Whats the deciding factor for you to meef a guest?

For the guests you choose to meet, is it a personal decision say you are personally a fan of them, their popularirty, to say you've met them or any other reason. For me, I have to be a massive fan of them, someone I want to meet not caring about whether other people know them or not.

For me, usually who they played. Or for wrestlers, their accomplishments and/or reputation in their careers.

Also, if the price justifies the reason why I'd like their autographs in my opinion (unless it's someone I'd REALLY like to meet).

Edited by Sebster118

I want to meet the guests who appear in my favourite movies, especially Bond movies. Wether or not they are known worldwide. And also 'Once in a lifetime' actresses and actors. Such as Jeremy Renner last year and Benedict Cumberbatch this year ;)

5 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

I want to meet the guests who appear in my favourite movies, especially Bond movies. Wether or not they are known worldwide. And also 'Once in a lifetime' actresses and actors. Such as Jeremy Renner last year and Benedict Cumberbatch this year ;)

I'm a Bond fanatic myself, the only Bond guest I've ever met at a convention was Richard Kiel which is why I'm in a Dilemma whether to meet John Cleese or not as he was 'R' in 'The World Is Not Enough' & 'Die Another Day'. 

Just now, DullyEL said:

I'm a Bond fanatic myself, the only Bond guest I've ever met at a convention was Richard Kiel which is why I'm in a Dilemma whether to meet John Cleese or not as he was 'R' in 'The World Is Not Enough' & 'Die Another Day'. 

Lets not forget Julian Glover will be at this years event - he played Christatos in FYEO. :)

For me, primarily if I collect memorabilia for a film or show they have starred in; then I love to meet them.

Though with this years lineup Ive had to limit myself! Too many to choose from, not enough numbers coming up on the lottery!!

20 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

Lets not forget Julian Glover will be at this years event - he played Christatos in FYEO. :)

For Your Eyes Only is one of my favourite Moore films. Hadn't spotted his name being on the guest list amidsf the other announcements. Another one for me to consider.

For me it's a case of;

Are they part of a fandom I'm in?

Do they play a character I like?

That's pretty much it. Though sometimes I've met people who played very minor characters in franchises I like (Shend, for example, having an incredibly minor role in one episode of Merlin, but he was still a Merlin guest and I was excited)

• Like 1

Usually I get an urge once i'm there! At Collectormania a few years ago the main person I wanted to meet was Brandon Routh. Once I got there, the BEST experience was meeting Sean Astin. I was fangirling so badly, he spoke to me for ages and wouldn't stop shaking my hands until I stopped being anxious. Such a nice guy :D  

10h7e61.jpg

• Like 3

I meet guests because and a fan and the work they've done.

Although i do tend to meet some of the really big guests, even though i'm not really a fan, as i class these as a one off.

I'm really excited about meeting Andrew Robinson though :D

I've watched Dirty Harry over and over since i was a little kid. His performance as Scorpio was just something else! One of the best movie villains ever!!!

• Like 1

I was trying to think of an answer to this question and I discovered that I'm totally inconsistent. Sometimes it's because I'm a huge fan; sometimes, because they're in some movie or show that I'm enthusiastic about; sometimes, because I've heard good things about how they interact with fans; sometimes, even, because of one particularly awesome thing that their characters have said or done. And in one of two occasions, mainly because they were pretty :wub:

Edited by MarioVl

Autographs are normally driven by the franchise as i'm usually doing a poster so will need to get them regardless...

However the photos are more personal and are if I have enjoyed watching them as an actor/like their character etc

Well for example I met Finn Jones in 2015. I had no intentions of going to him to meet him, but

1. I thought he looked super cute.

2. He was sitting and playing with his phone and looked lonely so I felt sorry for him. 

But I usually am sticking to meeting guests I really like or I think they may be expensive later. Like Mads. I started watching Hannibal after he was announced and I bought the tickets. Now he is too expensive so I am happy I did that when I had a chance.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoryMcGarrett said:

Well for example I met Finn Jones in 2015. I had no intentions of going to him to meet him, but

1. I thought he looked super cute.

2. He was sitting and playing with his phone and looked lonely so I felt sorry for him. 

I love how he's now made it into both your signature and your heart :wub: 

• Like 1

If they're in something I've seen and I've got the dvd, or I've seen the tv or movie and I remember them-that is a spur for me to meet them. 

And I do go back to some of the people I've already met in case I've got more to sign.