Pokemon Go

Rhydon we got down to a slither of red with 4, probably would have got it if we hadn't suffered glitches. Got it easily when 2 other players popped up in the list. (Very annoyed not to get a TM with it though)

4 hours ago, fissijo said:

Rhydon we got down to a slither of red with 4, probably would have got it if we hadn't suffered glitches. Got it easily when 2 other players popped up in the list. (Very annoyed not to get a TM with it though)

Oh I love spoofers. For almost all of our Tyranitar rates we had people trying.

TMs are quite rare. I only got one so far too. One of the kids with us today got 2 in the same raid. I fully own up to being jealous.

7 minutes ago, natfrog5 said:

I have an Unknown....!

xx

#jealous

Oops. sorry. That sounded like you had mystery people only logging on. I didn't catch that the people actually appeared.

Yeah, catching the thing afterwards is a different story. I had one Tyranitar escape and lost another one due to the network bug. One Bayleef got away after 11 tries failed. Always great throw, berries... still escaped. Wasn't funny at all.

I got my first Tyrannitar a couple days ago through a raid. Defeated it no prob but we were 7 players.

I might be on Pokemon at LFCC for a bit, it drains my phone battery quite quick so I'll prefer to save it for any photos I might want to take :)

2 minutes ago, KarenRoss said:

I got my first Tyrannitar a couple days ago through a raid. Defeated it no prob but we were 7 players.

I might be on Pokemon at LFCC for a bit, it drains my phone battery quite quick so I'll prefer to save it for any photos I might want to take :)

Have you considered getting one of these charging things? I always carry at least 2 external batteries when I play.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Have you considered getting one of these charging things? I always carry at least 2 external batteries when I play.

Yeah I have portable chargers but the light one I have only charges my phone fully once and the one that provides more battery life is so heavy and big I try to avoid carrying it lol But yeah, I will end up bringing the big one and leave it with my bag instead of carrying it. :)

33 minutes ago, KarenRoss said:

Yeah I have portable chargers but the light one I have only charges my phone fully once and the one that provides more battery life is so heavy and big I try to avoid carrying it lol But yeah, I will end up bringing the big one and leave it with my bag instead of carrying it. :)

I have a side pocket on my bag. I usually put the battery in there and try not to get tangled wirh cable.

As the proud owner of two Arcticuno and three Lugia I have the following more or less helpful hints:

Do not attempt a Level 5 raid with less than 8 players. Recommended minimum is 10, 12 or up would be better. We did beat one with 8, but that included 2 level 39 players and the lowest level fighting was 31. We made it by a hairline, and all but one of us had all Pokemon dead and we had to run in again.

If you have a strong Blissey: put that as the last of your fighting Pokemon. Only one per player. Do not use more than one because it does not do much damage. BUT: it does take a lot of damage, and that is usually enough to buy the other players enough time to get back in if someone is dead. 

Recommended attackers:

We threw all of our Tyranitar against Arcticuno. Omastar with Rock attacks worked very well, but does not take a lot of damage. Rock based Pokemon like Rhydon worked too - Rhydon has an advantage because it take a lot of damage. Obvious choice are of course fire Pokemon like Arcanine. We had someone with a high end Scyzor with Steel Attacks who did a lot of damage too.

Oddly enough I found Lugia easier than Arcticuno, but that is probably me. Recommended attacker is again Tyranitar, best attacks bite/cruch or bite/stone edge. I personally had much luck with Lapras, but you need one with ice attacks. Gengar is very good as long as it has both attacks of the Ghost type. Most people were fighting with Electric Pokemon. Golem does decent damage if both attacks are the Rock type. One player we did two raids with highly recommends Jinx, but only if both attacks are ice. And he powered his up to way over 2000.

We did seven raids, beat all of the bosses. I consider myself very lucky that I caught 5 out of 7. A couple of people playing had been trying all morning and had all of them escape. If you have them, feed Golden Berries. If you have no Golden Berries feed at least the Razzberry. Do take the time and watch the movement pattern before you throw. I'm not sure if the raids are bugged, but no one got more than 9 balls to throw at any time. I had 2 with 5 only. But I'm Team Instinct and barely anyone here is. :lol:

• Like 1

I havent really played this since last in London for LFCC as where I live its so quiet and nit much activity on the game here so London kinda spoiled me now I find it boring here but as soon as I arrive in London and heading to hotel I will get it straight on. lol   

• Moderators

I was super lucky - got it 1st ball (with a golden berry).

I didn't manage to meet up with the big group raiding until later in the day so missed out on 2 previous articuno raids and a lugia as I was alone! But found the right local FB group now so I have more chance from now on (there aren't so many people still playing in my area that I'm likely to randomly find enough people otherwise)

Congrats. :)

Facebook or other Chat Groups are insanely helpful with the big raids. We found one of the Lugia first and all People in our car where like "we're only four, that won't work, we will never get..." and I'm "just give it a few minutes" and put it in a WhatsApp chat. Less than 5 minutes later Players came running from all directions. We ended up being that many that we had to form two Groups. :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:
43 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I do everything solo, with just 12 Snorlax's and a Jigglypuff. We're doing pretty good.

Screenshot or it didn't happen. :P

Your implied doubting of my honesty wounds me. 

FwPgYBZ.jpg

2 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

QS, you weren't kidding about the value of FB groups, joined one today and in 2 hours caught an articuno in a 20 person raid

I'm glad that worked. :)

I had both birdies escaping today. But after yesterday's catches I can't complain. Plus the other rewards were great.

• Like 1