all out now though.  Quick question; I've pre-purchased some photo ops. With the tickets I have for these, do I just take them to the photo areas when my time is due, or do I have to hand them in to get some sort of pass beforehand?

8 minutes ago, sterees said:

It's my first time too, and also finding it a bit confusing as never been to a con with batches and VQ tix etc before.  I think I've worked it all out now though.  Quick question; I've pre-purchased some photo ops. With the tickets I have for these, do I just take them to the photo areas when my time is due, or do I have to hand them in to get some sort of pass beforehand?

You just take the eticket you were emailed (either print it out or show it on your phone/device) to the photoshoot and they will scan it there. Unless it's a diamond pass then you will need to collect the pass itself at the show. We have not yet had details on pass collection.

• Like 1

I agree with Raylenth, better bring more money than you think you need as the ATMs in the area empty rather quickly. I tend to pay with a card at those vendors that accept them, and save the cash for when it's necessary.

First thing you need to do is get a virtual ticket for all the autographs you want to get. Then you can walk around, familarize yourself with the layout, browse the stalls etc. Make sure you drink lots of water as you will get very dehydrated. Go to the toilet whenever you have free time, instead of waiting for when you need to go (which might be when you're queuing for sth).

• Like 1