First-time attendee from the US has some questions!

I live in the US, but my wife came across the LFCC website, saw the guestlist, and immediately insisted that we take a little vacation in London this year. I go to a lot of comic book shows over here, but it seems like this show is a bit different, so I have some questions I’m hoping you guys can help answer ...

There’ll be 3 of us going to the show - myself, my wife and our 12-year old daughter. As our daughter is a huge fan of Benedict Cumberbatch, I bought his Diamond Pass for her. 

Normally, for US shows, when you buy a photo opp ticket other family members are allowed to be in the same photo. But … looking at the photo opp page on the LFCC website, it seems like that isn’t the case over here. Is that really true? My wife can’t join my daughter when she’s having a photo taken with Cumberbatch?

What about in regards to autographs? When my daughter goes to get her photo signed, I have some comic books I’d like to get signed as well - I’m assuming it’s ok for me to stand in line with my daughter so we can go up together?

I’ve been reading up on the VQ system - let’s say all 3 of us wants to meet a celebrity to have some items signed. Do we really need 3 different VQ tickets to do so, or can we simply get one ticket and stay together when it’s time to queue?

Lastly - the Diamond pass will get my daughter into Cumberbatch’s talk session. If I buy extra talk tickets for my wife & I, will we be able to sit with our daughter?

Thank you :)
Michael

1 ticket per person is needed for photos, so if your wife wants to join your daughter, they will each need a ticket

If your daughter has a diamond pass then she will be called first for Benedict's autograph. You would not be able to join her unless you have a diamond pass as well. She can go anytime after her pass has been called so if you get a VQ ticket and if he makes it to your VQ number, then she can go in with you. He is going to be very busy though so you would need a very low VQ ticket number for you to even stand a chance. 

With the VQ system you will need a VQ ticket each to be able to join the queue and meet the guest.

Diamonds get priority seating in diamond talks, so you will not be able to sit with her in the Diamond section, but she can go and sit with you in the standard seats.

Usually as your daughter is 12 one of you could stand in line with her for the autograph, although you might get asked to stand to one side slightly. Things might be a little different for BC as he is oh so special and will probably be tucked away somewhere. Technically you couldn't get your comics signed (until your vq is called), but she could get them signed for you (5 autos maximum unless stated otherwise), as long as she has a wodge of cash ready to hand over for the extras.

35 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

I’ve been reading up on the VQ system - let’s say all 3 of us wants to meet a celebrity to have some items signed. Do we really need 3 different VQ tickets to do so, or can we simply get one ticket and stay together when it’s time to queue?

You would need to pick up one each; really it's just to stop people grabbing one ticket then going up with a whole group of people who all want autos. 

Thank you for all the clarifications!

My biggest concern is that I really don't want my underage daughter to be by herself during this show - I can't imagine I'm the first parent that's been in this situation for this particular show.

I will try to find out about Benedict. But as it's been posted, he will definitely be in a separate area. One entrance, one exit.

I see the talk has not been mentioned. If you want to sit with your daughter she would have to join you in standard seating. You won't be able to sit in the Diamond Seating with her. This is a separate area closer to the front.

1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

Diamonds get priority seating in diamond talks, so you will not be able to sit with her in the Diamond section, but she can go and sit with you in the standard seats.

22 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I see the talk has not been mentioned. If you want to sit with your daughter she would have to join you in standard seating. You won't be able to sit in the Diamond Seating with her. This is a separate area closer to the front.

Cough Cough 

15 hours ago, mschmidt said:

Thank you for all the clarifications!

My biggest concern is that I really don't want my underage daughter to be by herself during this show - I can't imagine I'm the first parent that's been in this situation for this particular show.

You wouldn't really have to leave her alone for long; for the photo session you could stay with her in the queue until she enters the booth and then wait for her at the exit. It won't be too long. Same for the autograph. You could ask one of the crew members or another con attendee who is in the queue to keep an eye on her. And you can sit together at the talk if she sits in standard seating with you.

Okay, official answers are in.

Regarding photos: as explained. Your Wife and daughter on the Picture together (with the daughter having a Diamond Pass) means your wife Need a Photo session ticket and your daughter would have to wait for your wife's Batch to be called.

Regarding autographs: as she's 12 the Crew would look at letting one parent join her in line. This is meant as a companion only, the parent will not able to buy extra autographs. Any autographs Need to go on the Diamond Pass of the Daughter and that Limit applies (one included with the pass and paid for extras up to a Maximum of 5, exact Details on extras are TBC).

Regarding the talk: if you want to sit together your daughter will have to join you in the Standard seating.

1 minute ago, Tobias_97 said:

I have a question regarding the Diamond Pass: Is it possible to collect the Pass on Friday ? I have only tickets for Saturday and Sunday but I'm on Friday allready in London.

Not unless you have a ticket for Friday.

2 minutes ago, Tobias_97 said:

I have a question regarding the Diamond Pass: Is it possible to collect the Pass on Friday ? I have only tickets for Saturday and Sunday but I'm on Friday allready in London.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Not unless you have a ticket for Friday.

Suppose if you get there before 6pm, if you have enough time, you can get the afternoon ticket, collect your pass, and have a look around to familiarise yourself with the layout. :smile: (Sorry for highjacking your reply there, QS)

I know this is different from US shows but don't let it put you off though! LFCC is an amazing Con to attend! I believe the reason behind why more people can be in the photos in the US is (and don't quote me on this) because of the price of them. Guests generally don't get paid to attend shows in the US which is why they hike up their prices - look at Emily Kinney, £25 for LFCC but $60 auto and $80 photo elsewhere. With prices being so high it allows more people to get one but since the prices are lower at LFCC people can generally afford it. 

However, BC is a totally different league of his own so will be different, and busy, which is why rules have to be more strict. 

7 minutes ago, KyleK3 said:

However, BC is a totally different league of his own so will be different, and busy, which is why rules have to be more strict. 

The rules are no stricter for Benedict than they are for any other guest, it would be the same if one of the family had a Gold Pass and the other didn't - the only exception is with non VQ guests where you can just join the auto queue so can be together without needing a VQ ticket.

Edited by Raylenth

Just now, Raylenth said:

The rules are no stricter for Benedict than they are for any other guest, the only exception is with non VQ guests where you can just join the auto queue so can be together without needing a VQ ticket.

I meant strict in the sense of - trying everything to allow everyone who wants to meet him. Wether that be no personalising, the VQ line being handled more, less time to chat to him than others etc. It's just common sense that you're not going to get to meet him for as long as even some of the other Diamond Guests 

• Like 1