Latest Guest Announcement - NATALIE DORMER

7 hours ago, riderj123 said:

As I brought the diamond pass, I am only there for Saturday. Is there any guarantee for getting her autograph on that day?

No, sorry. The passes are called by number order. And Natalie is a very popular Lady, there's going to be a lot of numbers before you I'm afraid.

7 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

No, sorry. The passes are called by number order. And Natalie is a very popular Lady, there's going to be a lot of numbers before you I'm afraid.

This is basically penalising anyone who can't attend all 3 days. Anyone just attending one day can not buy a diamond pass as there is no way to guarantee getting an autograph on that day. 

I really believe this should change and that anyone who buys a diamond pass should be able to get both their photo and autograph on whichever day they choose. 

What happens if you cannot get the auto? Do you get a partial refund? I'm guessing not. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Norris said:

This is basically penalising anyone who can't attend all 3 days. Anyone just attending one day can not buy a diamond pass as there is no way to guarantee getting an autograph on that day. 

I really believe this should change and that anyone who buys a diamond pass should be able to get both their photo and autograph on whichever day they choose. 

What happens if you cannot get the auto? Do you get a partial refund? I'm guessing not. 

The Diamond packages are sold on the basis that the activities take place over the 3 days of the events.  I always say to people that it would be unfortunate if you couldn't get through and to talk to the crew and they should hopefully be able to slip you through.  However, if you are only there 1 day, have a high number and are there Friday or Saturday (I.E. potentially on days before your number may be called) it's a chance you take.  It's a very small risk, but it's still a risk.

8 hours ago, Raylenth said:

The Diamond packages are sold on the basis that the activities take place over the 3 days of the events.  I always say to people that it would be unfortunate if you couldn't get through and to talk to the crew and they should hopefully be able to slip you through.  However, if you are only there 1 day, have a high number and are there Friday or Saturday (I.E. potentially on days before your number may be called) it's a chance you take.  It's a very small risk, but it's still a risk.

8 hours ago, Norris said:

What Raylenth has said it is correct. It's clearly outlined in the store that the Diamond Pass activities are laid out over all three days. We've been warning everyone who was trying to use the Diamond Pass as a "fast Pass" to get an autograph that there may be problems. If you are not there all weekend and miss the autograph you are not getting a refund. The store is clearly outlining that the Diamond Passes are called in number order. It is rare that this happens, but it has happened with slow signers.

Assigning autograph days is very risky and by far no guarantee you will get seen either.

I already posted this story in another topic when the same question came up. Friends of mine where at an US convention. They bought a package for a guest, quite similar to a Diamond Pass here. Contained autograph and the photosession. Day specific. Guest arrived late, there were other issues and only about half of the guaranteed autographs were signed. The organiser told the people who'd missed out that they'd have an autograph mailed. One of my friends wanted her photosession signed and left it with them. That was over a year ago. No autograph ever arrived, picture disappeared, Organiser not responding anymore.

Stretching everything over the weekend leaves a far better buffer to avoid such issues.

As someone who is in the same boat - Natalie diamond pass whilst only attending on the Saturday - this is where it would be extremely convenient to know what diamond pass number you bought when you buy it so you could plan accordingly. I bought mine the evening she announced - I could be number 5 or number 205, yet I won't know where I stand until I pick it up on the day apparently :sad: If they can assign you a photo batch upon purchase surely it wouldn't be that much more effort to assign you a DP number straight away? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tompain100 said:

As someone who is in the same boat - Natalie diamond pass whilst only attending on the Saturday - this is where it would be extremely convenient to know what diamond pass number you bought when you buy it so you could plan accordingly. I bought mine the evening she announced - I could be number 5 or number 205, yet I won't know where I stand until I pick it up on the day apparently :sad: If they can assign you a photo batch upon purchase surely it wouldn't be that much more effort to assign you a DP number straight away? 

It was brought up before and as far as I know it's being worked on. 

Last thing I heard is that it was actually a software issue. The batches are manually listed as groups with a certain amount under the group names "batch 1", "batch 2", etc. . Apparently the software does not allow individual numbering of tickets as a default. They would all have to be listed as single tickets. 

I'm sure it will be fixed with a future upgrade of the Eventbrite system.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

It was brought up before and as far as I know it's being worked on. 

Last thing I heard is that it was actually a software issue. The batches are manually listed as groups with a certain amount under the group names "batch 1", "batch 2", etc. . Apparently the software does not allow individual numbering of tickets as a default. They would all have to be listed as single tickets. 

I'm sure it will be fixed with a future upgrade of the Eventbrite system.

That's cool. It wasn't me bitching as such, just providing feedback as a customer!

Out of sheer curiosity (and not exactly the right place to ask, but since that's the topic for the last posts), haven't all the previous diamond guests been able to go through all the autographs for the diamond pass holders on the first day? I certainly do remember Jeremy Renner doing VQ early Sunday morning and Robert Englund very low numbers on Saturday (maybe Sigourney Weaver and Christopher Lloyd are the exception).

4 minutes ago, dogsoldierspoon said:

Out of sheer curiosity (and not exactly the right place to ask, but since that's the topic for the last posts), haven't all the previous diamond guests been able to go through all the autographs for the diamond pass holders on the first day? I certainly do remember Jeremy Renner doing VQ early Sunday morning and Robert Englund very low numbers on Saturday (maybe Sigourney Weaver and Christopher Lloyd are the exception).

You've answered your own question there! Some guests can, others can't.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dogsoldierspoon said:

Which I why I always say that Diamond pass holders who go for a day only 'should' be OK getting through but there is a slight risk because you have to factor in signing speed/other activities/amount of attendees there.....

• Like 1

Christopher Lloyd barely made it last time throughout the weekend, I think he even stayed longer Sunday. Robert Englund did not make it because of the issues with the make up shoot taking too much time. Sigourney made it, she even saw a small number of VQ tickets.

But considering how many people have read things into mod's responses last year or just plain out lied I am making a point out of mentioning this until I am really blue in the face. "Should" is a way too risky word to use there. :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Christopher Lloyd barely made it last time throughout the weekend, I think he even stayed longer Sunday. Robert Englund did not make it because of the issues with the make up shoot taking too much time. Sigourney made it, she even saw a small number of VQ tickets.

But considering how many people have read things into mod's responses last year or just plain out lied I am making a point out of mentioning this until I am really blue in the face. "Should" is a way too risky word to use there. :lol:

I fully understand why you don't give any assurances, you want to survive LFCC after all as well :P

18 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, especially because I will be holding the online fort for one more year. Not cleared to fly. My snowball's chance in hell is that SM sneak in an announcement of Jeffrey Dean Morgan cause my sister said "if they get Negan I am driving you!"

You really go the hard route to avoid meeting us all!

Hope you get better.

It's Mary Poppins fault. I was still semi injured in Paris Disney when a friend of mine started screaming that Mary Poppins in her nanny outfit was meeting at the other end of the Resort.

I had ran half  way there before my brain kicked in reminding me that this was not exactly my brightest idea ever. Which the doctor was very happy to confirm once I was home.

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, especially because I will be holding the online fort for one more year. Not cleared to fly. My snowball's chance in hell is that SM sneak in an announcement of Jeffrey Dean Morgan cause my sister said "if they get Negan I am driving you!"

Too bad to hear, if I were driving I'd take you along :(  (Well, depending on how close to the Belgian border you'd live of course)

I'm thinking of buying a diamond pass but only attending Saturday, from what I just read I understand there is no guarantee in gaining the auto, but if purchased now what do people think of my chances of getting called for the auto?

As explained before Ed, I'm afraid we simply can't say.  If you are only attending 1 day you do limit yourself because you cannot go through before your number is called.  Depending on how much Natalie is doing on Saturday and how quickly she signs you may be ok.  Many of the diamond pass guests are quick and do reach the VQ's each day in which case you would be fine.  But equally some of them don't.  

You can speak to the crew and ask if they can help you if it looks like your number isn't going to be called on Saturday, if there's an opportunity they may be able allow you to join the line.  But equally they may not.  If Ms Dormer isn't getting to your number and their are a lot of people who's numbers have been called waiting to join the queue they may not be able to help.

It's obviously up to you, and I'd think you'd be unlucky not to be able to go through, but it is a risk, you may not be able to get through on Saturday and if you choose to buy you do so with that awareness.

16 minutes ago, Ed_Rea said:

I'm thinking of buying a diamond pass but only attending Saturday, from what I just read I understand there is no guarantee in gaining the auto, but if purchased now what do people think of my chances of getting called for the auto?

She's never been at a SM show before, so we have absolutely no experiences with her speed signing. She's on batch 6 for photos, so that session won't be short either.

It's not totally impossible you'd be getting called. Yes, I realize this doesn't help. But this is the most honest answer I can give.

Just to clarify have I have the diamond pass for Sunday I'm still not guranteed to get her autograph? Is it depending on how many diamond numbers Natalie will get through?

(I'm going both Saturday and Sunday)

Edited by theEmperor